Colour Hotel
US$110
US$105
Movenpick.com
  • Restaurant
NH Frankfurt Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
  • Room Service
US$235
US$97
  • Restaurant
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$155
Roomers(Frankfurt)
US$167
US$154
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelown bathroommain stationstayed here for nightsbeggarsdistrictterminal
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is just opposite centre station of Frankfurt. Room is small and price is between EURO 50 - 100 depending on season. It is highly recommended for those travellers looking for basic room with great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have just spent 6 nights here attending the Frankfurt Book Fair. I really needed somewhere close to the Exhibition Centre and with hotel prices "quadrupling" over the Book Fair... this suited my budget. I really only slept and showered in my room.
I booked a standard single which had its own very small bathroom...as opposed to the shared bathroom in the hall...yuk...couldn't do that myself.
Normally about AUD $55 per night.... I paid AUD $198 which compared to other hotels was very reasonable. I am still amazed how they hike the price up for the Book Fair...outrageous!!!
Now, if I had paid $55 as usual I would have been thrilled as I would have thought this extremely reasonable for what I got so I will base my review as if I had paid the normal price.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was located 2 mins walk to the main train station and also a 2 min walk to hop on a tram. It was 5 mins by tram to the Exhibition Halls and a lovely 15 min walk to get there.

Breakfast...I had paid 6 EURO for breakfast each morning and the first morning I had breakfast there...it was very adequate with boiled eggs, cheeses, cold meats, cold tomatoes and cucumber, cereal and yogurts, bread, rolls and all the spreads you needed. The following days I only stopped to grab a yogurt for my lunch and a cup of coffee because I just couldn't resist going out to the German bakeries every morning for their mouth watering pasteries. In hindsight I shouldn't have paid the AUD $8.50 for breakfast each day...much better trying little cafes outside the hotel and oh so very cheap!!!!
They had free internet which I would expect anyway.
My room was oh so small with a single bed, a little desk with a TV on it and a bench to sit my case. There were 3 hooks above this with 3 coat hangers. There was a Water and an Apple Juice sitting on the desk which were your Mini Bar.
My bathroom was also small but again adequate. I had looked at pictures on the internet so knew exactly what to expect.
My only complaint was I found it quite stuffy being so small and if you left the window open it was very noisy so needed to keep it closed.
As my room faced onto the main street, it was quite noisy hearing the traffic and the trams but being so exhausted I managed to get some sleep.
My mattress was comfortable, however, friends staying in a double room said there two mattresses pushed together...one was comfortable and the other was shocking...they swapped after 2 nights so the other could get a good sleep.
My biggest need in accommodation is for cleanliness....and my room was exceptionally clean.

Summary....I was extremely pleased with my stay. Check out was 11am and I was able to leave my bay there until 7pm that night before flying out...which I would expect from any hotel.

All up...a pleasant stay...at "quadrupled" rates!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of hotel...no view, but quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

location is the best thing I liked about Colour hotel, it is just across the street from the hpf Main station in Frankfurt. I stayed there for attending the Heimtextil Exhibition four days. The hotel is basic, free internet, nice staff, you can see the main station from window and so you can get any where easily from there.

Room was very small, it does not contain a clapboard, bed is also small, quilt was very small that you can not turn during sleeping. Furniture is basic, Breakfast is cold, no hot foods, actually 6 Euros are too much for a breakfast of cheese, bread and some coffee!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

first time ive been here, i was amazed by this concept of hotel. its so colourful, it so different and interesting.
we checked in a triple room, the room is very simple yet very clean, and comfort.
very close to train station, the staff is very helpful also, this hotel provide a free internet service at the lobby, just ask from the receptionist.

nice place...we would recommend this place to our friends, and we will stay here again if we're go there.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Good location near to central train station but the room is small and stuffy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends