My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Hamburger Hof for 4 days during a trip throughout Germany. We made day trips to multiple cities and locations from Frankfurt, and that was made very easy due to the Hotel Hamburger Hof's location. Pretty much everything was top notch at the hotel, here is a list of pros and cons:
- Very modern, updated decor from the second you walk in to your room.
- Bathroom was one of the best I've been in - completely modern, clean, uber-functional, and a monster walk-in shower (no tub).
- Superb location, as mentioned. Right next to the main train station, you just walk across the street and in. It may not be the most safe area at night in Frankfurt, but I never felt threatened.
- Despite the inner-city location, the rooms are very quiet, didn't seem to even be room-to-room noise.
- Breakfast was great, with even a hot choice (bacon, etc.), plenty of cold meats, cereals, pastries, fruits, you name it.
- Concierge and staff was great; any issues we had were quickly remedied and done so with courtesy.
- The elevator is not meant for luggage. Best to use the stairs for that - while rated for 5 persons, I wouldn't put more than three close friends on that elevator - *very* small.
- Room was smallish, but perfectly adequate and likely on par with other hotel room sizes throughout Europe/Germany.
- One of the complimentary bathroom amenities *not* included was skin lotion. Bring your own if you stay here.
- Large windows, but not much of a view, more of an air shaft so you get indirect light but good ventilation if necessary.
- A bit expensive, but I'd say it's worth it.
- Wifi is not free and is in fact ridiculously expensive - use the Starbucks in the train station next door for free access.
One tip - if you want the air conditioning to work, make sure the windows are closed. There's a connection to the A/C unit that prevents it from turning on if the windows are open. Makes perfect sense, just found out by accident!
I'd definitely recommend the Hotel Hamburger Hof to either pleasure or business travelers (assuming the costs work out) - it was a great place to stay and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Hamburger Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hamburger Hof Frankfurt