“OK hotel for one night”

Ranked #35 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
“OK hotel for one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

The two reasons I chose this hotel over the other options near the airport are (1) it seemed the only hotel located right in Terminal 1; and (2) very personal and honest replies from the General Manager of the hotel to the reviews on tripadvisor. Such attention to guests gave me confidence that the client service should be on high level. All in all it was.

I stayed there for 24 hours. It was not so difficult to find it, although the signs in terminal were small and you can easily miss them. I had to ask a couple of times for direction. It is right in Terminal 1, after you pass the passport control then you have to go a bit of up and down by escalators to get there.

The hotel was able to check me in at 8 am, and it is appreciated that I did not have to wait for several hours. Mattias in the front office did an excellent job by making me feel welcomed.

The room was of a good size, but it is so old, reminding me '80s (altough I was a kid in those years). Furniture, colors, bathtub need serious modernization.

The hotel is very close to an S-Bahn station which will take you to Hauptwache, right to the center of Frankfurt, in about 10-15 minutes.

In terms of other services in the hotel, I tried their room service and it was a big disappointment ! The food was delivered on time by a very nice guy - no complaints there. But the quality of food was not good at all. But they called me after 30 minutes or so and asked for my experience.

All in all - a good hotel for one night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Hello airwav,

It is my pleasure to personally reply to the comments of our guests. I believe that customer feedback is the best tool to measure a hotel’s service level. Therefore, we are very grateful for your commentary and I thank you very much for your efforts. Your experiences were mostly positive but we could have performed better. We will certainly take your information to heart and see what we can do about improving the areas that you pointed out as not so satisfying.

I hope you will book our hotel again. It would make us happy.

Thank you!

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is hotel with great staff in all departments specially at the Front Office. You will feel like you are at home. It is next to the airport and connected with Metro Station, so it is very easy to reach the city.
I was staying in Sheraton Frankfurt a week ago, and upon arrival I lost my luggage. That was my first time in Germany and in Frankfurt. Without help of Front Office Supervisor I would not be able to get back my suitcase. Nicole was very helpful, she gave her best to track down my lost suitcase. She arranged to send a car to pick up my luggage 60km away from Frankfurt. Honestly you won't be able to find so helpful and dedicated Front Office Staff anywhere in the world.
Thank you very much for your help.

With regards,
Kristina Panin

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Kristina,

I had heard already about the incident with your lost luggage. We were really glad that we could trace it and pick it up for you. Nicole from our front desk is very happy that you mentioned her by name because of her efforts to assist you. Thank you very much for giving us such a good score! If you come back to Germany, you are most welcome to stay at our hotel again.

Best regards from Frankfurt,

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I went on a week-long business trip to Frankfurt that happen to coincide with the Book Fair, and the only room I could find anywhere close to the city center was the Sheraton Airport. My expectation was that it would be a sterile, impersonal hotel in the middle of nowhere. It turned out to be a wonderful stay, and I will stay there again the next time I am in Frankfurt.

First, the location is actually very convenient. It is a short ride on the S-Bahn into the city center, and you simply have to take an elevator down from the walkway connecting the hotel to the airport to be on the train platform. You could have a much less convenient location if you were actually staying in the city.

Yes, the lobby is cavernous. However, the personnel are extremely friendly and helpful and make up for the institutional feeling of the public areas. The rooms are very well-appointed and modern, and the housekeeping was impeccable--probably the best I have experienced in the last several years. I considered the Sheraton a little oasis to which I could escape after a long day in the city.

And call me crazy, but I rather liked being at the airport. It was kind of cool to look out the window and be able to watch planes taking off and landing (and I even did an airport tour one afternoon on the way home, which was quite interesting--got to see the A-380 take off!). Don't worry--you can't hear a thing from the hotel--the windows are completely sound proof.

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about the Sheraton airport. The entire stay was a delight!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank wbpld
Dear wbpld,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We are totally flattered by your praiseworthy summary of your stay at our hotel. It would be great if you would stay with us soon again. We hope you will travel to Frankfurt again in the near future and look forward to seeing you.

Thanks and regards,

bennington vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

As a lay over passenger on Lufthansa Airlines I stayed one night Oct 27 2011 between flights. Although the Hotel was not easy to locate from inside the airport terminal, signage was terrible,once inside the Sheraton the experience was practically perfect. Check in was fast and pleasant, a specail request was met immediately and then followed up by a call from the service desk to make sure I was pleased The room was stylish, modern and very clean. Breakfast was very expensive, 33 Euro after taxes but it was wonderful and offered everything from breakfast to luch and dinner items. Check out was equally fast and very pleasant. I loved the hotel and all the staff!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear newways,

I would to thank you for your positive feedback. We believe that layover guests especially deserve our full attention because they find themselves typically in a rather unpleasant situation. Long waiting times at the airport, uncertainty regarding the next flight connections and an unwanted stopover can cause much frustration. I am glad that we could help to make you feel comfortable and hope very much that you will check in to our hotel again the next time you are in Frankfurt.

Best regards,

Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Great property within a 5 minute walk of the FRA terminal. Hotel is priced h for the location but if you are on a tight schedule with an early flight departure, this is the place. Avoid the shuttle buses and simply walk across the skybridge to the hotel. Great staff and good food. Price is the only thing I would complain about. Much more then they should charge even with the location in mind

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

As a gold member i was put in a room with an eighties design bathroom, old and tired design of room and empty minibar. Upon arrival there were 6 empty bottles in front of my door... Breakfast is 34 euro and muesli for breakfast is 5 euro without milk because that is an extra 5 euro. Quality of sheets is cheap and airconditioning did not cool the room. Location is good and staff is very nice but it is way overpriced and old, tired design.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank bergo
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear bergo,

Thank you for letting us know how we scored in your opinion. I am sorry that due to our booking situation on the day of your stay there was no possibility to upgrade you to a higher room category. Please excuse that we were not quick enough to collect the bottles that other guests had put out onto the corridor. I do not really understand your comments about the muesli and the milk. We do certainly not serve cereals without milk and do not charge anything extra for the milk. I am sure that this was a misunderstanding.

I hope you will stay at our hotel again. We would be happy to welcome you soon again.

Best regards,

Petoskey, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We missed a connecting flight to the U.S. and were put up by Lufthansa at the Sheraton. Although connected to the terminal by a walkway, it is a long hike to the reception desk area, which ironically is totally opposite of the location of the elevators, which was all the way back where the terminal entrance was. Bizarre layout makes you walk the length of the hotel to go to dining and then back again to the elevators. Our flight and many others were re-booked for the next day so the place was packed with people who had no luggage and we couldn't even find a place to sit down in the cramped, tiny bar. Lufthansa set up a buffet in the lower level of the conference center for passengers and the food was horrible. The only beverages offered were soft drinks, coffee, water and bottled beer. The room quality was so-so. I overheard the desk clerk assign a fellow (single) passenger a king room and yet she gave us (couple) two twin beds. Very weird. If I'd been paying for this room I would be very unhappy, but since it was covered by the airline, I couldn't discount the convenience of being across from the Terminal. If you're familiar with American hotel chains, I'd say this one was below normal Sheraton standards.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear dre51,

What a bother that you missed your flight. I can understand that you were annoyed to have to stay in Frankfurt for the night. Our reception area is actually more or less in the center of the hotel, in between two of three wings of our hotel. But of course it is a large hotel and there is a bit of walking to do to get from one place to the other, depending on what room you get. Yet, it does not take more than 3-4 minutes to get to the restaurants from the guest rooms.

Yours was not the only airline layover on that day – we were actually booked out because of flight delays. We did our best to make all the flight passengers happy. I am sorry that you were not entirely comfortable. Please note that we can only offer food and beverage as ordered and paid for by the airlines.

I hope you had a good journey home and could finally relax after your troublesome journey.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,328 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#44 of 268 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!