Topas Hotel
US$162
US$145
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$80
Travelocity
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssingle roomno air conditioningone nightnice hotelthe main train stationroom safethe hotel websitedecent sizecomfortable bedfrankfurt airportcopalharibohauptbahnhofmattresseseurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A friend and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel, and the most outstanding feature was the high quality of service from the staff. They were more than willing to help with enquiries and were very friendly. They had also specially purchased gluten free bread for breakfast for my friend which was above and beyond. There were also free apples at reception! The hotel itself was tidy, although the rooms were hot without air conditioning. Hot too bad for us in September with a fan, but can imagine it might be unpleasant in the middle of summer. The location is very close to the main train station which was perfect for us, but also close to the Red Light District, so you probably don't want to spend much time in the neighbourhood. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I travelled to Frankfurt and had 2 days in the city. Booked this hotel online and i was pleasantly surprised by cleanliness and comfort provided. I arrived in a very rainy afternoon and the person at the reception was extremely helpful with everything . Room, explanation, direction to the parking, all questions asked. Thank you herr Fueller, sorry if i misspelled your name.

The only drawback is the location since Niddastrasse does not seem to be the street you want to walk alone at night.
Nonetheless. Good hotel,reasonable price, good breakfast, excellent personnel. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The only drawback of this hotel, in my opinion, is the fact that it does not have air-conditioning. I stayed in early July and the heat was already building up. Opening the window and switching on the fan did help the situation but things could be better, ironically, if not for the two advantages my room has. (1) The hotel was very nice to put me on a higher floor as requested and the room is not facing the street (very quiet). However, as it faces the back courtyard (which is quite cramp with neighbouring buildings) ventilation was not good during my stay. (2) The room comes with a mini fridge. It is a welcoming surprise which means I could buy drinks and stuff from outside. However, the fridge also emits considerable heat which only exacerbated the already warm situation.

Good things about the hotel:
(1) Location, only few minutes walk from the Central Station and I would say the neighbourhood is safe (I have no idea why some previous guests questioned the safety); (2) Reception, really friendly people; (3) Spacious rooms, the corridor is quite small but my room is very big for 1 person. The same goes for the bathroom. The bed is ridiculously small though, I am about 180cm tall; (4) Wifi, it's free and pretty stable (though you have to re-log in every 2 hours); (5) Price comes with breakfast, not terrific but an adequate selection

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in July when it was quite hot in Frankfurt. The rooms have no A/C and my room was hot and uncomfortable. The fan that was provided helpe a bit, but it was so noisy that it made it difficult to sleep. My room was facing the busy street out front so opening the window meant a lot of street noise. The open window didn't help with the air circulation anyways because the drapes don't slide open. My room had a small fridge thy didn't work so I couldn't even cool down with a cold drink. The room itself was simple and old feeling, with dirty walls and stained carpets. On the positive side, the staff were generally friendly and the breakfast was good. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the train station, but there are lots of hotels in the area and I would suspect that you can find something better in the area for a comparable price. I would not recommend this hotel, especially if you're staying in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed for one night here. The staff was very friendly. The location is very close to main station. The room was in good condition. The price was very reasonable. Overall it was a nice hotel with very good value for my expense..I can definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business