“Great Hotel with direct access to FRA Airport”

Ranked #32 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Have stayed at this property before - most recently in Aug 2011. I stayed here again on Dec 1st 2011 for one night. Once again, had NO complaints about the hotel. As a Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum level member, was upgraded to the Towers Building and had access to the Towers/Club lounge. There is a SMALL fitness room for Towers guests adjacent to the Towers/Club lounge. However, the LARGE fitness center is on the -1 level and is AMAZING for a hotel fitness center. Very well stocked with all the best equipment, plus has a large locker room area. The relaxation/solarium area is wonderfully quiet and has a sauna & steam room. Again, the hotel is perfectly situated above the S-Bahn & ICE train station and is also connected to the main terminal via an enclosed walkway (connects into both Terminal 1 & 2). Stayed on a cash& points award. Rooms are clean, quiet, and allow for a good nigts' sleep. Staff are overly friendly and professional. Lobby is large with ample places to sit and talk or relax. Wanted to go into Frankfurt for the afternoon/eening and the concierge gave clear instructions (off of a info sheet) on which train to catch - Thank you !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SFDutchman
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Dear SFDutchman,

WOW - It’s a real pleasure tor read your feedback and that you have enjoyed our service and felt well taken care of. Perfect, that’s exactly how it should be.

I am glad that you pointed out our new Fitness & Spa Center. Whether you like to start your day off with a work-out or want to burn off some energy after a busy day of meetings or a long flight, you'll find everything you need in our gym & spa.

We thank you for your loyalty and are looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Enjoy a wonderful week!

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,192)

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel due to the convenience of being at the airport before our flight the next day. Let me say that the man who helped us to our room with our luggage was EXTREMELY polite and friendly and chatty as we walked to the room. However, our room smelled very bad, so bad that my boyfriend insisted that we get a different room. We called reception and waited in the hallway for about 15 minutes before someone came up with a room key to take us to our new room. I didn't think the new room was that much better, but the smell was not as strong, so we stayed with it. The bathroom looks very old, the bedding is what would be standard in a cheap hotel.

On a positive note, the breakfast buffet was great! It was a very large selection of items.

Upon checking out, the receptionist could not get their machine to charge my credit card. It was definitely their issue, because I checked my credit card right there from my iPad and there was no problem with it. So then I had to proceed to drag all my luggage into the airport to use the ATM to pay cash for the hotel room. Then, they charged me for the internet when they had promised to give me a credit for that for having to change rooms. I reported this later on the Sheraton feedback form on the web, and was given a credit for those charges.

All in all, I didn't expect much from a airport hotel, but the Sheraton Frankfurt could definitely do better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DixieLee2006

Dear LBranden,

First of all let me thank you for constructive summary of your stay and for bringing your impressions to our attention. All guest feedbacks allow us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

I am surprised to read that your room smelled very bad. In order to make a proper follow up with our Housekeeping team on what caused the bad smell I would highly appreciate if you could contact me directly, which will give me the possibility to further avoid anything similar.

I hope you will consider staying at our hotel again in the near future. It would be our pleasure to being your host again.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

It's so obvious I almost blush to write it. We needed lodgings for the night, close by Frankfurt Airport, and in choosing the Sheraton we paid through the nose for it. I mean, obvious, right?! This property is convenience-plus - you can just walk from the airport through an enclosed air-bridge to the hotel and check in. But it charges a ridiculous price for the luxury of convenience, and while that's OK, they must be almost laughing at you as it seems the hotel decor and amenities haven't been updated since June 1987 (I estimate). It's incredibly tired, scruffy, dull decor, very dated, and with small rooms. Clean, of course (it's Germany after all) but with a strange stalag-air about them. Nothing but the basics here as you pay for 5-star accommodation. Sound-proofed - but horrid. The only good thing about this hotel, other than the location, was the breakfast buffet which was surprisingly good and extensive, with lots of fresh fruit and a great selection. Serving staff were friendly and efficient. However the room it was served in was as drab and dated as all the other hotel rooms. Next time, I'll save my money and take the shuttle bus to the Holiday Inn or similar.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear JCN_Travels,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret that you did not like your hotel room. It is of course not possible to fulfill all our guests` individual preferences. But please be informed that we are having continuing renovations for our interior and exterior design.

I am glad, though, that you were positively surprised by our delicious breakfast buffet and our location with direct access to the Frankfurt International Airport.

I hope you will consider our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

The Sheraton is at the moment your only option if you want to stay directly at the airport terminal. But soon 2 new hotels (Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn) will open and the competition will hopefully lower the prices and increase the level.
The lobby is recently done as well as the restaurant. But the furniture in the rooms is very old and the bathrooms are ancient, tiled with green tiles from the 70s.
Try to avoid the overpriced restaurant.
10 Euro for a small White Wine Spritzer and over 20 Euro for a Schnitzel is very overpriced even for the airport!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear AustrianVisitor,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. It seems that you were not satisfied with the design and furniture of your room. We have carried out several huge renovations over the past years to fulfill the expectations of modern travelers – and new renovations are already planned. Please ask for our new Superior, Club and Tower rooms upon your next arrival – I am sure you will like them.

We would be pleased to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have been loyal customer of this hotel and nearly every year stayed 1-2 times/year when passing through FRA. We have been happy loyal customers and stayed even when the rates went up and during renovations.

Unfortunately the last two stays have been disaster and I am surprised. I would expect this hotel to try harder now that they have direct competition from the new Hilton that just opened. I can tell you that our last experiences pushed my wife to book the Hilton when she stays in mid February.

My wife stayed mid December. The main problem was that the room was cold, the heating system hardly worked and it took forever till she got the extra blankets. Certainly she did not rest between flights!

We stayed together late December. We received an upgrade to the towers (5th floor) as compensation for the heating issues that my wife had. Based on our experience, it could not be called but a downgrade. We arrived after 8 PM and we wanted to rest for next day transatlantic flight. When we checked into the room, I noticed that it was cold and noisy. I checked the windows and found out that one of them was not closed (and could not be closed). We called and the service guy arrived in 15 minutes. He tried really hard but no luck. So after 9 PM we had to move to another room. Here the toilet flush did not work well and sometimes it took 10+ attempts! It was after 10 PM and we decided to rest instead of wasting our time and wait for repairman! To top it off, next day I got stuck in the elevator. Luckily I was rescued by the speaker inside the elevator.

One problem maybe a co-incidence. What we had is not. Clearly they do not deserve the rating nor the reputation. As I said, I would expect that competition would drive UP the level of service and not DOWN!

Note: I contacted the hotel and they apologized and promised to make our next stay much more pleasant, including better room. I appreciate the proposal but the idea is to have problem free stay and lately Sheraton did not deliver!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank s5351b

Dear s5351b,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I truly apologize because we have not made you feel more comfortable. I will follow up with our Guest Service team to make sure that we deliver the service you expect in the future. Usually we offer very high service standards and I hope you will consider staying at our hotel again.

Dear s5351b, we hope you will give us another chance. We can do much better than that and I am confident that your next stay will be a positive surprise for you.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were here as a stop over to Asia and we were suprised at the hotels amenites and overall service.

Our room was very large and when we enquired about a baby cot we received the cot in minutes of the request (that rarely happens).

The restaurant breakfast was also very good and we'd be happy to recommend this to anyone. The service at the restaurant was very friendly and effecient.

We also had dinner here and we did arrive at about 10.45 pm (restaurant closes at 11 pm) so the meal was a bit of a downer. The pasta dish we had was EXTREMELY oily... however this was the only negative we had for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Kiwi8888,

I appreciate your nice review and I am very happy that you were positively surprised by our amenities and services. Our hotel rooms are indeed very large compared to other hotels in Frankfurt.

Guest satisfaction is one of the main tasks at our hotel and we always try to make our guests feel at home. I will talk to our kitchen team today and will forward your comment in regards to the pasta dish.

Dear Kiwi8888, we would be happy if you would book the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel again for your next trip via Frankfurt.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great hotel chain but we got the worst hallway entrance ever. From the moment u stepped out of the lift we could smell smoke, I had requested a smoke free room but obviously that didn't cover the hallway entrance. It truly stunk. It didn't end there either, the wallpaper was hanging off the wall as we walked towards our room and was taped up with black tape on another. I was dreading seeing our room but luckily for us the room was normal Sheraton standard. More signage is needed for guest coming in on flights as we walked around a bit before we eventually found our way through this very big airport to the Sheraton. Yes, it is only place to stay in transit if you can find it and they fix up those dreadful hallways. All in all pretty ok stay.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking floor inclusive of hallways?