“Excellent location, small but nice room”

Hotel Hamburger Hof
Ranked #7 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The hotel is located 3 minutes’ walk from the train station and is a good basis for anywhere in Frankfurt.

I arrived early and was able to check in at 10am, which was very welcome. I was given a room facing a side street on the 4th floor. The room was small but cleverly designed and very modern. The only lift is slow, so most of the time using the stairs is the better option.

The continental breakfast was nothing special but had all the basics needed.

No free internet and the Wi-Fi option was expensive and slow.

The value for money was very good. If the hotel had free Wi-Fi it would score top marks.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Oliviauk

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We returned to the hamburger Hof this October and requested specific rooms by email. All of our requests were met and the staff were extremely welcoming and recognised us from our previous visit. the breakfast selection was extensive and when my father in law asked for grapefruit juice, a member of staff ensured that he had it within minutes. We love staying here and are always made to feel so welcome! As we are in the are frequently we will most certainly be back. Great location and great value for money!

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed two nights and absolutely loved it. We checked into the Junior suite which was very spacious and comfortable. It is situated on top floor with gorgeous views over frankfurt. The suite has a living room, two flat screen tv's, minibar, espresso machine, AC, etc etc.

The bed is huge and comfortable. The bathroom is spotless and in pristine condition.
Breakfast is included in the price and so delicious.

We will stay here again. =)

Room Tip: Junior Suite
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DreamTrip2
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Hamburger Hof. This was my first time travelling on my own and the fact that you can take a short train trip to the Hauptbahnhof and then basically just walk accross the road to get to the hotel was great. The station area is a little dodgy but as noted by others previously it is directly accross the road from the police station and there are enough people around that I felt safe getting to and from the station at all times. Another advantage to the station being accross the road is that I had easy no fuss access to a variety of food stalls, money machines, supermarkets, post office etc while still getting over the get lag.
The reception staff (who happily used english to help me out) were always friendly and ready to help. On arrival I was given a local map and advised that they offerred a discounted 2 day transport ticket for getting around Frankfurt. This was great because once I had it I could just jump on the trains, buses etc as I needed to get to my day tours and other site seeing. I also really enjoyed the breakfasts that was included in the price of my stay, and the breakfast service.
For the price I was paying for the room I really couldn't be more impressed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2012

It's literally across the street on the north side of the train station, which saves a lot of time and hassle when you're in town for a short stop only. This goes for train as well as for air travelers: the S-Bahn takes you to the airport in 11 minutes. My room was tiny, but very nice: contemporary and clean look with b/w photographs in black frames on the walls, tasteful furniture and: hardwood floors! For those who abhor hotel filthy wall-to-wall carpeting like I do, this is no small bonus.
It comes with a small but perfectly designed bathroom with actually a good size shower. All is very clean, staff friendly, breakfast buffet nice. Within the range of Frankfurt hotel prices, the price is OK as well.

the rooms are tiny (at least mine was), but

Room Tip: My room (503) was on the 5th floor (in the US it would be the 6th floor) facing the beautiful old st...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Hamburger Hof is perfectly located for train travelers. It is literally across the street from one of the side entrances, so you can safely get there at any time of day. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is terrific. Clean and comfortable. What more can you ask? Their website shows the room rates, which vary significantly from one week to the next depending on what's happening in Frankfurt. Early booking discount, but it's non-refundable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The hotel was very close to the Hauptbahnhof and convenient for our overnight travels using a DB railpass and transportation to the airport for an early morning flight. It was also within walking distance to the historic downtown for walking during the daylight hours. The decor and amenities of our room and the overall hotel were clean, modern, and stylish. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple