“Very good”

The Westin Grand Frankfurt
Ranked #35 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Apart from a bad room service experience - very long wait, cold overcooked food that was presented badly - I have nothing negative to say about the Westin. It did what it said on the tin. Welcoming staff at reception, spacious, quiet bedroom, slightly on the functional/sparse side for my personal taste, but had everything you'd need (apart from a shower cap in the bathroom). I didn't try breakfast, based on bad food the night before or use the pool. I would stay there again, not sure it is the place I would pick for a personal holiday as it doesn't have any outstanding features, but as a business hotel it is fine and amongst the better ones that I have been to in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JamieKate
miribal, Front Office Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear jamieKate,
many thanks for your friendly 4star-comment for our hotel on the Tripadvisor platform.
We are really sorry, that you made such a bad in room dining experience. Unfortunatelly we cannot make that negativ impression unhappen, now...but hopefully you give us a second chance. We are sure, that you will love our breakfast buffet, with all variations of food, a showcooking station and a personal service. For the in room dining order - with no doubt - it should not only be hot, delicious food, for our guests the presentation of the meal should be a pure indulgence. As we learned from your comment, we have to improve our service in this matter.
We really would be glad to welcome you again in Frankfurt and surprise you with a relaxing and enjoyable service.
See you soon at

There are newer reviews for The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Reviewed 28 June 2010

The hotel was pretty easy to find with the GPS. There was an underground parking garage so parking was convenient. Parking cost me 23 euro when left. Took an elevator up to the lobby to check-in. Check-in was a breeze. The staff at the front desk was really nice.

Picked up my room key and headed to the elevator. I booked the Executive Club room so I was excited to see the room because of the way is was described online. I was even more excited to see that you needed a key to get to rooms on floor 3 and higher. I stayed on the 3rd floor. I was expecting a lot but when I opened the door the only thing I saw was a normal sized room.

The room and bathroom was nice, the bed was really comfortable, but for the money I paid I expected more. No view of the city from the room as describe on the website. Maybe other rooms had it. Not a big deal to me, but I was told on the phone I would have a view. But oh well........The room reservation was for two, but there was only one complimenary bottle of water. You'd think they'd give you 1 per guest. I'd say it was about 8 oz or less. No big deal, we brought our own water. The area is really nice for shopping. My girlfriend loved it. Everything you need is in walking distance. You really can't beat the location.

The hotel menu was decent as far as what they offered, but the prices were outrageous. Since we walked around the area all day we really didn't feel like leaving the room to eat so we ordered room service. She ordered a pizza and I ordered a burger & fries. Add the drinks to that and we paid 48 euros. The food wasn't worth it. It didn't taste good at all. The fries were ok. Later I ordered my girlfriend some ice cream. It cost 5 euro for what seemed to be 1-2 scoops. We couldn't believe how small it was. Not really complaining, we chose to use room service so it's our own fault.

There's a 3 euro service charge for all room deliveries. I thought service charge was for tipping, but there's an area on the receipt that asks if you want to give a tip. I made sure to always write a big "0" in that area. But I did give the guys who brought up the orders a decent tip.

Overall I would say that the hotel is a nice place to stay. I don't think I'll ever stay there again but that's only because I live an hour away. Would I recommend it to a friend? If so, I'd say get the cheapest room you can get because you won't spend a lot of time in the room. Eat at the local restaurants to avoid the high priced hotel food.

The only negative thing that I will say is that we went to the spa/pool area only to have a look. Since we were in regular clothes we thought we'd talk to the lady working the desk and ask some questions. She was helping some customers when we arrived and once she was done with them she walked off and never came back. Never said anything to us about not coming back or letting us know when she'd be back. We waited and waited and finally just left. That was very rude of her. Other than that, it wasn't a bad stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear ddm500,
many thanks for your friendly and detailed 3-star commentfor our hotel on the Tripadvisor platform.
It was nice for us to read, that you enjoyed the location ofThe Westin Grand Hotel Frankfurt and to be honest, you had a lot of patience with us.
To point out - we learned from your comment, that we have to improve our service especially in regards to: a more detailled describtion of our room types, checks on the treatments and most of all a training for the Spa attendends.
We really thank you for helping us in this matter and as well for saying "it was not a big deal". Be sure we take care- seriously - and would be glad to welcome you again.
I do have the impression that you did not visit our brand new Westin Executive Club - the acces for the club is the main feature in the category you booked - I would be happy to show you around next time.
If there is anything, we can do for you so far, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at

