“Excellent hotel in a sketchy area”
Review of Hotel Concorde

Hotel Concorde
Ranked #11 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Catlin
“Excellent hotel in a sketchy area”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

First of all, Hotel Concorde is quite lovely, with tastefully decorated modern rooms, friendly & welcoming bar area, well equipped business center, and a fantastic staff headed by Zlatko, who provided us with suggestions for a local pub, advice for getting around the city, and general conversation one evening in the bar; he is a real gem. That said, although the hotel is located steps from the main train station, it is also adjacent to the red light district and several needle exchange sites and drug treatment facilities. The area is perfectly safe during the day, but the sidewalks were littered with broken glass and trash each morning. We were glad the Hotel Concorde is so nice, as frankly, we were not comfortable venturing out after dark.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arlene B
mariolandes, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Arlene,

many thanks for choosing the Hotel Concorde and taking the time to drop us a review on tripadvisor.

We thank you for your positive comment and are delighted that your stay at our hotel was to your satisfaction.

We always advise our guests to take a right when leaving the hotel. The left corner is indeed a bit dirty.
Anyway, we are glad that we did not have any dangerous experience yet at all.

We would be delighted to welcome you again in our house within the near future.

Many thanks for having been our guests.

Kindest regards,

Marc Prokop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Each year I attend an exhibition. This year it was in Frankfurt, which is one of my least favourite cities. We managed to book a hotel (Hotel Concorde) in a good deal, even though prices rocket each the exhibition is.

The hotel is in a good location, for us, very close to the train station and near to the Irish bar, which is about the liveliest places in the whole city. It is also a 10min walk from the huge exhibition centre. So for our purposes it was very handy.

The hotel itself is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar man in the very small bar was a lot of fun.

The room I was in was possibly the smallest room I have ever stayed in. The bed was just about big enough for me and I am 5'10" so if you are much taller you may struggle.

At the end of the day it was a nice hotel, basic, clean and small but did the job!

Room Tip: Definitely get a double room, not a single if you want more space!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick O
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Front Desk Staff were friendly and professional. I booked a standard room and it was tiny. OK for a short stay. There are not a lot of choices for restaurants in the neighborhood but it is not a long walk to other areas and the sights. Location to the main train station is the big plus, less than a 5 minute walk. I would stay there again but I would look into other options first and I would definitely book a double room. If the fact that the Red Light District and everything that comes with it bothers you, than this might not be the place for you. In all fairness this area can be very easily avoided.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Prairietraveller01
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stylish almost boutique little hotel is feet from the train station and everything else downtown is close. Good coffee. Rooms are pretty and unusual, almost edgy. Free wifi worked great. Linens great. Fixtures great. Staff attentive as others have said. Upgrades most of the time. Good deal at $100.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank G M
los angeles
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Wow! That was a small room even by European standards. It was described as a Small Single Room so I really have no complaints. Amazing though how much they could cram into it. A perfect location for a one night stopover as it's right near the Main Station which in turn is just 3 stops on the S-Bahn from Frankfurt Airport. The immediate area is a little less salubrious bujt I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lafineart
Salem
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We chose this hotel based on location and value. We Stayed one night as we were connecting with an early morning train. Was a very convenient location for that and for quick bite restaurants. Also was located close to bus lines and downtown. The room was small but adequate. It was a very clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cleosalem
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night in a single room. It was more than adequate for my needs. Everything about the hotel was excellent, the two front desk staff that I met need a particular mention for being outstanding. Leila and Zlatko ( I hope I have spelt their names correctly) could not have been more accommodating. Very professional, helpful and friendly at the same time.

Room was smallish but OK for what I needed, air conditioning was very nice to have and the TV had many channels. Very clean as expected.

Breakfast was typically European and the breakfast lady was very nice (I didn't catch her name).

Location was also perfect for my needs as I wanted to visit the Messe and some friends locally. Tube station is 30 seconds walk away.

I wish I knew about this hotel when I was last in Frankfurt, I will definitely stay here again.

Thans you to all.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by what they call a single room. The single room I had was quite reasonable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo