“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is an airport hotel so you know what to expect. It is huge, very clean and modern, dead quiet and just a few minutes walk via corridors to the Frankfurt Airport. The breakfast buffet is 30 euros if I remember correctly so eat there if you wish or walk over to the airport and have a coffee and breakfast sandwich like a European for a third of that price. The only reason to stay at this hotel is to make it easy to travel but this is not a criticism as it succeeds brilliantly at that goal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Droynick

Your input is highly appreciated and I would like to thank you very much for your kindness. You are right, total convenience awaits our guests at our hotel: you can walk off your flight and walk right through our doors, without ever leaving the Frankfurt International Airport. Our location cannot be beaten!

We would be delighted to see you soon again. Therefore, please include us in your next travel plans.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,235)

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The only reason to stay at this hotel is for a layover at the Frankfurt airport, and honestly, the Hilton is a far better choice. The staff here is quite inefficient. Both times I have stayed, I have had an over 15 minute wait both for check-in and check-out.

The room is well appointed, although once you decide to use the shower, you may as well move out. The water saving shower heads have extremely low flow, and you must flatten yourself against the shower wall to achieve even a rinse of your hair.

The shortcuts taken at this hotel really show and do not lead to a restful experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear EricMCarson,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

You did not really like your stay and I regret that we did not make you feel more at home. I understand that you were not happy with the queue at our reception but would like to assure you that that is not the standard service at our hotel. I am positive that at your next stay you will be served more swiftly.

We will try to locate the room you stayed in and immediately fix the shower. We apologize for the inconveniences caused.

We hope you will give us another chance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

To be honest, what a great hotel for a night spend at the airport! You have everything you need in the hotel, lobby, a coffee place, few restaurants, room service all day, breakfast is really really great!!! They had soya milk for me who doesn't drink milk, I really appreciated that. Staff is great! Smily people, they want to help you. I would recommend that hotel for a night stay at the airport or for anyone who has meeting or conference. Its big and nice, beautiful place, especially for a Sheraton!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Christelle005,

Many, many thanks for stopping by at our hotel! I read your review with great pleasure and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for commending my staff in such a warm and friendly manner. I will gladly let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

We would be delighted to see you soon again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Sheraton FRA is a convenient stopover if Frankfurt is not your destination. We've overnighted there several times when connecting with morning flights next day. Not only is the hotel in the airport and readily accessible, it's also close to the Fernbahn if you're connecting by rail. Service is crisp if not overly attentive but his is appropriate for high volume, very transient stay. Internet access and could certainly be better. Bell service, it should be noted, is outstanding, and given the distances involved in this huge import (and large hotel) much appreciated. They will cheerfully haul your gear right through the terminal and all the way to check-in; sadly we were too jet-lagged to remember the name of the gentleman from Morocco who assisted us, but he is a great asset to the hotel and will surely be recognized. This alone will bring us back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear robhnl,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to write a few sentences about your stay.

Thanks for your commendation of our Bell service. Our bellboys know the airport better than anyone else and they can be of great assistance if you are in a hurry. I will gladly share your commending remarks with our entire bellboy team.

We would be happy if you would book the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel again for your next trip via Frankfurt.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I went to that hotel for a meeting, I stayed at room 9049 in the last floor. One night a cockrach went into my nose while I was sleeping, when I called guest service, they sent a technician who told it was a fly, but It wasnt, was a small size cockroach (almost 1 cm). I asked in the middle of the night to get another room and I was assigned to room 9046, in the same floor and almost in front of the previous room!!! Unbelievable, and the man who "helped" me in the moving was stinky and he didnt even helped me with my luggage, I had to carry it all by myself, he only opened the new room. At the next day I talked with the Concierge Manager, but since the Company had already paid for the stay, they could not make any reimbursement so I can move to another hotel. I asked him to change me to another hotel within the same chain of hotels just to be out of that hotel, but he told me that the best thing they could do is to change me to another room. That was his best solution, the hotel rooms do not worth the price, there are cockroaches in the beds, internet is very expensive and conection is not strong, it is sometimes impossible to get connected, solution for clients complaints is unefficient. If you get a cockroach in your bed, they cannot offer any other solution but... changing the room and you will have to pray that cockroaches are room-specific. A complete FAIL.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank norma p

Dear norma p,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel a few days ago.

If I am not mistaken, you had voiced your concern already at the hotel and my crew took care of your complaint in a certain way. Our Housekeeping team checked your room very carefully; we indeed found one small fly but no cockroach. A fly can surely be annoying and we apologize for the inconveniences caused. You can rest assured that at our hotel there is really no risk concerning cockroaches. Our rooms are checked by professional exterminators on a regular basis and we never had an issue before.

We will do our very best to make your next stay a much better experience. We hope that you will give our hotel another try and stay with us again at your next stopover in Frankfurt.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at the Frankfurt Airport Hotel on my first day of arrival to Frankfurt. I should point out the friendliness and high professionalism of all the Reception people (despite the 100% occupancy !!!!) The hotel has so many options (gym, sauna, etc) - that one may even LIVE there (not onlt spend 1 night between the flights). It's a very cosy place. And it was really very silent in the room))

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Olga O,

Thank you very, very much for your detailed and generous feedback. My team will be happy to receive your compliments. Last week, the Light & Building fair took place in Frankfurt and we were booked out several days. I know that this was a busy time for our staff and I thank you for showing your appreciation of their efforts.

I hope you will book our hotel again for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Airport hotels are rarely good......anyone staying there is short on options.....but this one is REALLY bad. It is expensive. After 9pm there is one restaurant open......kind of unbelievable, given it's location. The restaurant is in a gloomy basement room, zero ambience and the food isn't much better - lots of fatty German meat and potatoes and little else. Hallways and rooms are shabby and very dated. Bathrooms are what you might expect at a roadside Motel 6 - right down to the broken, rusty, cheap Wal Mart quality rings on the shower curtains. Dirty tile grout. Ew. On top of all this - they have the audacity to charge 20 Euros for internet access. The other choice is the Hilton - it's less expensive but - how much worse could it be?!? Gentleman at the front desk check in was v pleasant and had the good sense to be embarrassed about the internet charge.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Queenmaya

Dear Queenmaya,

Thank you for your review. I wish you had asked to speak to me during your stay so that we could have discussed your issues together. I am sorry that the room type you had booked was not to your satisfaction. Also your experiences at our restaurant “Taverne” were not positive. That does of course not represent our standards.

I would be happy to personally take care of your next hotel reservation so please get in touch if I can be of assistance to you.