“Great location and very nice Westin!”

Ranked #35 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is one of the better downtown Westin's I have stayed at and the room was more spacious than I'd expect for Europe or any large city. The service was excellent, and the room service was pretty good for room service. I very much enjoyed my breakfast; the portions were HUGE! The location was very convenient!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Mark S,
Thank you for your kind words and compliments for our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Westin Grand Frankfurt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The Westin Grand Frankfurt is a nice city hotel located near shopping area with many restaurant conveniently accessible from Central train station by U-train or S-train.

I was in a SPG deluxe room which was in decent size with marble bathroom. The heavenly bed were not done in a Westin way. Usually they would be a decorative sheet between the sheet and the duvet but it was ok. The room was a little bit dark though even when you light up all the lights available in the room.
They were Nespresso machine and tea service but no water boiler which was too bad for me as I don't drink coffee and I don't do hot water from a Nespresso machine !!!

Breakfast was an enjoyable time, there were quite decent choice of food and nothing to complain about except for that they could have fresh squeezed orange juice.

I had time to use the swimming pool on but it was quite small. With three swimmers inside and it was already full.

The staff were very attentive and welcoming both at breakfast time and at reception.

As conclusion I am quite happy with my stay and would keep the westin as my first choice for my next visit to Frankfurt.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear ACVK,
It gives me great pleasure to see that you as a loyal SPG customer were very happy with your stay. Thank you very much for your detailed commentary. We certainly agree regarding the water boiler - we are providing them upon request. Service Express will be pleased to deliver it to the room.
Looking forward to your next visit to The Westin Grand Frankfurt.
Best regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We got early checkin upgrade
Room ok standard to similar hotels. Location very central.
Most annoying is the free lobby wifi which cuts off automatically every ten mins so impossible make a Skype call. Front desk said they don't know about this!!!
We didn't take breakfast for 33€ each too expensive. Interesting I booked with star woods direct by tel and was offered continental breakfast for 15€ extra each!! Then was told I would get buffet breakfast but not in writing in my email only on salesperson screen!! Seems a sales trick so we declined. Being a long term loyal marriott platinum testing Westin I was not impressed by sales tactics or wifi. Even though Westin more central location i next time return to Marriott

• Stayed: July 2014
GMWestin F, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear „Italian 87“,

Thank you for your personal evaluation of your stay and most of all for your constructive feedback.

Please be assured that the wifi network in the lobby area will be checked and the necessary amendments made. A network refresh is programmed every 30 minutes.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. We would like to outline our choice of breakfast facilities. Apart from the extensive breakfast buffet at 33 € in our restaurant “motions”, we offer a continental breakfast at 22 € as well as a light continental “essential” breakfast at 16 €.
I am sure that we would find the arrangement for you.

We hope very much that you will give us another opportunity to prove our services. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel - 5 stars and all. But man was I disappointed. Nothing was special at all - the room was OK, there was no view and really nothing else to make it stand out. The only thing that was convenient was the location. What disappointed me the most was the fact that I am an SPG Platinum member and because I booked the room on Hotwire I got absolutely no Platinum benefits (mainly executive lounge access) from this hotel. Every other time I book rooms with Hotwire my status is still honored whether it's with SPG, Marriott of Hilton (have top tier status with all). Either way, I'll definitely not pay the full rate at this hotel for what it offers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BigGFoodie1
GMWestin F, Geschäftsführer at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear ValGor,
We would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our product.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and regret very much the unfortunate impression gained during this stay. I may assure you we take your feedback very serious and as a chance to immediate improvement.
Therefore, I would highly appreciate you to contact me directly to be able make a proper follow-up.
I thank you for your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance to prove our services.
The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Hoping that you will give us an opportunity to prove our services.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Pros Adequate room size with twin beds. Helpful & polite staff. Got us a hot water kettle for tea.
Central location for sightseeing & shopping. Good room service. Mr. Shaikh deserves special mention.
Con: no view from room. Hazardous bath tub with no grab bars but two hand showers. No curtain so bath room got wet. Very heavy duvet on bed & as room got warm at night had to remove duvet
& use cover as sheet.
This is a business hotel & we were over the weekend so it was ok

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "Senior100",
Thank you very much for letting us know your feedback on pros and cons of your recent stay with us.
It is our highest aim to make our guests' life easier while staying at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and we try to be our best in creating the perfect Westin feeling which is supposed to be personal, instinctive and of course relaxing.
Please feel free to call on housekeeping for any special wishes regarding the bath accessoires or the set up of the bed. We offer a choice of different duvets and bed linen to make sure your sleep experience will be as heavenly as always.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon again,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a very disappointing and unpleasant experience at this hotel. The stuff is unprofessional, very bad communication skills and service. We travel a lot and comparing to other hotels it's really below the standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katya K

Dear Katya K,
We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our product.

Hoping that you will give us an opportunity to prove our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

we stayed at this hotel in May for 8 nights. We liked very much service and the room. Anyway I think that they should not charge for room wifi use inside the room , it is free in most of luxury hotel. Breakfast is good but expensive. If you want a cheaper option you will find good options nearby, on the street behind the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luiz M,
Let me thank you for having taken a moment to summarize your Westin impression and for sharing it with us and the Tripadvisor community!
With regard to wifi/internet, we would like to recommend our room category "Grand Deluxe" where free internet is provided also in the room- in addition to lobby and restaurant area.
We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Frankfurt.