OK, this review is most likely going to be biased, as beginning my stay with a couple of negative experiences most likely affected my view any thing that I would normally find mediocre or even ok.
First of all, I booked this hotel via the website for Fredd Hotel. There was no indication that it was now a Mercure anywhere on that site or in the booking confirmation. So when I arrived in Frankfurt, I drove and walked around the shopping center and parking lot a few times (for 30 minutes or so) trying to find Fredd Hotel. No signs of it. I finally gave up and went to the Mercure, as the directions to the hotel from the website pretty much lead me to the Mercure. I asked if they could tell me where the Fredd Hotel was, and they said I was in it... that it is now the Mercure. Fine, but please put under the Mercure sign (formerly Fredd Hotel), since people can still book via the Fredd Hotel website.
The second issue was a booking issue. I do not know if it was my fault or the hotel's computer system fault upon booking, but they did not have reserved for a room. Based on my reservation confirmation number, they had had me booked 2 weeks prior to my arrival there - the day I made the booking for the room. So I was charged for the room as a no show. There were 2 people at check in, which was late, and 1 of the 2 (the one I had to deal with) was extremely unfriendly. He did find the invoice for the no show for me, but he would not listen to me in any way or was even open to a discussion of what might have gone wrong. Since I could not prove the mistake was on them or me, I ate the charge. (But with the changed name of the hotel with no indication anywhere of the name change, as well as the discourtesy at the front desk, it makes one wonder...) Anyway, he seemed do obsessed with telling me I had been a no show, he didn't seem to care that I still needed a room for the night. I had to forcefully tell him that I still need a room for the night and to please book me in. He finally did, and charged me for the room saying breakfast was included. (More on that later).
I had not asked for the wifi password upon check in, as I am used to hotels like this asking me if I need the wifi password. I was not asked, so I had assumed the info was in the room. I decided it wasn't worth it to deal with the guy again that night (he didn't freely offer the password), so I went to bed. I asked for the password in the morning and was given it.
On to the room... it was hot and stuffy. Fine, it is summer, although the temperature outside was in the low to mid teens. In winter, you would be cozy, but in summer, cracking the window isn't enough. And since the windows open inward (normal), it is difficult to keep the windows open and close the curtains to keep the light out to get some sleep. The room in itself was fine. The TV was old, but I wasn't there to watch TV. But since I was so soured by the reception desk, I found the room especially unacceptable with the stuffiness. Sleeping was difficult as a result of the room and the way I was treated.
I went to breakfast the next morning and found out that my room charge did not in fact include breakfast, as I was told by the man the night before. So I was charged another 15€ for a very subpar breakfast at a German hotel (even for a chain hotel).
The morning staff was very friendly and helpful, by the way. The exact opposite of the night staff. Therefore this review has a rating of 2 instead of 1. The hotel might be fine, but I was treated with such a lack of respect when I arrived, I will never stay there again... nor would I recommend it to anyone, even though the price is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north of the Rhine-Main metropolis is the Motel Plus Frankfurt, a 3-Star hotel. It is incorporated in the popular Nordwestzentrum, a shopping mall that attracts visitors from the entire region. You can reach the city center quickly by taking the subway and bus. All 93 rooms have free Wi-Fi for your stay. Our conference room is available for you for business and private events. Thanks to the optimal connections to the freeways you can arrive comfortably with the car. Breakfast and bar: For the perfect start in your day and relaxing moments around the clock: Every morning you have 4 hours to enjoy all the food of our extensive breakfast buffet and at our lobby bar you are welcome 24 hours! Breakfast Take your time for an extensive breakfast in the morning: You can enjoy it from 6:30 to 11:00 o'clock and try all dainties of our various breakfast buffets. Bar Open nonstop for you, at all times, on every day of the year. Relax in our lobby bar with a chill beer or a drink, start your day with a cup of coffee or have a snack - whenever you wish. Business In the 3-star Motel Plus Frankfurt you can optimally prepare for your business appointment - in your room with desk and free Wi-Fi, or in the business corner with free on-line PC, office uses and printer. For the journey to your appointment you take the underground by which you reach the city fast and comfortably. At Hauptwache you can change in the subway.After a busy day you can relax in your comfortable room, or you visit the Titus-Thermen. They offer you various swimming pools with sauna and a fitness studio in the Nordwestzentrum. And if your meeting is longer than expected: Our bar has open 24 hours and serves tasty snacks and drinks to you any time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel Plus Frankfurt am Main reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Frankfurt Nordwestzentrum Hotel Frankfurt
- Courtyard Frankfurt Nordwest Zentrum
- Frankfurt Courtyard