1,534 results
All reviews heavenly bed konstablerwache station the club lounge nespresso machine the main shopping street business hotel very nice hotel shopping area star hotel per day location is excellent s bahn an upgrade central location breakfast buffet is early check business trip
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed in Westin numerous times .. all in the US .. this is by far my worst experience ... Upon checking in .. I only asked for two things .. room on the quiet side & bathtub ... At first the young lady trainee was nice ... "have a great room for you 4th floor facing the courtyard .. and all our rooms have bathtub"

Next thing you know .. she was talking to the supervisor ... this young man walked up to the counter ... no hello or eye contact .. rude ... she then said they have to charge 20 euro per night for a deluxe quiet room .. I wasn't going to shell out 80 euros after getting a pretty good deal from a website

I said "no thanks" .. "if the room has to be facing the main street .. at least give me a higher floor room" ... and room 248 was given to me .. hotel has 4 side ... 2 sides face side street ... 1 side backstreet ... 4 courtyard sides (But they had to give me the front side) ... My wife thought .. wasn't that noisy .. OK then ... took a bath late at night ... but could not reopen the plug after the bath .. almost broke my finger nail

Spoke with the manager the very next day .. changing room of course ... She was polite .. finally getting a room on the courtyard side .. but with two double beds .. not a big deal .. at least its quiet ... Concierge lady was very nice ... showed us the map ... booked this reputable M Steakhouse for us .. left a message to our room to confirm it

Another young man promised to book a Rhine River day trip for us .. no message at all after 5 hours .. talked to another man .. he had to call him ... trip wasn't booked .. but he was very nice to book it for us right away ... luggage persons were all good ... not a problem at all .. Guess Germany has a long way to go on this industry

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RSmith94546
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Mr. RSmith,

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our product.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and regret very much the unfortunate impression gained during this stay. I may assure you that we take your feedback very serious and as a chance to investigate and improve our services. Therefore, I would highly appreciate you to contact me directly to make a proper follow-up in order to take the appropriate steps to eliminate such shortcomings.

Thank you again for taking the time.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Unspectacular business hotel in the heart of Frankfurt. Location is perfect, near the train station, many shopping opportunities and restaurants around. Rooms are large, with perfect furniture. Staff are very friendly.
For me the best place I stayed in Frankfurt up to now.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMWestin F, Front Office Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Reto1961
Thank you for choosing The WestinGrand Frankfurt for your stay in Frankfurt and for your very positive review.
We greatly appreciate you nice comments and we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great location, downtown Frankfurt, close to shops and restaurants. Excellent amenities. Breakfast very good. The only thing is about the wifi rate, that is not included, and it was very expensive. If I return to Frankfurt I will be here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear jcth,

What a lovely review! Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Grand Frankfurt
We are pleased you have enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back for another wonderful experience with us soon.
With very best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Bottom line: the Hotel was OK. Nothing really notable other than the "stairs of doom"

Location: the Location is OK. It's not terrible close to too many things, though there are a few good restaurants near by.

Rooms: the rooms are interesting. The furniture is nice and clean, but beware the stairs (dubbed the "stairs of doom") in the two-floor suites. Two relatively young and able bodied individuals fell down the stairs a total of 5 times in 2 days. The stairs are half the depth of a traditional stair and the carpet is so worn that it's now slick. Hold on to the rails with both hands and take them slow or you'll potentially injure your foot and need crutches the rest of your trip (we know from experience!).

Service: We really didn't use service much, but we also didn't have any complaints.

Amenities: the club lounge is fine, but you can't take food or drink out of the lounge. We often swing by the lounge to get bottled water for our room, but we were stopped from doing so. Also, the lounge has limited hours.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear "BooTheGroundhog",

Thank you for choosing the Westin Grand Frankfurt for your recent stay in Frankfurt and for taking the time to share your feedback with us and Tripadvisor travellers.

It is nice to read your compliments about the club lounge. We continuously focus on improving our performance and to keep it at the highest possible level and therefore, we take your comments regarding the staris int the two-floor suite very seriously.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in a not to distant future.

Executive Assistant manager

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Good hotel, location, and service.

Room was clean and modern. Bathroom was modern and all amenities were in line with expectation. Bed and sleep was good. Service was good.

Wifi was very expensive and not included even with starwood privileges--did not understand why that is the case.

I understand this property may have been another chain some time ago.

I would recommend it but suggest to the hotel to get in the 21st century and provide free wifi in rooms and not just in lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Heiko B, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear “Zoomer2You”,

What a great summary of your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and here is our big thank you for sharing your high recommendation for us and with Tripadvisor.

Let me express my gratitude for having summarized and shared your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt with us and with loyal Tripadvisor travellers!

We are taking up your point regarding free wifi in the room.
Looking forward to welcoming soon you!

All the best,