“I like it”

Ranked #55 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
New York City, New York
“I like it”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

It is an old hotel with old Europe charm. It may need some renovations, but I really enjoy high ceilings and large windows, double doors and large bathroom. Location is the best. All transportation-2 min walk. Staff friendly. Breakfast real, not continental.. Price reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hotel in excellent location near the main station which will ease your transportation. The hotel is near the main river 5 minutes by walk. Food is boring, same breakfast everyday. No airconditions in the rooms so it is not recommended in the summer. Mini bar for free with refill daily.Price are good for economic stay.

Room Tip: Not recommended in summer
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here in May for one night. The hotel staff were helpful, the location was fabulous for us as we were leaving on a train the next day. Free mini bar, free wifi, delicious breakfast. What more could you ask for. The room we had was large and the bathroom was newly renovated and spotless. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a close location to station.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and I must have remembered the free mini bar to make me book again. I haven't been to prison but the first room I was allocated gave me a glimpse of the experience. I spent almost three decades in the navy and I have had cabins on a ship larger than the room. The gentleman at reception was very helpful and friendly and did give me a slightly larger room but did remind me a few times that this was a standard business room. I tried to use my best German to tell him it didnt suit my business but it didn't seem to work so I resorted to the words of the famous Kevin Clinton and said "it's bloody shithouse" which seemed to break the language barrier. This hotel can't be beaten for location and old world charm and the free mini bar is something other hotels should consider adopting.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Eastern USA
Reviewed 28 June 2013

You couldn't ask for a better hotel for a short stay. Free Wifi, free mini-bar (didn't use it, but glad it was there), delicious breakfast in an elegant large room, very clean and quiet. Right across from the main train station and within walking distance of many town attractions. Friendly staff who speak several languages. When I couldn't figure out something about the TV, I called and help was dispatched immediately. Nice robe and slippers provided for my stay.TV also includes radio options, including classical for those of us who can't live without it. :-) Monopol made every step of checking in and signing out easy and comfortable.Thumbs up for the Monopol!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were after a hotel close to the train station, and expected that we would have to settle for something a bit run down.
We were very pleasantly surprised with this hotel, he service and room were excellent.

Our daughter arrived several hours before us, after travelling 30 hours from New Zealand and discovering that her bag was still in Bangkok. The staff were incredibly helpful, and let her check in early to have a shower and a nap.

The room was huge, and the beds very comfortable.

There was a free afternoon tea table in the lobby, and the mini bar was free as well. Breakfast was a buffet with a huge variety of hot and cold food - all included in the room rate.

And although the location around the train station is a little seedy, it was only a short walk into the middle of town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haydn J
Forster, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was looking for a hotel by the station and decided to stay here after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel was very easily located, there is even a sign in the station to follow.

Reception were really helpful when I arrived, advised of the complimentary minibar (it was water, pepsi, I think beer), gave me a map of the city and the wifi details.

I had booked a single room, somehow ended up with a suite containing 4!! I was on the side of the station and was concerned about noise but I didn't hear any noise from outside and I had a great nights sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was really lovely, lots of options. The only downside to the hotel is that the common areas (hallways and such) are a bit tired looking, but the rooms themselves and bathroom were very nice and I liked the chocolate on the pillow with the picture of the hotel on it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo