“Met expectations”

Hotel Hamburger Hof
Ranked #9 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 July 2014

An excellent location if you are arriving by train and it is located quite close to the old town. Breakfast was very good and had many options. Staff were very pleasant and the room was adequate for our stay. Basically a 2 minute walk from the train station.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and would recommend it to anybody. It's located right across the train station. Walking distance to all the sites (if you like to walk) or you can take the subway or trams. The staff was very helpful, answering all the questions, giving directions, reserving tours, keeping our luggage after check out, calling a taxi. Close to the airport by train (10min) or a 15 min ride by taxi (30 euros). The buffet breakfast was excellent, great variety. Room and bathroom were the perfect size, very clean, modern and quiet. Very close to restaurants, bakeries, bars, etc. Too bad Wi-Fi wasn't free.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was staying in Frankfort only for a dinner meeting and leaving the next day, so the location just next to the train station was perfect. Although the lobby area is small and not exceptional, the room was excellent. I opted for the double bed despite being on my own, which was very comfortable in a good sized room. The bathroom was very nice with a large, comfortable shower. The TV and wifi worked well, and the breakfast was typical for the area but with several types of meat. I would have liked a simple croissant to go with the other breads, but overall it was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank D W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
Location was perfect for us, a stones throw from the main train station, walking distance from the sites that interested us & equally close to trams though we did not use them.
Room was clean well appointed, Staff helpful & friendly, breakfast was great the usual fare we got in all the hotels we stayed.
A/C was great during the heat wave. Room, Hotel & neighbourhood were all quiet although it is a very busy area close to the station.
Airport is 10 minutes by train.
Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hamidm
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hamburger Hof, and yet again I really have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and it's staff. Since my last visit, you now have Wi-fi access in your rooms which is really great. There were a couple of times in the evening when it was slow but that was probably lots of people using it. My room was up on the 5th floor so nice and quiet. It was well maintained and very clean. The breakfast was adequate however my only criticism is the fact you get served coffee and the cups are too small! You sometimes had to wait a wee while until you were able to attract one the waitresses for a refil! All in all though, a great location and a super hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AbzAbroad
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location is excellent being right next to the central station and in a safe and clean area. The reception lady followed through my request to give me a quiet room (top floor away from other rooms). The room was small but it was well equipped and so it didn't bother us at all. The bathroom was excellent with a rather large shower recess. Everything was spotless. Breakfast exceeded expectation. There was a wide selection of food and the waitress kept on topping up our coffee. It was relatively inexpensive. We were very happy with the hotel.

1  Thank TrishBerry
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Whenever I travel to Germany from Australia, I always ensure I rest up in Frankfurt at my favourite establishment , Hamburger HOF.
So convenient if travelling by train, very convenient after a long flight with regular train services from the airport.
The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I personally feel staff such as those at the "HOF" are today rarely found in customer service fields.
Congratulations Hamburger Hof you are an excellent example on how to care for customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo