“Exceptional bathroom”

Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe
Ranked #72 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 14 May 2014

An adequately sized room on the third four of the neighbouring building that had an impressive bathroom. The rainshower was fantastic! Checking-in and -out went smoothly. For those guests who also enjoy walks, the hotel is well located close to the Frankfurt Convention Centre.

Room Tip: When booking check whether "your" room is in the main building or across the road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stefan A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Mercure Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback at the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe.
Your positive feedback and satisfaction makes us very happy and for our employees the best reward.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Stefan Ader / General Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Very disrepectful policy, i could not go to the hotel and mailed them before my stay that there was a loss in the family. I had to go to a funeral. So we couldnt come, and now they charge us the full stay...
I cannot find the words to say how disrespectful this is...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stefan A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Mercure Guest,

we are very sorry for your loss in the family. However, was your booking through a trade show in Frankfurt and our general terms and conditions are accepted in accordance of your company.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you in our Hotel at another time

Stefan Ader/ General Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This Hotel was a real mixed bag, wonderful comfortable rooms with amazingly comfortable beds,but no AC switched on so they were incredibly hot. Fantastic food in the restaurant but with staff who really were not up to standard, it was pretty apparent that this is a less than happy place to work for the employees, which is a shame as the comfort at this hotel for the price is excellent. Location to the Exhibition hall is just a pleasant 15 minute stroll away, and there are a constant supply of Taxi's outside if you need to travel to other parts of the City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Stefan A, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Mercure Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations completely.
I will share and discuss your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Stefan Ader / General Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stefan A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This year I stayed in the main part of the hotel, rather than the annexe, and the whole experience was so much nicer. The staff were friendly , the breakfast was much better and the bar area was lovely. Extremely convenient for Hall 9 of the Messe Exhibition area (5 mins walk) and 5 stops on Tram 17 from the central railway station. Would definitely stay here again - but you must ask to stay in the main hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel - not the annexe.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Stefan A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Mercure Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again during the next Exhibition in Frankfurt.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've always liked Mercure hotels and other hotels within the Accor Group. This Mercure is a little strange though. First of all, there are two buildings set across the road from each other. We checked in at the main building at around 2.30pm and were told our rooms were not ready - at 2.30PM!! After a brief conversation we were given one room and told that the other would be ready later. We were pointed in the direction of the lift, but once inside the lift we couldn't see our room number, so we came back out and went to reception again to be told "oh sorry, I forgot to tell you that your room is in the building across the road"! It was a dry, bright day, so although a little inconvenient it was not a problem. However, in bad weather I would have been extremely unhappy! The rooms are nice, modern and clean, and the showers are superb. However, what is the point of giving someone a double bed and only one pillow? I hardly got any sleep on the first night because I was so uncomfortable! Also, the towels are pathetic, if they were any thinner and smaller they would be called "tissue paper"! This is a sure sign that the accountants are running the hotel and counting every penny! Come on, you are supposed to be a hotel and provide service and comfort for your guests! Then there is the internet "con"! When my colleague was checking into his room he was offered a "deal" where if he agreed not to have his room cleaned for one day then he could either have free wifi or 3 Euro's to spend in the bar. When he asked what he'd be able to buy in the bar for 3 Euro's he got a blank expression! So, I asked why we would want free wifi when we already had free wifi? You'll love this - "Ah, the normal free wifi is very slow, but this is premium wifi and much faster"! So, now we know, wifi isn't wifi unless you buy premium wifi! It's about time the EU passed a regulation to make ALL hotels in Europe provide free wifi! Anyway, I needed good wifi access, so I took the deal for my room - the wifi wasn't very fast after all! That evening we had a couple of beers in the bar, and I have to say that the service in the bar was excellent!
On the second morning, I tried the coffee maker, filled it with water and there was obviously a leak somewhere because all the water just poured out of the base of the machine - great start to the day! We then went to reception to request some extra pillows, but that wasn't easy! There were two reception staff dealing with a lady at the priority counter, but actually the young man was dealing with the lady whilst his female colleague just watched him. She continued to ignore us for a further 5 minutes, but after noticing that we were getting frustrated and annoyed she begrudgingly deemed to ask if she could help us - not a smile in sight, in fact I think if she had smiled her face would have cracked! So, we asked for the extra pillows and guess what? when we came back that afternoon, there were no extra pillows so we had to ask for them again! Also, when I got back to my room I noticed that the water wasn't draining from the sink, so someone must have been in my room because that hadn't been a problem in the morning. The plug was completely jammed in the sink and wouldn't move.
We finally checked out the next morning and I have to say the young lady who checked us out was excellent! So, very much hit and miss, some very good service and some good points regarding the room, but also some terrible service and bad maintenance etc.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room in the main building.

Dear James L.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Many thanks for the detailed indications. Please be assured that I will take all the points for a meeting with our Hotel team to sensible
our hotel staff.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and adult children took a trip to Frankfurt. Our first trip to Germany! I picked the Mecure because it was close enough to the Strassenbahn (Trolley System), but, away from the noise and traffic of downtown. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We only ate breakfast there, but, it was fresh and delicious. Our routine was breakfast, short walk to the Strassenbahn, and then boarding the UBAHN to the other cities. The Mecure was exactly what we needed for our vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyCharleston
Stefan A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Frankfurt Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear HappyCharleston,