1,529 results
All reviews heavenly bed konstablerwache station the club lounge nespresso machine the main shopping street very nice hotel shopping area per day an upgrade s bahn central location breakfast buffet is early check business trip zeil lobby starwood
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nothing wrong with this hotel. I stayed in this hotel more than 30 times and ended up developing a fair friendship with receptionist who often offered me free wifi code and beverages. Unlike anybody else thinks, German is quite friendly and giving in my experience and this hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and humble. Room is spacious and professionally maintained. Decoration with vintage cars is very interesting as well and food is all okay but not standing out. Great location as it is end of the shopping district and just nears gay district. Ambience is just strictly for the business only in my thoughts. Gym is well equipped and professionally managed. Sauna is one of the best kinds and toiletry was excellent. Good for tourist and business person.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank B J
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear BJ,

This is a fantastic compliment – what else can I say than a big THANK YOU for your amazingly kind and empowering words.

It makes us very happy that you enjoyed a perfect service: Your opinion counts for us a lot and is highly motivating for the entire team. We especially focus on highly developed service culture and indeed we support every member of the team to go the extra step!

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon again, as our valued and frequent guest,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been staying at Westin Grand for Frankfurt Business Trips since 1996. It’s very conveniently located being a 3 minute walk to Konstablerwache U Bahn Station and the Zeil and a 20 minute pleasant walk to the financial district. The hotel’s lobby ambience is welcoming and the bar remains a strong point. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable and the service is generally OK.

The hotel is clearly geared to the business community and has somewhat ‘rested on its laurels’ over the years. Despite a few face lifts in the lobby and bar area’s, the rooms are not comparable to some of the other ‘high end’ hotels in the city in terms of facilities (e.g. WiFi, IPOD Docks). The bathroom is OK but the ‘mind of its own’ shower head still has a tendency to spray more water on the bathroom floor than your body.

I had a warm, friendly welcome at check in. However, check out took too long due to the fact that I had been charged for a breakfast I had not taken. It took a while for me to convince the lady at front desk this was the case or for ‘the exception’ to be handled efficiently.

Overall, the Westin Grand remains a good, solid bet for the business traveler and on my preferred list of Business hotels to stay, but maybe no longer at the top.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Robesi

Dear Mr. "Robesi",

Thank you for leaving your impressions on the Tripadvisor website and for taking the effort to give us your feedback as a valued and frequent guest of our hotel. Your comments are most valuable to u - they help us to monitor and improve our standards.

We are also happy to inform you that in all our bathrooms we will install shortly new showers of the type “rain showers”. We all look forward to this enhancement. Our guestrooms has been changed in 2007and adapted to Westin brand standards. We assure you that special emphasis is put on maintenance and renovation.

A big thank you for your patronage and your recommendation - and we are very pleased to be on your preferred list of Business hotels.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again,

with best regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Enjoyed stay at the Westin Grand. Traveling on business and the hotel does very well in a great many categories. Good location, easily accessible by the U and S lines; only a station away from the central train station. Excellent proximity to Ziel (?) shopping district! Very nice bar in hotel and very good sushi place. Easy check-in, check-out; express service desk lived up to its name. Breakfast was quite good (specially since it was included in my room rate), but wifi (though included) was rather pricey (Euro 26 per day?!!!). As with all hotels in Frankfurt during the book fair, this Westin charges through the nose and then some. However, the "heavenly bed" wasn't quite so heavenly in this hotel... it had to be the mattress which was a little lumpy (so not like the other Westins I've visited). Nonetheless, the typical comforts are useful and quite welcome. Haven't gone wrong with a Westin yet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear DCurbanMom,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us - we are delightedthat you enjoyed your stay and our service lived up to your expectations.
We all here look forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing experience at The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel is located ad the end of Zeil, Frankfurt's main shopping and central street. Probably the best located hotel in Frankfurt, if you are after the center, that is.
The hotel itself is great, better than most Hiltons. Rooms are huge, bathroom is nice, although not very big. Everything inside the room and bathroom is very clean, including towels and robe. The bed is kingsize, so very, very big.
Indoor pool is great, although a little small. But for indoor I guess this is normal.
I've stayed at a lot of 5* hotels, this one is certainly in my top five.
Just one negative for my 5 days staying, on the first morning there was a woman knocking on the door and trying to enter, disregarding my DND note. I woke up, answered the door and she politely apologized and left. However, 10 minutes later I got a phone call asking "who is this" and telling me that they have no record of checking me in. I answered that's not my problem and asked to stop waking me up. They apologized again after I went to the reception later that day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear VentsiBeasts,

We would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our service.

As you mentioned, our city center location is very convenient for shopping and all major sightseeings, as well as the subway station around the corner.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused through the disturbance and please be assured that we will take up the matter with the employees involved

Thank you again for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

stayed here from 15-19 Sept while attending a conference,great location next to the Zeil shopping district and lots of varied restaurants in the walking vicinity. The staff from the check-in to the doorman were all very friendly,the breakfast is on par with the hotel level- very good. LOVED the free wifi in the lobby which only hotel guests can use,if only they provided an extra bottle of water in the room then it would have been perfect!

Room Tip: i was given a 2nd floor room with a view out of the front of the hotel just above the main entrance which was fine for me,good quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear “Criagendinnie”.

Dear John T,

What a delight reading your kind summary of your stay. Thank you for making us happy and of course for having taken a moment of your time to reflect on your experiences.

A big thank you for this highly motivating compliment, which we will share with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

All the best from Frankfurt,