“Not fusion food but fission of morons”
Review of Chez IMA

Chez IMA
Ranked #242 of 2,509 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not fusion food but fission of morons”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We arrived at 7:45 pm, did not get out first beer till 8:00 PM and after our starters they thought they have served us our main course, that was at 9:05 PM, other customers who came after us were served and we thought to go and ask about our food and they were amazed to find out that we were not served, decided to pay the bill and did not have courtesy to take even 10% off the bill.
Good luck if you get served, totally chatotic, food may be good but if you get fed!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Shail343

• Korean first
“This place is a joke”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

So heard this place was good. Arrived and had a nice vibe. Then it all went downhill. We waited about 30 mins for menu and a beer. Even though we asked about 5 times. I think everyone is stoned as they all walk about with food offering you other peoples meals. After 2 hours of no food we walked out. Apparently they thought we had eaten... This is a place to avoid if you want fed. No in McDonald's at train station at least I know I will eat! Disappointing!

4 Thank Michael G
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“5* Funky Fusion Food”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Just been here for our first lunch on our first trip to Frankfurt. The hummous is the best we've tasted. A nice twist with some sweet Indian flavours. My 'monster' burger and fries were amazing. In the UK, I'm a fan of GBK. This rivalled it. Again, a sweet Indian twist. Don't have it if you want a straightforward hamburger. The Schnitzel was great. A great intro to German cuisine. The homemade lemonade was a perfect blend of sweet and sour. It was a shot of Bacardi away from a Mojito! The details have been considered here, even the mayo tastes great. The service had some nice touches and our waitress was most polite and had a perfect understanding of English. We sat in the courtyard. If the weather is right, it's a nice chill out area with a calm vibe. We came here planning on trying the best of TripAdvisor but we may just pop by here again before we leave!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank WittleWooz
London
“Excellent, shines bright in Frankfurt and is set apart from the rest.”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have been coming here for lunch for some time and spent the last two Friday nights here with a bunch of friends. The food is amazing, their hummous is fantastic as well as their burgers, steaks etc I We had steaks with king prawns and scallops cooked on hot stones and tuna steak that I had with pearl barley risotto and spinach with tomato. It was fantastic, the only minor thing that wasn´t perfect with the food was that my tuna steak was not pink enough but only by a fraction. The waitress even brough a little suprise plate before the starter which was some sort of beef slow cooked with sweet potato mash- all fantastic.
On a Friday they have a live band which showcases some of the best talent from the region, all of our friends bought the CD of the band last week they were really good. Apart from the food, music, I have been coming here for lunch for some time and spent the last two Friday nights here with a bunch of friends. The food is amazing, the best hummous I have tried and excellent steaks served on hot stones with scallops and tuna steaks that I had with pearl barley risotto and spinach with tomato. The only minor thing that wasn´t perfect with the food was that my tuna steak was not pink enough but only fractionally. They even brough a little suprise plate before the starter which was some sort of beef slow cooked with sweet potato mash- all fantastic.
On a Friday they have a live band which showcases some of the best talent from the region, all of our friends bought the CD of the band last week they were really good. Apart from the food, music, ambience the thing that sets this place apart is the staff. They can not do enough for you, you are asked what you would like to drink next before even recognising your drink is almost finished. They are absolultey a lovely bunch, so professional and with a standard of service I have not seen before in Frankfurt. Please don´t change IMA.

• Visited March 2013
Berlin, Connecticut
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The food is an amazing fusion of East and West, and there is something for everybody on the menu. The room is nicely decorated, the waiters are not only efficient and frindly but also food-savy, and you will get great value for your money. Just make sure you have a reservation - this place is always full!

• Visited March 2013