“AVERAGE BUT LOCATION PERFECT”
Review of Hotel Concorde

Hotel Concorde
Ranked #10 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Brazil
“AVERAGE BUT LOCATION PERFECT”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We spent six nights in Hotel Concorde in the last ambiente fair (february 2014). We got a junior suite. For the price rated during the fair I would say very expensive. The room is completely basic with basic furniture, but very clean. The breakfast is good but should be better if changing some options after each two days, at least: juices, fruits and hot options. But I must admit that the hotel has a incredible location very acessible to main station and subway (just short steps from the hotel) that makes difference. The staff in reception are very friendly and helpful. There is only one suggestion: please, change time for chamber service. It's so early and the noisy in the morning from the service staff is the worst thing for guests. Unnaceptable to begin cleaning service before 9:00 am in winter time specially if you have guests on holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HADT
Marc P, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear HADT,

many thanks for choosing the Hotel Concorde and taking the time to drop us a review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our house and gave us some very good advices.
We assure that we take your comments very seriously and like to let you know that from this week on, our housekeeping does not start earlier than 09:30 during weekdays as well as 10:00 on the weekends.

Referring to our new breakfast room and concept, we have to admit that we just started this new project at the beginning of this year.
After the first sucessful weeks, we are now changing our food choices all week by offering a variety of different juices, cereals, jams as well as cuts.

The next time you visit us, you can make your own picture of these changes.
Please feel free to contact me directly to take care of your stay and prepare this one personally.

Many thanks and kindest regards,

Marc Prokop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked a one-night stay at the Concorde based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. My husband, 12-year-old son and I were arriving in Frankfurt at 6:15 am and I knew we wouldn't sleep much on the plane, and we wanted to check in early and go to sleep. We arrived at the Concorde at about 8 am, and the desk clerk seemed a bit taken aback that we wanted to check in early. This surprised and concerned me, since they'll well-known for that (plus I mentioned it when booking online, in the comments section). But they got a triple ready for us and we were in the room about 15 minutes later.

The triple has just enough space for 3 people and your bags, so it was tight, but doable. As it was a Friday morning, there was a lot of car traffic on the road, and being on the 2nd floor (3 stories up), with the bed right under the window, it was hard for me to sleep. I had my white noise machine right next to my head. I slept much better that night and the following morning, since it was a Saturday. I hadn't thought to request a quiet room like I always do (I am a light sleeper), so if they have rooms that don't face the main street, definitely request one.

The beds were comfy, although the pillows weren't great (the typical square German pillows that half to be folded in half to be comfy). The shower had excellent pressure, but the door to the bathroom has a ship-style peephole, about 5 feet up! I have never seen that before!! Not great for privacy, although once the shower heats up the bathroom, the window steams up.

A tasty breakfast was included, and we left our bags at no charge in their baggage holding area while we explored Frankfurt after check-out (we retrieved them after getting our rental car to head south for the rest of our trip). The one really weird thing? The toilet paper literally smelled like a wet rag. Both rolls. They clearly hadn't been wet, but it was an awful smell!!

Overall, it's an excellent value and is well located...right by the main train station (follow the hotel's directions for which exit to take to find them!!), within walking distance to the main tower, etc. I'd stay there again for a brief stay, but for a stay longer than 3 nights, it would be a bit crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that isn't on the main street if you're staying on a weeknight!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lilheathen
Marc P, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear lilheathen,

We assume that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, even though not everything had been to your satisfaction.

Unfortunately it is not always possible to realize all requests, even though we know them in advance.
This even refers to a quiet room as well as an early arrival. Anyway, the next time you are coming to Frankfurt, please advise that you require a quiet room.
Often, it is possible to realize.
The same refers to the early check in where we always try to do our best. I think in your case it was just a misunderstanding of my front office colleague or a wrong impression for it seems as if we had been able to manage your request you made us aware of in advance.
Concerning the smell of the toilet paper, I regret this issue. The next time, please advise us urgently and we will arrange another one for you.
To be honest, this is really the first time I hear of this matter, but I assure you that we will take care of it and double check this challenge for the future.
Many thanks for letting us know.

The next time you come to Frankfurt, please be so kind and contact me directly for your next booking so that I can take care of your specific requests.

