“Good enough”

Ranked #11 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Corralitos, California
“Good enough”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was surprised by the comments about the great breakfast, found it "fine" but nothing special. The room was small. Clean and reasonably comfortable, but I don't think I'd stay here again unless I needed to be near train station. It was less than 5 min to get to the platform to go to airport, which is a 15 min trip and under €5, so really easy.

Not a lot of good restaurants in the immediate area, you have to take subway or walk to center -- walk takes you through less savory neighborhood, nothing horrible, but not my idea of scenic...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank buddyfriends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Near to main station & 3 stops to the airport. But during the night it is very noisy outside. They should do something to the surroundings.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nech
Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel which is right near the main train station and near the banking part of town. I paid for an upgraded room and it was well worth it. Upon entry to the hotel you can see that the modern lobby and crisp staff are an indication of a nice hotel stay. The room itself had two beds, a nice L shaped couch, a desk, huge shower, double sinks, and a nice closet area for hanging clothes/suits. Although I was only there for a few days, it felt like home. WiFi worked excellent, and the room has a unique color system where the lights can change from blue, to orange, to white. Totally cool. Even though I was near the train station, you wouldnt know it, the hotel was silent and I slept very well.

The reviews are right. This is the best place to stay in Frankfurt. Its a good price, super modern, excellent service, quiet and clean. Its a boutique hotel that embarrasses the competition. Very clever and definately worth staying at.

Note: Some people have said this is the redlight district. Its not. The hotel is near the banking district on a clean street with a grocery store across the street. Its kid/family safe and a very short 2 min walk directly to the train station.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean. If you want a bigger room, the upgrades are pretty cheap and well worth it...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ProfessorX_travels
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel is very close to the train station which is handy if you arrive/depart from the train station or want a hooker (its very close to the red light district). Its with in walking distance to number of major sights and the business district. The hotel had one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel, lots of cheese and cured meet as well as the usual stuff. The hotel offered good discreet service and the rooms were funky and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sam M
Bethesda
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I picked Hotel Concorde out of a list of 4-star hotels near Frankfurt's central station. I just wanted a no-smoking room with internet. The Concorde turned out to be a whole lot more than that. The room was small, but it was beautifully , cleverly designed and appointed like boutique hotels that cost many times more. Examples: a porthole in the bathroom door gives you natural light, not the flourescent with a fan atmosphere; a fabulously designed cup and saucer for the free coffee. Novel, but comfortable furniture -- a hassock serves as a desk chair, for example -- and a big window that opened. All for a price that was more than fair. The experience was so nice that I will be disposed to get my next flight to Europe via Frankfurt.

Room Tip: I just took what they gave me. It was on the street, but if I closed the window, it was quiet. But I...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JaneHBethesda
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My colleagues and I stay at Hotel Concorde whenever we are in Frankfurt on business or holiday. I am there several times a year. At this point, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

I always end up flying into Frankfurt early in the morning. With advance notice, the awesome team at Hotel Concorde always has my room ready early. I don't know anywhere else in Germany where they don't tell me to come back at 3PM and maybe my room will be ready then. I've even had to attend meetings without getting a shower after a long international flight. Not at Hotel Concorde. The one time I forgot to tell them I was arriving early, they went out of their way to make sure there was at least one room ready we could each use to get a shower. And they managed to get rooms for the whole team ready less than one hour later.

It's great to arrive and actually know the people at the desk of a hotel. And they remember you too. They appear to have virtually zero turnover at the front desk. The people are extremely friendly and accommodating. It feels like they have real ownership in their jobs and go out of their way to make you feel at home. If you are lucky, "Z" will be working - a super-nice guy who knows all the places to go in Frankfurt. Z completely changed my outlook on what I used to think was a boring place to go on business. Now I go to Frankfurt for vacation. Once you know where to go, it's a really fun and interested place.

The location of Hotel Concorde is also perfect. Being right by the main train station, I even use the hotel as an airport hotel. It literally takes longer on the shuttles from airport hotels than it does to just take the S-bahn to the airport from the main train station. Plus, the hotel is easy walking distance from Frankfurt old town, a place full of great restaurants, bars and other entertainment. Just ask the friendly people at the front desk and they'll give you a map and directions.

All the rooms are recently remodeled and very comfortable. I recommend booking a deluxe room (or suite) that is only slightly more expensive but very large and well appointed. And you get a huge shower, which is important for me since I'm a tall guy and don't fit in a lot of hotel showers in Europe.

I saw a comment that a traveler had difficulty getting to the hotel from the train station. It can be a pain if you go above ground. But look for the U-bahn signs just before you leave the main exit/entrance of the station. It'll take you underground to tunnels that avoid the roads etc. Go down, go left and look for the Karl Strasse exit. You'll pop out right by the hotel.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and recently renovated, but regular rooms might be considered small by people not...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Jeff G
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was a great stay!... the manager Mr. Mario and also Erica were both very kind and they were always trying to make the stay more comfortable.
I'm glad we chose this hotel, we definitely recommend it!.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UlisesMartins
mariolandes, Manager at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear UlisesMartins,

thanks very much for your comment an recommendation, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and it would be a great pleasure for us to see you again.

With best regards