“Good location”

Ranked #80 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Lindsay
“Good location”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We liked the location of this hotel, in close proximity and walking distance of downtown and attractions. It was a small room by North American standards, but within range of many European hotels. There are Bavarian churches with large steeples just up the street, and it wasn't too far to walk to the Rhine. We also, walked up to a lovely square that had pubs and shops, where we had a lovely dinner. We had breakfast in the sub-level of the hotel, which I believe was included.
Actual travel Feb. 2012 Price then was 95 Euros

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wow this place needs a major update. Bright pink hallways super small elevator could not fit 3 suitcases in at once with people. The reception older man when checking in was very nice as well as the girl during check out.

One late night when my wife and I where hungry I asked reception if there was any where to eat? His response was "Breakfast in the morning" I just left and found Burger King a few street away. He seemed mad that I woke him up from sleeping on the job.

There is no place to pick up and drop off.

The room was super outdated and was some what clean. Dirty white towels. Smelled clean but were more brown than white.

Good location. I guess that what keeps this place still in business.

Every thing about this place is saying budget accept for the price. $$$$

Room Tip: If you want to feel like you are in a love hotel at first glance then this is the place for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rhend0618
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Do you really trust star rating systems? I'm not entirely sure they are always that accurate. Simply because we all have different needs. So what were my needs?

A nice clean room with pleasant service. Good location and a great breakfast. That's all I can ask for and I am pretty sure most visitors want that too. I'm not buying the room nor do I care if the reception is tiny. What does that matter.

Considering how expensive some hotels were during my one nights stay the Miramar was more than reasonable. It is well placed for the centre of town and its major shopping centres.. A short walk to the old tourist part ( Romer ). The U bahn is not too far either. Yes the hotel is on a fairly busy road but it is a bustling city after all and the windows do a great job at keeping the noise to a minimum.

So like I suggest this is my third stay and again I am very happy with the service. I will without doubt stay again. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: 5th Floor is probably the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank shumba93
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We picked this hotel because so the good reviews from Tripadvisor. It has a good location but it wasn't really benefited us because we were just here for transit.

We don't really understand why they claimed is a 4 star hotel. Nothing is fancy though the staff was helpful. The reception area was tiny, ( I was like: this is 4 star? More like a 2 star hotel )

The room was small but clean. The room was so small, the distance between the closet to bed was only 2.5 feet. there is not way you can have you luggage open in that area nor allowing 2 persons walked by together. The big disappointment was the so call king size bed. They had 2 single beds pushed together and didn't even bother to put a sheet over it. One of us just kept falling into the gap between these 2 beds! If it wasn't too late at night and we only had a few hours of sleep, I would have changed the room, or even change to another hotel.

The bathroom was also small with walk in shower. The water temperature in the shower was not consistence. My shower was either suddenly too cold or too hot and the water drained so slow that the water was up to my ankle when I was done with my shower! What a nightmare in the shower! Amenities was " hand wash" on the wall and "body and hair shampoo" on the wall. I still don't believe what made this hotel qualify for a 4 star rating.

The continental breakfast was ok but they forgot our coffee.

2 positive points for this hotel though
- the complementary wifi and worked
- the room rate is very cheap considering its location in downtown Frankfurt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VanessaMunYee
Russia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A great hotel in the just center of the city, close to all sightseeings and trading street Zeil. Rooms are big, well furnished, breakfasts are delicious, staff is very kind and attentive. In have only the best impressions of this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex_JaneRu
Rheinau, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here for a weekend trip in Frankfurt. The staff were very friendly, with good English (and German!), always happy to help.
The rooms were spotless and quiet, despite the hotel being on a main street. There sometimes is parking available directly outside, although they prefer that you don't park there as they have guests that need to unload, but you can park overnight for free until 9 (check the signs), however this wasn't a problem as there is a big cheap car park just round the corner.
I was never awake for the breakfast buffet (as it starts early and ends at 10) but my boyfriend said it was a good selection and good quality.
The Hotel is minutes away from the main streets, and easy to find. Would defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alice_moo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

It’s a very nice 4 star hotel. All employees were very very kind. We used their advices for places to have dinner and we were delighted (see my other review for Paulaner)
It’s near the historical center of the city and a mere two-block walk from the Main River. The rooms were clean, comfortable, well equipped and silent!! The view from our windows was nice, especially at night. The bathroom was fine, and clean, too.
Breakfast was OK and on time.
I truly recommend this hotel for a couple of nights in Frankfurt while you continue your trip across Europe

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple