“Great Hotel though a bit out of town...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel Plus Frankfurt am Main

Motel Plus Frankfurt am Main
Ranked #163 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Hotel though a bit out of town...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2005

While the hotel's location is a bit out of town, it was very easy to get into town as the subway was in the connecting mall...the front desk sells special passes for tourists on the subway and it was very helpful as I don't read German and all the ticket machines are in German. The staff and service was excellent. I spent 3 nights at the hotel then went to Berlin for 4 nights and returned to hotel for 2 more nights. While in Berlin, the hotel kept my very large piece of luggage (had just returned from 2 weeks in Egypt) and upon my return from Berlin, they had placed it in my room...so nice not to have to lug it upon my return. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a good bargain. They serve cold meats so it great to be able to make a couple sandwiches (great rolls!) to have throughout the day to help with my expenses. The rooms were very spacious and the bed was so so comfortable. Again, while it is not the most convenient hotel to Frankfurt city, it a great alternative and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank travelgirl67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2005

We came in to Frankfurt after a 10 day vacation, knowing we had to fly out the next morning. We tend to like Marriott hotels so I thought the Courtyard would be nice. It was rather shabby.

The area had gone from about 58 to 93 degrees in a matter of days and we were there. Our room faced the west, and when we checked in the afternoon, the windows were wide open and it was hot as could be, sun streaming in. This hotel has no AC. Well, since we on the top floor, we didn't sleep due to the heat (no breeze either).

The front desk did arrange to have their own cabby their for us the next morning to take us to the airport --- it cost $32 Euro. This is not convenient for travelers to the airport or main train station. Yes, they did have a train station beneath, but it is so far away, that using that to get to the airport (which I thought was going to be a bonus), was going to kill us for time. It is just too far away.

We did walk the mall (trying to escape the heat in the room), only to find that it is not air-conditioned either. The entire glass roof made it worse than our room. NOw I realize that for probably 10 mos of the yr, this would be lovely for cooler Frankfurt visitors, but the Mall was NOT the place to be in the heat, and there is no where else nearby.

If I ever go back -- I would find something more centrally located to the main train station.

Stayed May 2005
7 Thank DunhillMom

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2005

I booked this room without much to go by for reviews or pictures because I was visiting Frankfurt during a convention time and it was one of the only rooms available. I booked it at $111 euro (which included a generous breakfast) when comparable rooms were going for $300 euro+.

I was visiting Frankfurt for leisure not business so I'm not sure how it would suit a business traveler, but it suited me fine. The location was nice, just literally steps away from NordwestZentrum, a pleasant shopping area/mall. The shopping area has restaurants, pharmacies, grocery stores, deli's, etc, so you can buy some cheap snacks and bottles of water for your room. The train and bus stop are downstairs of the mall so transportation is really conveniant and easy. They have a nice pool/fitness center that literally shares the building with the hotel, but I didn't get a chance to go. Next time I'll definately check it out, as I'll be staying here on future trips to Frankfurt.

The staff is pleasant and professional, answering questions and arranging for cabs for us. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated in a modern but cozy fashion. I didn't like the two beds pushed together to make one king size bed, but that's fairly common. The pillows and sheets were soft and very fresh in smell and appearance. There is a small television, a dresser, and a small table with chair. The bathroom was clean and well lit. Decent size shower/tub combination with a full shower curtain (some places have no shower curtain or half!). It was rather windy when I was there and we had a corner room with a large window, but we slept well.

Breakfast was included in our rate which was a nice bonus. It was a generous spread of cereals, breads, pastries, sausages,bacon, ham, eggs, cold cuts and cheese, made to order omelets, fruit, bagels,jams, honey, oatmeal, tea, and coffea. Alot of hotels charge $10-$20 euro per person, so this was a nice treat at no extra cost.

14 Thank meeps