“Try it - You'll like it!”

Hotel Hamburger Hof
Ranked #7 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Just finishing off 3 nights here and absolutely no complaints! We know Frankfurt and the area and this place is safe and quiet and ideally located for transport and shops. Rooms are good sized and Breakfast is great. Best of all are the showers(!) and the staff - always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TheAdamFamily

Reviewed 11 July 2013

You get what you pay for...but without being disappointed. Its obviously not 5 star luxury, but the bathroom and bedding are up to scratch and you cant beat the location in terms of walking distance to main attractions and the train station.

I stayed for business, but would happily return for a quick weekend vacation as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Hamburger Hof Hotel is a very nice hotel in the center of the city. I stay here over the weekend with the friends and was very happy with my choice. My room was big and bright, with a big bathroom. The personnel was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank marooned2006
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel has the routine down very well. We had a good sized room having paid a little more, the breakfasts are excellent, as are the majority of the staff. The rooms are clean, with a well equipped bathroom. While it's not your 5 star, everything aligns because it is in a good position being opposite the main station.

The lobby is a little shabby and smokers stand just outside the automatic doors which is a little annoying if you have an aversion to smoke. Having no free wifi in our room was a bug bear but for one night it's ok as the lobby has free wifi and free use of a computer.

We have stayed here previously, so obviously we enjoy our stays and I would return once again as it ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: Request a bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OKAussie
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Hamburger Hof and was extremely pleased with my stay. The staff is excellent and met every need, from clean, well-serviced room to a very good breakfast to directions around the city and making a couple of phone calls for me. You simply walk across the street from the main railroad station. Once settled, everything in the central city is within walking distance. I like to walk, so I never used the excellent public transportation--which is free for anyone arriving by train. I don't speak German, but the entire staff spoke very good English and gave one personal service. You are met with a free drink in the always-available bar and there are multiple copies of international newspapers in the lobby and when you go to breakfast. My room was a "premier" single and quite comfortable--there is air conditioning and an elevator (which I rarely used). Other reviews have talked about noise and the area around the train station: areas around train stations are the same everywhere in the world. I have stayed in hotels close to New Yorik's Penn Station that were not as nicely maintained and appealing as the Hamburger Hof. As for noise, you can always close your windows and turn on the air conditioning, which eliminate any street noise. Highest recommendation; for the price I can't imagine a better hotel.

Room Tip: I suggest you ask for a premier room (of whatever kind you need) and pay the additional 10 Euros....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tigesgirl
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were looking for a place to stay that was clean and nice near the train station in Frankfurt. They have nice rooms for families (something that can be hard to find in Germany). We enjoyed our short stay here. The breakfast is excellent and the hotel is only a minute walk from station. The only draw back was the noise from the street from rowdy concert goers and police dogs from the police station also across the street.
We did book a room for our return to Frankfurt, and that night it was much more pleasant in regard to the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higher up from the street because of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Clayton H
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for only one night. Emailed the hotel to inform them that my family and I were arriving early. Was pleasantly surprised that we had the room when we arrived at 9am! Great service! Hotel is 2 minutes walk from the main train station. So it was very convenient! Room was extremely clean and very new! Breakfast was good! The staff who attended to us, Thomas, was extremely helpful and courteous! Will stay at this hotel the next time we are in Frankfurt! Only drawback is that wifi is not free!

• Stayed: June 2013