“Convenient if not compelling”

Ranked #35 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
honolulu
“Convenient if not compelling”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Sheraton FRA is a convenient stopover if Frankfurt is not your destination. We've overnighted there several times when connecting with morning flights next day. Not only is the hotel in the airport and readily accessible, it's also close to the Fernbahn if you're connecting by rail. Service is crisp if not overly attentive but his is appropriate for high volume, very transient stay. Internet access and could certainly be better. Bell service, it should be noted, is outstanding, and given the distances involved in this huge import (and large hotel) much appreciated. They will cheerfully haul your gear right through the terminal and all the way to check-in; sadly we were too jet-lagged to remember the name of the gentleman from Morocco who assisted us, but he is a great asset to the hotel and will surely be recognized. This alone will bring us back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear robhnl,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to write a few sentences about your stay.

Thanks for your commendation of our Bell service. Our bellboys know the airport better than anyone else and they can be of great assistance if you are in a hurry. I will gladly share your commending remarks with our entire bellboy team.

We would be happy if you would book the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel again for your next trip via Frankfurt.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I went to that hotel for a meeting, I stayed at room 9049 in the last floor. One night a cockrach went into my nose while I was sleeping, when I called guest service, they sent a technician who told it was a fly, but It wasnt, was a small size cockroach (almost 1 cm). I asked in the middle of the night to get another room and I was assigned to room 9046, in the same floor and almost in front of the previous room!!! Unbelievable, and the man who "helped" me in the moving was stinky and he didnt even helped me with my luggage, I had to carry it all by myself, he only opened the new room. At the next day I talked with the Concierge Manager, but since the Company had already paid for the stay, they could not make any reimbursement so I can move to another hotel. I asked him to change me to another hotel within the same chain of hotels just to be out of that hotel, but he told me that the best thing they could do is to change me to another room. That was his best solution, the hotel rooms do not worth the price, there are cockroaches in the beds, internet is very expensive and conection is not strong, it is sometimes impossible to get connected, solution for clients complaints is unefficient. If you get a cockroach in your bed, they cannot offer any other solution but... changing the room and you will have to pray that cockroaches are room-specific. A complete FAIL.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank norma p
Dear norma p,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel a few days ago.

If I am not mistaken, you had voiced your concern already at the hotel and my crew took care of your complaint in a certain way. Our Housekeeping team checked your room very carefully; we indeed found one small fly but no cockroach. A fly can surely be annoying and we apologize for the inconveniences caused. You can rest assured that at our hotel there is really no risk concerning cockroaches. Our rooms are checked by professional exterminators on a regular basis and we never had an issue before.

We will do our very best to make your next stay a much better experience. We hope that you will give our hotel another try and stay with us again at your next stopover in Frankfurt.

Yours sincerely,

Moscow
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at the Frankfurt Airport Hotel on my first day of arrival to Frankfurt. I should point out the friendliness and high professionalism of all the Reception people (despite the 100% occupancy !!!!) The hotel has so many options (gym, sauna, etc) - that one may even LIVE there (not onlt spend 1 night between the flights). It's a very cosy place. And it was really very silent in the room))

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Olga O,

Thank you very, very much for your detailed and generous feedback. My team will be happy to receive your compliments. Last week, the Light & Building fair took place in Frankfurt and we were booked out several days. I know that this was a busy time for our staff and I thank you for showing your appreciation of their efforts.

I hope you will book our hotel again for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Airport hotels are rarely good......anyone staying there is short on options.....but this one is REALLY bad. It is expensive. After 9pm there is one restaurant open......kind of unbelievable, given it's location. The restaurant is in a gloomy basement room, zero ambience and the food isn't much better - lots of fatty German meat and potatoes and little else. Hallways and rooms are shabby and very dated. Bathrooms are what you might expect at a roadside Motel 6 - right down to the broken, rusty, cheap Wal Mart quality rings on the shower curtains. Dirty tile grout. Ew. On top of all this - they have the audacity to charge 20 Euros for internet access. The other choice is the Hilton - it's less expensive but - how much worse could it be?!? Gentleman at the front desk check in was v pleasant and had the good sense to be embarrassed about the internet charge.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Queenmaya
Dear Queenmaya,

Thank you for your review. I wish you had asked to speak to me during your stay so that we could have discussed your issues together. I am sorry that the room type you had booked was not to your satisfaction. Also your experiences at our restaurant “Taverne” were not positive. That does of course not represent our standards.

I would be happy to personally take care of your next hotel reservation so please get in touch if I can be of assistance to you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2012

At check-in, was told that there was 1/2 hour of 'complimentary' internet from the lobby. Additional time was available for additional charge. Really?? Why not free internet in the rooms or, I don't know, maybe free wifi like almost every decent hotel this century? If it hadn't been so late and I didn't have a 12-hr flight the next day, I would have looked for another place to stay. Rooms were not impressive. Location was convenient for air/train travelers. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank 4fun2go
Dear 4fun2go,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Regrettably, your stay at our hotel provided to be disappointing to you. I am sorry that we did not convince you of our high service standards.

You might be interested to know that Internet is free for guests staying at a Club and Towers rooms and suites. All other guests get a ticket for a 30-minute free use of the Internet.

We hope you will give us another chance at your next trip to Frankfurt.

Kind regards,

Halifax,Nova Scotia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stay here when overnighting in Frankfurt or have long layover.Meets my needs.Rooms spacious and recently updated.Dreary hallways and exterior is very drab.
Always well treated at the front desk.Has new competition now from the recently opened Hilton a few minutes walk away.We checked it out and looks ultra modern.May try that out next time for a change.Would still recommend Sheraton esp if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear heeto,

Thank you very much for spending a night at our hotel during a long layover in Frankfurt.

I am happy to read that our hotel meets your needs. We would be pleased to welcome you again at your next stopover in Frankfurt. It would be great to see you soon again.

With best regards,

Toronto
Reviewed 26 April 2012

this hotel is not quite a 5 star resort. yes, it is adjacent to the airport, but the rooms need to be a little updated, especially the bathrooms, which seem to have tiles and bath tubs from the 80s. it is great as it is close to a supermarket and just across from terminal 1. there are free apples at reception, kind of a nice touch after a long trip. they are efficient for check in, German style. the rest of the staff is also pretty nice, but the consierge desk is not quite as knowledgeable as I would expect in a 5 star.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear ManuelaMarco,

Thank you very much for your review.

The score you gave us is something in between good and bad. I regret that you did not feel entirely at home. Maybe next time you want to book a Superior or Club room to enjoy fresh, new interior for maximum comfort.

We would be pleased if you would stay at our hotel again at your next visit to Frankfurt.

With best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#46 of 268 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!