The Westin Grand Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$292
US$249
Travelocity
1,473 results
All reviewsheavenly bedkonstablerwache stationthe club loungenespresso machinethe main shopping streetvery nice hotelchristmas marketshopping areathe location is perfectan upgrades bahnbreakfast buffet isearly checkbusiness tripzeillobbystarwood
998 - 1,003 of 1,473 reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Clean,neat and smart. The hotel is located only 200 m or so from the Zeil and is walking distanse to most of the attractions in Frankfurt.

When we were in Frankfurt it was very hot, about 30 degrees centigrades and no wind. This must have tested our aircondition, because it started leaking the second day and it became very hot in our room. When we told the reception about our problem, and we agreed to have them put a fan in our room, because all technical staff was off for the evening(she also asked if we wanted to change rooms, but we declined if we could get a fan in our room).When we came back some 3-4 hours later, there was no fan in our room, and the heat was unbearable, we called the consierge and asked him about the fan, we were told there was no more fans, and we had to wait for some other guests to turn in theirs..However after some discussions, they sent someone up to check the AC, and he shortly stated that we could not stay in the overheated room.
He helped us pack and we got the room across the hall after about 20 minutes. Good service!

We had some food in the lobby, and the hamburgers tasted good, but mine was undercooked, we made the waitor aware and he offered to reimburse us with a soft drink.

The Internet pricing is ridicules, 8 euros for 1 hour,or 22 euros for 24 hours. In Norway it is common that this is included in the room, and we were surprised that a hotel in a well developed country like Germany would charge this much for a commodity that is commonly free or very low priced.

All in all, a pleasant stay at Westin.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R0lfe
Reviewed 12 June 2009

The hotel is very grand, very close to the city. Easy walk to the Opera house etc. Reception was swift and with a smile. As a starwood member I got an up grade to a deluxe over looking the court yard, the room was good. I used the pool and sauna, both very good. The bar is very luxurious. Wine was excellent. The only problem was the concierge called Micheal, he was rude. I asked a few questions, he was disinterested in answering, I had to ask for the map of the city, so he would point out where are the places he suggested. He could not be bothered to do so, until I asked twice. I would have given 5 stars to this hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Sea98
ElisabethSVogel, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2009

Dear Sea98,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We depend on our guest’s feedback in order to continuously improve our services and meet and exceed your expectations.

Thank You for your positive evaluation. It is always an incentive to get good comments as yours, which will surely be passed on to the team.

Concerning your comment about our concierge, I spoke with him about it and we regret that you got this impression which is most certainly not his usual attitude and doesn’t reflect our service standards.

We truly hope, that you will come back to our Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you here to convince you of our services

Sincerely Yours,

Elisabeth Vogel – Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2009

Being already a Starwood member, I was lad to have my booking at Westin Grand Frankfurt. On arrival, the reception was quick enough to get me my room and also told me that my points for stay will be credited. Since my flight was late in the evening the next day, I requested the receptionist, if it would possible to have a late check out. She was kind enough to extend it to 2pm.

My room was well located close to the lift and the TV was large enough to enjoy the programms. Though there was Broadband Access it was at an exhorbident charge. Also like mosthotels they did not have computers were guest could use Broadband Access complimentary.

The breakfast spread was excellent and the lobby is worth spending some time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
ElisabethSVogel, Guest relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2009

Dear valued guest from Mumbai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt.

We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with our reception and quality of services received during your stay. I made sure your kind comments were passed on to our team.

I have noted your comments regarding our Broadband access. We do have a rate which includes the internet charges as well as a guaranteed early check in. Our reservation will be happy to assist you with hopefully future bookings.

We do hope that your traveling plans bring you back to Frankfurt and the Westin Grand. For more information or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm regards
Elisabeth Vogel – Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2009

We used points to stay here overnight Malta, Vancouver. It was a great hotel, excellent room and bed, good gym, sauna facilities. Expensive internet as per usual with Westins. Location is right by the pedestrian shopping district, with great cafes etc. within walking. Great service as well. Quibbles were one hour wait for room service and pool closed for maintenance. Its just 30 minutes by the S Bahn station to the airport which is two blocks away and probably a better bet than the Sheratons nearer the airport. For point users this has better rooms and facilities than the other Starpoint facilities at the same rate, and its a beautiful facility inside. Dont use taxis from the airport so...very expensive and SBahn is way quicker.

Reviewed 5 May 2009

My 7 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel on a stopover to Asia and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms are very clean and functional and the pool area is lovely. The staff is very professional and very accommodating. Access via the SBahn from FRA is very simple and takes 20-25 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family