“Below average compared to other city tours I've been on.”

City Sightseeing Frankfurt
Ranked #36 of 44 Tours in Frankfurt
Reviewed 23 January 2017

It was something to do on a cold day in Frankfurt and the price seemed reasonable (€15) but after we completed the loop I would say it was a bit overpriced. They only accept cash on board (if you haven't purchased in advance elsewhere). The best part about it was that you could sit just about anywhere you wanted since there were very few people on board the large two-level bus. Starting out, I plugged in my headphones and wondered if the plug was broken, but once we neared the bridge the audio began. It was difficult to hear for two reasons: there was background audio from another channel in a different language, and the loud rattling of metal-on-metal from the temporary roof (for winter use). The short loop was cut even shorter as some of it was bypassed, probably for the off-season. Many of the streets were very narrow and there were several very tight turns but the driver expertly maneuvered them. Although the map showed 13 "stops" on the route, we only stopped at two or three so if you want to get off you have to inform the driver. Wear warm clothes if it's cold out. It's a good way to get around to different parts of the city since your ticket is good for the whole day (hop-on hop-off as many times as you want).

2  Thank JustPlaing

Reviewed 28 December 2016

As usual great experience, nice routes and friendly staff. I enjoyed my experience and recommend it to everyone if you don't have much time in Frankfurt (I only had one day) and want to see as much as possible without much hassle.

1  Thank BunnyPinina
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I often visit frankfurt, and on a sunday morning, there was not much going on so i took the tour. No regrets, but the tour can't be compared with other europe city tours as there are'nt any sights except a glimpse of the old town and a nice drive by the river.Its a good option if you want to just get a rough idea of the city, but you should not expect something very great.

1  Thank farhadtk
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We paid €20 each for what was a terible tour. The commentary didn't always seem to match what we were driving past. It felt more like we were on public transport rather than a sightseeing tour. The price does not match the service - don't bother with this whilst in Frankfurt!

1  Thank Saratxu
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We took the tour, but only did the one hour for 17E each. We sat up top so I could snap few photos, and have a better line of sight. The headphones were OK, but the volume is very low, plus they are blasting the German version through speakers, so you have to compete with that to hear the English version. I guess we spent money to get off our feet for an hour. Not terribly informative, and the dialog seemed to be a bit behind the sight. Plus on some of the sights there was really nothing to be seen, everything was behind a wall or tall trees.

2  Thank pueblogirl