“Nice experience”

Ranked #35 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice location, excellent facilities the staff were friendly and cordial. The room was nice with all necessary amenities. The hotel is very close to the old town which house very old architecture. The walk to the river hardly takes more than 10 minutes. The only issue was all the programs in the TV are in German, which I could not enjoy. There were also good local and international restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Rajesh N,
As you may imagine your compliments are a true delight for the entire team of the Westin Grand Frankfurt and we are glad you experienced such an inspiring time with us.
In fact, we are looking for more English movie channel in addition to the existing English news channel. Hooping to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This review covers my last three stays at the Westin Grand this year and my overall impression is really positive. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and in a good state of repair. One time, I had a room facing the main street and I was surprised that I couldn't hear any streetnoise at night. When staying there a couple of years ago, I had not been very impressed with the room which was one of the factors for my downbeat review; but - the room back then was either not representative of the overall hotel or they have done some work. Either way, I think it is a great place to stay if you are in Frankfurt. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the bar is a nice place to chill out at night.
Haven't checked out the restaurant this time; had breakfast at the bakery in the little street at the back of the hotel which is great. Also, the hotel benefits from its central location in the city centre and there is a wealth of restaurants close by where you can have lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Wolfman92,
Thank you so much for the very motivating words you found to share a compliment with us. It was a great pleasure for us to host you during your visit in Frankfurt. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our serviicves.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

When checking in the process was smooth and effortless, they also upgraded mt room so I had club access, which i think is a must now if you stay at this hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful even if there was a slight language barrier. the rooms were spacious clean and had more amenities than i was expecting (maybe due to the upgrade?)

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade which includes the Club suite it is definitely worth it, free drinks/ food...

Dear JennaR,
Thank you on behalf of the entire team for your kind words - we are very pleased that you enjoyed our Westin Executive Club with all its amenities and the relaxing atmosphere.
We love being your host and look very much forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed for 12 perfect nights recently. Everything about the hotel is great, except the Internet connection which was over priced. loved the great variety at breakfast, the really friendly staff at the front desk and concierge - especially Dixon and Sabina who were helpful and patient during the whole stay. the room is nice and spacious, and the bed is amazingly comfortable.. I wished there would be more lighting in the room, but it was not that bad.

Ask for a room that is close to the elevator if you have a problem walking long distances - my room was about 2-3 minutes from the elevators (although I am a fast walker) but the good thing it was away from the noises in the street and the disco.

Of course the perfect location makes up for everything else. could not think of a better place in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to the elevator if you have a problem walking long distances - my room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear DeenaM",
First of all, let me thank you for having taken a moment of time to share your experience as a guest at the Westin Grand Frankfurt with us and the Tripadvisor community. As you may imagine your feedback is much appreciated and gives us the unique chance to listen carefully to our guests voice.
I am glad to read you enjoyed 12 days with us and that we met your expectations, and we thank you for your lovely compliments. We will take up your point regarding lighting and I am surhe there will be a proper solution for the future..
We are looking forward to taking care of your upcoming stays, and meanwhile I wish you all the best,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked the Westin as I had business to attend in Frankfurt, I was fortunate to avail on one of their early booking rates, and although it wasn't B&B, you were given a 50€ credit per nights stay to put against any expense incurred in the hotel during my stay. The room was well designed, well spaced and the king size bed was....too big! Staff we very curious and got to know you very quickly. I also had a meeting there and every aspect was organised down to ice cold bottled water available throughout the meeting.
You get what you pay for and I certainly got it in spades.

Room Tip: Book early to avail of any deals
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear "ebaldwin65",
I do appreciate your kind words and I am glad to hear that enjoyed efficiency. I will make sure that your feedback will be passed on to our team who get a new air of motivation.
Hoping to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed 2 nights at the Westin this wee and have to say it is one of the best Westins in Germany. The reception staff is super helpful and and always friendly and professional.

The rooms are very clean, big TV, comfortable Westin Heavenly Bed, large bathroom with heated floor. The desk is great to work on. Loved the Nespresso machine in the room. Also, my window was facing the street but as long as it was closed you could not here a thing from the street.

I had a midnight snack from room service the first night. The night menu is limited but the quality was good and delivery quick.
The Grand Seven Restaurant and Bar is perfect for a working dinner or lunch. Very bright and good food. I had Schnitzel which was good but you can definitely find better ones in Frankfurt.

The hotel has a great pool and spa, also a 24 hr fitness centre with new equipment.

All in all this is a great hotel for weekend or business trip to Frankfurt. Great value for money and excellent location with public transport within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open, ask for a room facing the courtyard.

Dear DennisSpi,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Grand Frankfurt for your recent stay and for taking te time to share your impressions.´We will have a close look on our night menu concept and take up your suggestion.
We do aprpeciate your kind words on our service and thank you for your recommendation.
Hoping to see you soon again,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

A real 5* hotel. Perfect location in the city center. Rooms are big, bed is great, breakfast is satisfying, bar is comfortable and lobby is spacious (with free drinking water. why is it so hard to find?!?!).
Only downsize is that wifi is free only on lobby.
Internet is needed by everyone all the time these days- it should be part of the services!

Dear YoniG,

Thank you for your positive evaluation which is a pleasure for the entire team.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the internet which however is also included in the higher categories of room types.

Hoping to welcoming you soon again,