Reviewed 24 June 2010

I stay here often and am very fond of the professional staff, exquisite accomodations and location. How many hotel rooms have a Nespresso machine just for you? The beds are to die for, the bathrooms are spotless with the usual amenities and marble design and the fridge is a huge plus for any traveller. The hotel is spotless and the staff extremely accomodating. You will love the vintage cars on display in the lobby and mezzanine. I fell in love with a 1930's BMW convertible and a 1950's VW Bug. You are in the middle of the city center and can walk anywhere. I walked to the Douglas Parfumerie and had coffee and strudel in their 4th floor cafe'. I went grocery shopping at LIDL and went to DM for cosmetics and household things. The hotel has a Business Center that is well equipped for any business traveller. There are countless restaurants within a block or two. Koh Samui is behind the hotel and you will love this location. It does not get better than this!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear parisflygirl,
many thanks for your friendly and very positiv5star - comment for our hotel on the Tripadvisor platform.
We are glad to hear (to read), that you really enjoyed the stay with us.
Whenever you feel,you need to have a relaxing stay in a "heavenly bed" with a "heavenly bath",
just contact us directly and we will be delighted to make a reservation for you.

We really look forward to see you again at

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Good Day Mr. Heiko Buchta,
Please allow me to send along my sincere compliments and congratulations to you and your team.
It was my pleasure to be served by your very talented Food & Beverage team last week during the IMEX conference in your city.

Led by Mr. Fatih Akerdem, the friendly and efficient staff in your lounge and restaurant area impressed me a great deal.
Mr. Akerdem obvioulsy has his team well trained and their love for what they do shows.

While the entire team (including Tim Oei, Mareike von Beckerath ) were a pleasure to deal with, Mr. Christian Seller was someone who my colleagues and myself thought really stood out with his
incomparable service and friendly nature.

We travel often for business and in many cities around the world, the service we received last week not only made us want to be in your property each evening it made us want to return as well.

I hope you will take the time to congratulate them on a job well done, and share this with them.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
miribal, General Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

Dear tourismcanada,

I was very happy to read your positive comments about your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt. Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community.
Your kind words are a great motivation for our bar staff. They are indeed a superb team and committed to making every guest feel special and at home.
Thanks again for your efforts. I hope to see you next year for the IMEX at the Westin Grand Frankfurt.

Refreshed Greetings
Heiko Buchta

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I was traveling with a wheelchair bound friend who was in Frankfurt to receive medical treatment. the staff at the Westin staff went out of its way to us comfortable,
helping us with the wheelchair and making special arrangements for
our room.From Fahti in the bar, to the gracious housekeeper who
made sure we always had a lot of towels (showering my friend was a major
operation), every detail was taken care of. cheerfully and quickly.
But more than that, it was the feeling we had of being welcome and
cared for. We were a long way from home, and my friend was in a stressful
situation regarding his surgery, and the staff of the Westin helped ease
that burden. we were so well cared for, it was like staying with family.

Reviewed 30 May 2010

This was our second stay at the westin frankurt. The hotel is in down town frankfurt and the location is excellent.
Initiall check in was a little problem as they did not assign us a room with two separate beds as we booked on hotwire. It ended up costing 20 euros/day and they upgraded us to the spg floor.
The rooms are nice and clean with all 5 star amenities. Bathroom is excellent with white marble tops.
The concierge was very friendly and she arranged a lunch reservation for us at another restaurant.
Just behind the hotel is the main shopping area with a street full of restaurants and bars. Nice place to hang out in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
miribal, Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Dear ankur_79,

Thank you for leaving your comments on the Tripadvisor website and taking the effort to give us such positive feedback about your last stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt. Your comments are very valuable to us because they help us to monitor and improve our service standards.
The room category you have chosen to book through hotwire does not have any twin bedded rooms. From the Deluxe category on, this bedding type is available - as you mentioned for a little surcharge of 20€. This room type is located in the calmer part of the hotel and therefore it helps our guests to relax and rejuvenate more as usual.

Dear ankur_79, we are looking forward to welcome you the third time at our hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2010

Stayed four nights and found the room to be a comfortable size. While the hotel is a bit older, the room was modern, but some maintenance in some common areas have been neglected.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
miribal, Management at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2010

Dear vancouverchu

I would like to thank you very much for posting a commentary on the Tripadvisor website and outlining the convenience of our hotel’s location.
You are right that our hotel building is in its 20st anniversary but 3 years ago, when we rebranded from Sheraton- Luxury collection to Westin – the Hotel became totally renovated. Certainly there are some issues where you can see the age of the building, but our maintenance team is always working on it to keep the standard up.

We would be happy to welcome you soon again and hope you will book our hotel again when you plan your next trip to Frankfurt.

Thanks again and best regards