“A very good basic hotel.”

Hotel Tourist Frankfurt
Ranked #232 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I had to book 2 double bed room and it cost EUR55 each. So no complain there as the price is much cheaper than some hotel in the area I asked. I travel with my family and with the TV and Internet working, no major complain in that area.

The room is clean and bathroom is clean. If you want a clean, quiet place, I suggest go to a real hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Hyper66

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Having read the reviews I was a bit concerned but "the price was right"
What a pleasure - the two gentlemen on the front desk could not have been more helpful and friendly - made me feel special.
I was visiting an exhibition at the Messe and the 20min walk was a great start to the day (weather helped) and I stopped off for a coffee en route.
The room was fine and the balcony allowed me to bask in the late afternoon sun with a G&T brought from duty free.
Bathroom small but very adequate and the W-LAN (free Wi Fi) actually worked brilliantly.
I will go back - I enjoyed my stay and felt welcomed.
Also brilliant location for pubs, restaurants and of course the train station.
Well done Hotel Tourist - see you again soon

Room Tip: Go for one at the back with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Camo49
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Stayed here for a night - didn't find the place to be as bad as some of the reviewers have remarked. For the amount I paid (45 euros for a single room), I think it was value for money and felt it to be a better value especially I was coming from expensive place Switzerland. Two big plus points: 1) it is just 2-3 mins walk from central station and many good restaurants, Romer area etc are just with in walking distance 2) staff at desk is friendly, they helped me with a free map of city plus guided on how to see some landmarks.

Yes, rooms are small and not as plush (definitely clean) as star hotels but hey I just paid 45 euros inclusive of all taxes and a good break fast. I am not complaining at all!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Vishal_Bangalore
Reviewed 4 August 2010

we only had to stay over before our flight back home and only booked there after someone said it is a good basic hotel. Couldnt really care less for 55€ for the night so didn't even look around for other places. But have to say that our room was not of good standard. Our window was pointing out to the platform of the fire escape, so anybody could have come into the window as they pleased, especially since it didn't shut properly. So didn't feel good when leaving the place for dinner.
Location is very convenient, 2 minutes from the main station and a few more minutes from restaurants and bars.
the room itself was ok, they tried to modernise it which worked more or less well. but beds were comfortable enough, telly worked fine to unwind after a long day. Only disgrace was the bathroom. the toilet was RIGHT in front of the sink and gave you a not so nice look underneath the tray for toiletries, it's been awhile since someone really cleaned there (not only the surfaces). The soap dispenser had another persons hair stuck to it.. the shower curtain, apart from being disgustingly yellow-ish at the bottom it was only attached at the first and last of their holders, so the whole thing hung down in the middle.. and really: that is something a housekeeper should see. The toilet smelt strange and the door to the bathroom never shut properly.
I didnt have breakfast myself as I didn't feel good that morning but my partner said the rolls were everything but fresh.
Reception staff is not too warm, I wouldnt say rude but they also don't make you feel welcome.. more like a burden.. Saw that during trade fairs our room costs up to 255€ per night, I would be so pissed off if I paid that amount for this room.

I would have rather paid 20 or 30€ more for a better room, next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juli-scot
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Around 30 Euro was stolen from my room.
Owner and the staff denies everything and did nothing to make up for the loss.
Avoid this pace or you'll be robbed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank 37611Mat
Reviewed 30 July 2009

It's cheap, but room is very noisy, dirty and bad smell. Will not come back again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank catzzzz
Reviewed 31 May 2009

For a few Euro more you do get more value for the $ at other hotels. Granted the location is good, 1 block from the main train station. Front desk (nice people). Free internet service. The room was clean, outdated a little, TV didn't work and the portable fan didn't work. My room was located above the main street below (little noisy). I am a breakfast eater. (my favorite meal of the day) was disappointed on their breakfast selection, compared to what others have to offer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo