“nice hotell”

Favored Hotel Plaza
Ranked #71 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 27 January 2009

i stayed at the BW plaza hotel for 1night at 26 of jan.the hotel is so clean,rooms are a bit small, but this is normal in europian hotels.the reception staff ..the location is very reliable,3 minutes walk from the main station,15 minute walk to zeil shopping street and 1 minute to the red district.breakfast had a wide variety of food and it was great.the only down side is that they dont offer WIFI for free,where as most others do.i enjoyed my stay at the BW plaza hotel and i recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Favored Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 16 December 2008

We visited Frankfurt to see the Christmas market, and stayed at the Best Western Plaza . The hotel is excellent,in every way, clean,warm and well furnished. Although there were not any coffee/tea facilities in the room, it was available either in the foyer or by room service, free of charge, with biscuits and fruit.
As the hotel is 5 minutes walk from the main station, and centre of town, we had a great choice of restaurants for evening meals, so it did not matter that the hotel did not have a restaurant.
They did however have a breakfast room and we enjoyed the best breakfast we could have had, with an amazing range of foods.not just the usual Continental breakfast of ham and cheese.
The staff spoke English (we do not speak fluent German) and were very helpful.
A great hotel and very good value for money even with the falling pound/euro exchange rate .

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Izzycord
Reviewed 31 May 2008

This was the first hotel we booked for our month long triop to Europe. Even though we only stayed one night, we would have been happy to stay longer in this cute little hotel. It was clean and a great location close to the town cente...check ot out.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank finman101
Reviewed 28 January 2008

After a long flight from the states, and the train to the Hauptbahnhof, I needed to get rid of my suitcase for the rest of the day. The Plaza Hotel was close to the train station. The staff allowed me to leave my suitcase in the little office as it was only about 9 AM. They also were kind enough to make me a cup of coffee to go at the little lobby bar.
Extra charge for breakfast.
Tiny elevator.
A short walk from the river - perfect for morning walks or evening strolls. On a quiet street, close to a little park. Clean room. My single room was about the size of a single ship cabin. Tiny, but adequate for my one night stay. Only complaint was the shower. Needs a step-over so water doesn't come out onto the floor. Needs shower doors to replace the curtain (which I didn't use because it just blows back into the shower.) Fortunately the entire bathroom is tiled. I prepaid $70 for this room.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank kitchenchemist
Reviewed 28 November 2007

I've booked two nights for double non-smooking room. As I've arrived late in the night, and they did not have non-smoking room, they put me into a single room, that was the only non-smoking left. The first night I had to spend in the smalles single room I've ever been..
It is actually an upgraded hostel-style hotel, very clean but very basic. Bedlinen old, 1000times washed, with holes, TV-remote-control old, does not work properly.
Next night I spent in the double room, was much better, although do not expect any nice double-bed, it is actually two beds put together. Bedlinen the same old stuff.
Checking out: they tried to charge me the breakfast, so I pointed out that I've paid for double room, and I had to spend the first night in a single, so I thought breakfast would be complementary. At the end, they did not charge the breakfast, but would have been nice if they offer it.....

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BabaYagaL
Reviewed 15 October 2007

Stayed for one night in this hotel in a single room. Room size was quiet small but was very clean and had a verandah and a roomy bathroom. Was 10 minute walk from main train station .Staff were very helpful.Internet cafe just round the corner as well.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank balmainboy
Reviewed 11 October 2007

This hotel exactly suited our needs. We planned to base in Frankfurt and take the train daily to other destinations in Germany. The Best Western is about four blocks from the hauptbahnhof (second largest in the world, I'm told) and an easy ten minute walk. We frequently took the walk home at night and saw nothing alarming. The rooms were Europe-small but quite comfortable and ours, located at the back, relatively quiet.. The hotel was clean with polite English speaking personnel. The rate for a double room for six nights was 640 Euros, which I considered quite reasonable. It was a quite enjoyable experience and I recommend the hotel to anyone with goals similar to ours traveling to Frankfurt.

I gave it an above average rather than an excellent for the sole reason that the on site breakfast was 12 Euros per person, somewhat high for small-breakfast Americans.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank hhanover