“Good business hotel”

H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe
Ranked #78 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed at the Ramada while attending a trade show at the Messe center. The hotel was well run and there were no significant problems. The price was much lower than any of the other hotels closer to the Messe center. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices. Service was good. The biggest problem is it's not right in the middle of Frankfurt. You needed to take a taxi almost everywhere. During the show, they had a shuttle to the Messe, which worked great as long as you reserve a spot the day before. But getting back was 30 min to 60 min to get a cab and for the ride since traffic was usually bad. Then there were no restaurants close by, so another taxi to the Dom or to the old city on the other side of the river was another 30 minute cab ride each way in rush hour. Even with the taxis, the price was still good, but we did spent a lot of time this way.

One nice item is the hotel is right next to a very nice park and a canal. If you like to jog, the trails through the park and along the canal were wonderful. The hotel was almost like a more rural location than a big city hotel.

I did not try the restaurant, so can't comment. The hotel did have a small bar and lounge as well.

One other notes, it's very close to the airport, so was helpful in that regard. They have a shuttle from the airport if you call when you land from the hotel shuttle pickup spot. They picked me up very quickly when I called.

Room Tip: The elevators are a little slow. If that will bother you, get a room on a lower floor. The hotel i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear wes032,

first of all I´ll like to thank you for choosing the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe during
the ACHEMA Fair. Thank you very much! I also thank you for your recommendation and great voting here on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome and treat you again, as soon you are in the Rhine Main area again.

Best regards to Chicago,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager with the entire Team of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Was in this hotel begin this year for business and for the weekend private.
Good hotel, good beds and a must do: try the restaurant !!! For my work I m traveling a lot, but I have never eaten this good in an hotel ! Also a friendly staff.
So next Monday I revisit this hotel for my business visits in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear avdburg69,

first of all, I´ll like to thank you very much for your choice to stay at the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe. Thank you also for the time to set your comment here on this platform.

Many thanks for the great score. It seem´s that we have done it right and earned a very satisfied guest!

Me and the entire team is looking forward to welcome and treat you well again, on your next expected stay.

Kindest Regards to the Netherlands,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager, with the entire Crew of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Very comfortable, and just a short drive into Frankfurt, this hotel was a great choice. The buffet breakfast in the mornings offered a LOT of choices. Good sauna and great indoor swimming pool. The sparkling water available in the room is amazing.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms whatever you are.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear mmalmeida,

in the name of my entire Team I´ll like to thank you for staying with us.
Thank you also for the great voting here on Tripadvisor and the time it took.

It is a great compliment for us. Thank you very much for this great score.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome and treat you again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt. We are looking forward to that.

Best regards to Belgium,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

If you are a traveler who is accustomed to larger hotel rooms, this would be a great choice for you. After 2 weeks in Europe in tiny hotel rooms, it was a welcomed breath of fresh air to have a room I could stretch out in. Very comfortable, and just a short drive into Frankfurt, this hotel was a great choice. The buffet breakfast in the mornings offered a LOT of choices. The bartender gave great service, and even served us some refreshing "cucumber-infused water" to "refresh us on this hot summer day" (it was only about 75 degrees, but that's hot for Frankfurt I guess).

It's not "downtown", but close. I believe their is public transport that takes you into town, but we just took our car. I would stay here again, due to the sheer size and comfort of the rooms, new ameneties, friendly staff, and great buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
RAMADA-Team, Manager at H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear GreJes,

I like to thank you in the name of my entire Team that you have stayed with us.
It is wonderful to read about your commendation and excellent rating of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe. Thank you very much for this great score.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome and treat you and your family again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Franklin,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I attended a confence at the Frankfurt Messe, and without doing my research I assumed a hotel with the name "Frankfurt Messe" would be located in the same part of the city as the Frankfurt Messe. Wrong. It took a combination of walking, bus and trains (with a changeover at the HBF) to reach the Messe - about 30 to 45 minutes. I was completely isolated from the rest of the delegates, but it was my fault, I should have checked. Apart from this, I actually enjoyed the location, and the hotel is good in all other aspects, except maybe the dinner buffet which did not meet my expectation. The "normal" dinner menu was fine.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear VPK-CT,

first of all I like to thank you in the name of the entire Team that you have stayed with us.
Thank you for the time in rating us here on this platform.

The hotel is located at about 3km from the entrance of the fairground. The Hotels offers a permanent shuttle service, over this we keep taxis in spare by the hotel. The ride to the fair takes regulary about 6 Minutes- during rush hour it could take 10-15 minutes. The taxi/cap ride is about € 8-10. Our shuttle service is free when included in the room-rate.

I do apologise for the trouble you had in reaching the conference and be sure to avoid such annoying situations for the future by using the mentioned shuttle options.

It would be a pleasure for all of us to do so and welcome and treat you again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Cape Town,

Henning Kiebach, General Manager in the name of the entire crew of the RAMADA Hotel Frankfurt Messe

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Good choice of breakfast, friendly staff, and close to Frankfurt city center.
Rooms clean and spacious. All modern facilities.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kevinvanlancker

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your rating and the comments.

We are looking forward to welcome and treat you again, as soon you are back in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Riga,

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Please be aware of this. I mistakenly booked a one night stay at this hotel for July 2012 (on 31.5.12) I made an error during the booking by one day. The hotel have stated that I cannot change the booking unless I pay a cancellation fee of 100 euros.

To change the room booking (2 months in advance) and bring the booking forward by one day will cost an addtional 100 euros. Once they have your money they effectively hold you to ransom. A complete Rip Off!

We will not be staying at Ramada in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Simon d

Dear Simon d,

thank you for your comment regarding your reservation.

Due to the hidden identity on this platform, I am unable to figure out the reservation details of your reservation made.

Obviously it seemed to be an "non refundable" reservation, which could be made over an online distribution partner, or either made directly at the hotel or Homepage.

The two main reservation options or price models we offer, such as airlines and the hotel industry do practise, are either the "6pm cancellation"-option (higher rate or fare / more flexibility in changing) or the "non-refundable rate"-option (lower rate / fixed date)

Please do accept the objective way of our response, as it is the reservation policy you commited to when made the reservation and contract.

I do accept your annoyance and want to clearify that the opposite was our first ambition at all time.

Best regards to Bradford,