“Very impressed!”
Review of Hotel Concorde

Hotel Concorde
Ranked #8 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Stayed at this hotel last weekend during a visit to the Christmas Markets. I was there with my mother, two sisters and sister-in-law and each of us thought it was fantastic. We met four different receptionists over the couple of days and each of them, without exception, was so friendly and helpful.
The rooms and the hotel are modern and spotlessly clean. We requested no room service the first morning so they left clean towels and toiletries outside our doors. Some people have said the rooms are very small. We got double rooms 26 and 46 which I have to say are very big, especially considering this is a very reasonably priced hotel. My sister-in-law stayed in a single room which was small enough alright but perfect for her needs. I'd say some rooms are slightly bigger than others, depends on how fussy you are really. Personally, for the price we paid, our room was massive. And the hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk to the Christmas markets (which was wonderful!) so ideal for anyone visiting in December.
The bar is a small area off reception but there's a few private areas where you can sit down for a chat, and they seemed to have a large selection of alcohol so if you just want a quick drink while waiting for a cab or take a drink up to your room it's perfect. We used to come back there after a night out and sit and have a few drinks. Very relaxed.
Breakfast was included and had cereals, scrambled eggs, sausages, etc.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank RoscoMCork

Reviewed 3 December 2009

This hotel was just OK. The room was very small, which is usual in Europe but this one seemed smaller than usual. Also, and this is admittedly our own fault, we booked a double and ended up with two twin beds. Be careful in your reservation to mention you want a double bed if that is what you need. We didn't mind sleeping in separate beds though, and the room was clean. The staff spoke English and were very sweet. The lobby was nice, the decor seemed dated in the rooms, but all in all it was OK. I don't know that it deserves the hype it receives here...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greenpixey
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I expected much more, given the high tripadvisor rating. The staff were friendly, the wifi reliable, but the decor and amenities fairly basic. The room smelled horribly of smoke (no non-smoking rooms were available, and I hadn't thought to specifically request one in the comment form when I booked.) Other than the smoke, the room and the hotel were simply more basic than I'd expected from the reviews. At 100 euros, the room wasn't cheap, but maybe that's just a reflection of Frankfurt prices. Two months earlier, I'd stayed at the Steigenberger Metropoltan, and this time, declined to spend 40 euros more for a room there that wouldn't have included breakfast. The extra cost for the Metropolitan, though, reflects that it's a higher general class of hotel, and I'd prefer to have spent the extra money.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
mariolandes, G.M. at Hotel Concorde, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2009

Dear Mr. F.,

thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry, we had no more non-smoking rooms available on this day and you didn't like the decor.
But can you tell me why we only received 2 points for cleanliness? We always get 4 to 5 points. Was there something not clean in your room. I really like to now, so I can do something about that.

Thanks for your feedback

Mario Landes

Reviewed 21 October 2009

I stayed here 10 days in August 09. The room was very small but suited me very well and it had en suite and all the basics. At 70 euro / night there was nothing to complain about.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the Breakfust Buffet was an excellent range and quality. This will be the hotel for my next vist.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank moonman_9
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This is a great place to stay if you want to be near the train station. It's super convenient, very clean, and has a great buffet breakfast. The front desk was friendly, happy to help in English, and the room was very large, clean and comfortable. It even had a separate seating area with couches. The color-changing "mood" lights were pretty silly, and we thought the shower set up was fun, although it probably would not work if you are traveling with a room mate instead of a romantic partner. (The toilet is a separate room, but the shower is only separated from the living area by a glass wall with privacy curtains.) Overall we thought this was a fun and convenient hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayebug
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This hotel offers a great vaue for money. It is centrally located (2 minutes form the train station), the staff is nice and helpful, breakfast is included and very good, rooms are stylish, bed is comfortable. We had a great time at the Concorde hotel, and would come back, for sure.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Yashodara
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This is a very stylish and cool little hotel. The building is quite old, but the property seems to have been completely renovated recently and is very modern. I got a single room, which is the typical small European room, but perfectly adequate. The hotel has excellent attention to detail, from the very cool mood lighting in the room (your choice of white, orange or blue), to the modern bathroom and ostrich leather in the room. The front desk staff was very friendly, and they have candy set out around the hotel (great for those with a sweet tooth, like me)! Oh, and perhaps most importantly, the rooms are air conditioned (you can't take this for granted in European hotels - trust me, I've sweated away more than a few nights in hot hotel rooms).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo