“There is nothing colourful about this hotel.”
Review of Colour Hotel

Colour Hotel
Ranked #228 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed in t is hotel for two nights, one day to see around the city and the next day to catch a flight.

Location: The hotel is very near to the Frankfurt central railway station. Just cross two roads and you are in front of the hotel.

Staff: I didn't observe anything particularly friendly or unfriendly about them. I guess they speak English

Rooms: The rooms are very small and spacious enough for a double bed. It was damp and smelly when we entered into the room. At night it was very hot inside the room and very noisy outside the room. It was a weekend and really noisy outside and we decided to shut the windows and put up with the hot room. The wash room was clean but very cramped. I guess a tall or ample bodied guy will find it difficult to use the toilet and shower.

Facility: We didn't have breakfast from the hotel and I am not sure about the internet facility. After the breakfast the dining room serves as the luggage room and you can leave your luggages there after check out.

In short, the only positive point about Colour (less!) Hotel is the location. Choose this hotel if you really want to stay very near to the Bahnhof (may be to catch the airport train) overnight.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good room then avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DANZ A

Reviewed 9 October 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel last week. We made reservations for one night since we were flying out of Frankfurt the next day. The room was not clean, i.e., hair on the beds, bathroom dirty. There is a lot of noise throughout the night, i.e., slamming doors.

The one positive thing from the hotel was the staff who checked us in. He was very helpful in telling us where to go for dinner and helping us figure out how to take the underground to the airport.

This place is really a hostel trying to be hotel. However, I have stayed in a lot cleaner hostels.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Very expensive (90eur) since its near the Central railroad station; small rooms, two bathrooms for 45 rooms. typical downtown hotel w/ high price. Noisy if in the front; area is ok but stay alert... Stay one or two days if you can endure it! Parking near by but @ 2-3eur per hr.
Great Indian restaurant next door!

Room Tip: look for other hotels !
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidHAre
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I am very sensitive to infestation; if it's there, I'll experience it. The staff is rude - or is it German way? - or maybe that's what you get in (mostly) cheap place, even if it is 100 euro extra during some convention. When I finally crashed in the early evening hours after an overnight flight, it was not to be - just an hour later got few stinging bites on feet and one on the arm. The reaction of the receptionist was peculiar: although overall hostile and denying a problem (without much conviction), he wouldn't look at the bulging bites and gave me another room. Same story, but this time he insisted I imagine things - it was too late to do anything anyway, so he got me cornered.
I spent the night sitting in the bed and watching the sheets. In the morning a girl in the reception ignores me for about 15 minutes with payment, although the man swiped the credit card a day before 'just in case', and although the online booking included a one night payment guarantee. Overall, a somewhat surreal experience, falling for me in the category of the definitely less preferred; everything was wrong here and started with what they thought of me as a customer - not much.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank HoustonMontrose
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed one night. I did not enjoy it at all, the shower room was old and ugly. The sink in the hotel room did not work, nor did the bed light.
The bed sheets seemed clean. The internet did not work at all, so I walked to Starbucks 5 minutes away.
I got a double room without toilet and shower, and paid 150 Euro! They put the price up because there were some exhibition in the city at the time.
I guess I paid 130 Euro too much....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Pix5
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Ideal location, really close to train station!! Stayed in 4 person room on top floor....perfect, plenty of space, room was clean and comfortable! For the money we paid we couldnt have asked for more!!

Room Tip: Top floor seemed more spacious!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank daytripper24
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I booked this hotel online thinking that i would be staying in a reasonable priced and clean hotel for my 4 night stay. Unfortunately my stay got cut down to 5 hrs, i then packed my bags and left for another hotel.

The story:
As i went to lay down on my bed i tucked in the sheets to only notice a used CONDOM & UNDERWEAR laying on the side of my bed floor which was situated up against the wall.

I then got upgraded to a complete new room, double room from which i said to myself lets check under the bed - To my surprise the same thing again , a used CONDOM & WRAPPER with heaps of other junk which i cant describe.

I packed my belongings and left right away. This hotel seems clean when u walk in but take a closer look as im sure u will find a few surprises awaiting.

I dont recommend this to anyone looking for a hotel, i think its cleaner to stay in a hostel.

The location is great, close to the hotel, the staff are friendly but with all this comes a dirty, unhygienic, pathetic excuse of a hotel..

Enjoy your stay.