Kindest regards,

Marc Prokop
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I booked the hotel because of the very central location near the Railway station and the trade show area as well as previous positive reviews. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean, but very basic. The shower cabinet was narrow and I have slept in better beds. I also missed an iron. Overall, however, the hotel was pretty Perfect for my purpose, oen niight in town on a buiness trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The location of this hotel was very convenient as it was only 5 minutes walk from the main railway station. The service at reception was outstanding as there had been a mix up with our booking date (human error on our part) and we were not actually due until the following night. The hotel was almost fully booked but the receptionist asked us to have a seat while she moved some placements around and found us a twin room. The room was compact but modern, well furnished ,clean and very comfortable with good toiletries and tea making facilities. It was great for one or two nights but if I were staying longer and wanted space I would probably go for another venue. We needed to search for and book our next venue so were shown to a tiny private guest office where we were given full access to computer and printer in order to do this. A different staff member this time but equally helpful and professional. Good elevator and quiet rooms. We took the option of an included breakfast which was fantastic lovely breads, a range of cooked dishes as well as Russian style cold platters with smoked salmon. One of the best breakfasts we had anywhere during our holiday. For a short stay I would definitely recommend this hotel, however avoid the streets round the back of the hotel as this is the red light district.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank faye5227
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A great little hotel with modern and efficient interior and friendly staff in a perfect location if you are in Frankfurt without a car. Just steps from the main train station (Hbf) which is 15 minutes from the airport made getting around very easy. Area around is fine - a few streets over is the red light district but this can be easily avoided. Breakfasts was excellent with many choices and good coffee - rooms small but very comfortable. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the street - minimal street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sabcfamily
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We’ve booked this hotel because of its proximity to downtown and accessibility to the train station since our holiday involved train rides and we were not disappointed. From the airport, it took less than 20 mins by subway (3 stops) to reach downtown. We followed the exit direction towards the train station and sure enough as we went out, we spotted Hotel Concorde. The underground passage is very convenient and underground shops were open on the Sunday we arrived (everything was closed except for restaurants). Our hotel room is modern and compact and had everything we need. It is clean and well-kept and has in-room tea/coffee facilities. WIFI connection is fast and free. And amongst the hotel we’ve stayed so far, HC has the best water temperature. No need to spend time fiddling the knobs. Open the faucet and the water comes out perfect, not too hot, not too cold. German efficiency at work? There’s also a grocery store across the hotel, a big plus. We were told about the red light district 2 blocks away but it was the least of our concern because there was really no need to go thru that block to enjoy the city, soak on the local culture and visit the Christmas markets. We will definitely use Hotel Concorde when we visit Frankfurt again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lyn M
Waterford Ireland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to go ahead and book Hotel Concorde for a 5 night stay in Frankfurt. The biggest criticism in the reviews was the size of the rooms, but I know that I wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room, apart from sleeping. The location was very important as I would be using trains a lot, and the Main Station is only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel, through an underpass.
Coming out of the train station it was really easy to find the street exit for Karlstraße. The receptionist was very friendly and check in efficient. The lobby area is not very big, but clean, modern and nicely decorated for Christmas.
The room was small, yes, though according to the floor plan there's were smaller ones.
The bed was a single (90cm.) one, but it was very comfortable. There was space to hang coats, etc, not a wardrobe. There was a desk, a mini bar, tea and coffee-making facility,tv, mirror and different colored lighting. The heating worked well.
The bathroom was small, but very clean and modern. There were the usual toiletries, and the shower worked well.
There was little noise to be heard from the room, nothing from the outside, and the noise of the door of the neighboring room closing was all I heard.
Breakfast was not included in my booking, but I did take it one morning. For those who can eat a large breakfast, there was a selection of cold meats, eggs, smoked salmon, cereals, breads, pastries, juices, yoghurt, etc, for €12, which is perhaps not excessive.
Some reviews commented on the location, and referred to the red light area. There are some sex shops in nearby streets, but in the part of Karlstraße where the hotel is, I saw nothing to make me feel unsafe.
All in all, Hotel Concorde was very good value, ideally located close to city centre and train station. Staff were very friendly and the room was quiet. Perhaps for travelers spending time in the room during the day, not so good, but for what I wanted, it was ideal.

Room Tip: The single rooms are small
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo