I've always liked Mercure hotels and other hotels within the Accor Group. This Mercure is a little strange though. First of all, there are two buildings set across the road from each other. We checked in at the main building at around 2.30pm and were told our rooms were not ready - at 2.30PM!! After a brief conversation we were given one room and told that the other would be ready later. We were pointed in the direction of the lift, but once inside the lift we couldn't see our room number, so we came back out and went to reception again to be told "oh sorry, I forgot to tell you that your room is in the building across the road"! It was a dry, bright day, so although a little inconvenient it was not a problem. However, in bad weather I would have been extremely unhappy! The rooms are nice, modern and clean, and the showers are superb. However, what is the point of giving someone a double bed and only one pillow? I hardly got any sleep on the first night because I was so uncomfortable! Also, the towels are pathetic, if they were any thinner and smaller they would be called "tissue paper"! This is a sure sign that the accountants are running the hotel and counting every penny! Come on, you are supposed to be a hotel and provide service and comfort for your guests! Then there is the internet "con"! When my colleague was checking into his room he was offered a "deal" where if he agreed not to have his room cleaned for one day then he could either have free wifi or 3 Euro's to spend in the bar. When he asked what he'd be able to buy in the bar for 3 Euro's he got a blank expression! So, I asked why we would want free wifi when we already had free wifi? You'll love this - "Ah, the normal free wifi is very slow, but this is premium wifi and much faster"! So, now we know, wifi isn't wifi unless you buy premium wifi! It's about time the EU passed a regulation to make ALL hotels in Europe provide free wifi! Anyway, I needed good wifi access, so I took the deal for my room - the wifi wasn't very fast after all! That evening we had a couple of beers in the bar, and I have to say that the service in the bar was excellent!
On the second morning, I tried the coffee maker, filled it with water and there was obviously a leak somewhere because all the water just poured out of the base of the machine - great start to the day! We then went to reception to request some extra pillows, but that wasn't easy! There were two reception staff dealing with a lady at the priority counter, but actually the young man was dealing with the lady whilst his female colleague just watched him. She continued to ignore us for a further 5 minutes, but after noticing that we were getting frustrated and annoyed she begrudgingly deemed to ask if she could help us - not a smile in sight, in fact I think if she had smiled her face would have cracked! So, we asked for the extra pillows and guess what? when we came back that afternoon, there were no extra pillows so we had to ask for them again! Also, when I got back to my room I noticed that the water wasn't draining from the sink, so someone must have been in my room because that hadn't been a problem in the morning. The plug was completely jammed in the sink and wouldn't move.
We finally checked out the next morning and I have to say the young lady who checked us out was excellent! So, very much hit and miss, some very good service and some good points regarding the room, but also some terrible service and bad maintenance etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business travelers and trade-fair visitors: The Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe is close to Frankfurt's exhibition center, the festival hall and the congress center. All 336 rooms and 88 apartments have air con and free WIFI. Guests enjoy free use of the wellness area. Our CCH-certified hotel has 6 conference rooms suitable for events of up to 100 people. It is 9.3 miles to the airport and approx. 1.2 miles to the main train station and highway. Our hotel also has a garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hotel And Residenz Frankfurt Messe
- Mercure Hotel Residenz Frankfurt Messe