“Good price for location”
Review of Colour Hotel

Colour Hotel
Ranked #222 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The Colour Hotel is a block from the main train station among a lot of other hotels in the area. It's a convenient walk, but far enough from the noise of the railway and trams. The lobby is very inviting, but the room is average for a single room. Like other hotels in the area, it's a bit worn with older curtains and carpeting, but it does the job. The receptionist wasn't the friendliest person, but didn't have to interact with her for much time.

The rooms were painted with a small colorful stripe, so I guess that's why the name Colour Hotel??? Anyway, I'd recommend for a short, inexpensive stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank globetrekker728

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Crashed here one night with 3 other friends when we went to Frankfurt one weekend for clubbing. We all ended up chipping in 20 euro a piece. Convienently located, nicely decorated, and fairly clean. The reason for the downgraded review is my friends and I were woken up early in the a.m. to our room flooding from errupted pipes above. They responded immediately to our call and sent someone up right away. However, all they did was stick buckets around the areas (there were multiple leaks coming from the ceiling) and did nothing to compensate for the inconvienence when we brought it up again as we were checking out.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I booked two nights on the way to Africa. The hotel was very clean. Across the street from the train station. Safe Area. Many hotels in this block. Resturants and grill in this block. Helpful staff. I arrived around 11 am and wasn't delayed in checking in.
Delicious buffet for breakfast. Rooms are snug. First two nights I was given a single room on the 1st floor and a shared bath on the second floor. It was about $75 a night. Very inconveint.
As I was leaving I booked three nights on the return trip three weeks later. I was given a single room on the fourth floor with a bath in the room for $45. a night. The first booking was through Expedia. It is cost efficient to book right through the hotel. This is a small hotel and probably not available when just dropping in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Unfortunately I have waited to long to book my hotel during city wide fair so there was quite limited choice. hotels is centraly located very close to the main railway station.
By the time of booking they informed me that I need to wait until the check in time which I understand and advised me that I can change in the bathrooms on the 2nd or 5th floor go tho the fair ground and check in later which I saw a good idea. Unfortunately I saw was worse than any nightmare. DIrty, smelling like usedby group of home less guys...The room 2x3 meters cleaned year ago with bad or no aircondition with window to the most frequent street in the city where every 2 minuts police, emergency, tram or drunk junkies were passing....I'd rather sleep in the car even if there should be the last available room in whole Frankfurt.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank katchen7
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Would never stay here again. Looks nice in photos, but not well cleaned. Toilet/shower smells like someone peed all over the walls. The colours are great, location good, and sleeping area are fine if small. Not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Syv7
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I went to Frankfurt for a conference. Colour Hotel was great, really near the Messe and the central station. I didn't need to take bus or underground to move. Breakfast is the standard international one, but good and in a nice (and colored) room. Room was comfortable and really big, quite clean. Good wifi free hot-spot. A really nice hotel for a work-travel, especially if you have to go to the Messe.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is just opposite centre station of Frankfurt. Room is small and price is between EURO 50 - 100 depending on season. It is highly recommended for those travellers looking for basic room with great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business