“An incredible experience”

Ranked #39 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
New York City, New York
“An incredible experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Unfortunately this is the hotel where i stay at the end of my trips. It is the best location - if my flight is not too early I check in (the airport is across the street!), return to my room and either take a snooze, a bath or eat breakfast. Then a leisure walk across the bridge and onto the plane (well, don't forget security). The rooms are clean, bright, big and QUIET. The lounge was perfect and the people as helpful as could be. The breakfasts are perfect and my only worry is not getting back to the plane on time! And in the evening the train to the city is in the lower level of the airport so almost downstairs! It could not be more convenient so well worth the price!

Room Tip: I have yet to be in a bad room. The Tower rooms are easy to get to and very nice although expensive...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Joram H,

Thanks very much for recommending our Hotel and the Club area so nicely. I am happy that you were comfortable during your stay and enjoyed our offer of services. I hope we have convinced you of our high service standards so that we can say “welcome back” to you very soon.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We spent one night in Frankfurt as a stop between Hong Kong and our destination of Toronto. I knew we'd be too tired/jetlagged to venture very far into the city so this Sheraton at the airport was ideal. The staff was great, the room was clean, and the hotel is IN the airport so I couldn't really ask for anything more. I know the Sheraton is pricier than some of the other options around the airport but I thought it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yyzcupcakes
, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear yyzcupcakes,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. We are happy about your report that shows that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a good journey back home to Toronto.

I appreciate your feedback very much and hope you will stay with us again at your next trip to Frankfurt.

Best regards,

Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It runs so smoothly. We make a stop in Frankfurt just so we can spend a night at this hotel and enjoy their Club Lounge. One of the best lounges, we have visited.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear vipse,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing time at our Club lounge.

I hope you had a safe journey home and that you will give us the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Macclesfield UK
Reviewed 9 July 2012

On 6th July, my flight to Frankfurt was late so I missed the connection, due to some kind of problem at the airport. After an hour of chasing to the gate which they closed as I arrived, then all the way back to the Ticket Office which they closed as I arrived, then queued for 45 mins to get a hotel voucher for the Sheraton. As I made my way to the hotel at midnight, I was looking forward to a comfortable night at least.
The queue for check-in was all the way down the long corridor into the hotel, and it took 90 minutes, until 1:30am, to get checked in. There were 7 people working at the checkout when I finally arrived at the front of the queue, but there was still a massive queue behind me. The check-in seemed to take rather a long time. Why couldn't they just take the voucher and give me a room key? The airline had said that dinner and snack were included, but who wants that at 1:30 am?
To add insult to injury, there was a "special breakfast" for the Lufthansa passengers, which was only available until 9:30, and was very basic (boiled egg the only hot food, ran out of orange juice). Plus I was charged €19 for internet access for the morning.
The room was comfortable and quiet, and they did give me a late check-out of 2pm.
But this did not make up for the horrendous queuing. I understand that the situation at the airport was unusual in that many flights were affected by the airport problem, but I think the hotel should have been able to cope better with the situation - it made a bad situation much worse.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GrahamMacclesfieldUK
Dear GrahamMacclesfieldUK,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

You surely had an unpleasant arrival due to the chaos at the airport on July 6th, 2012. We apologize for the waiting time upon check-in but would like to reassure that we tried our best to provide every stranded guest with a room. As you know more than 500 guests came to our hotel at the same time and our reception team was working very hard that night to fulfill everyone’s expectations. As this night was an unplanned and unusual situation we again ask for your understanding.

We hope you will some day drop by again, maybe even book a night before your next flight from Frankfurt.

Global
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had a chance to stay due to problems at Frankfurt Airport. With over 500 guests trying to checkin at midnight, the staff were very polite, pleasant and helpful. I was absolutely amazed at the size of he lobby and all other open spaces. Room was very well appointed and comfortable. The club lounge was very well setup, and again, the staff were very polite and pleasant.
I only had breakfast in the lounge, and the quality was very acceptable. If I had had the chance, i would have checked out the restaurant, maybe next time.

Room Tip: Very convenient to the airport, very comfortable bed, and very spacious.
Dear eng256,

Many thanks for pointing out the positive aspects of your layover at our hotel. We are always at your service to help stranded passengers to get some sleep.

I hope you will soon stay at our hotel again – but next time as a planned layover.

DC
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Spent one night at the hotel this month when I had an overnight layover at the airport. the hotel was less than a 10 minute walk from my arrival and departure gates. The room was very nice, as was the bathroom. It was a bit pricey, but for the convenience of not having to go into town for a better deal for just 12 hours on the ground, it was well worth it. I'd stay there again and recommend to friends.

Dear sas526,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. Our hotel offers so much convenience and most of our guests appreciate that the airport is directly on our doorstep. I am happy that you recommend our hotel to your friends.

We hope you will soon give us the pleasure to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

There are a very few reason that you would want to stay in this hotel; you are attending a conference there, you are doing business close to the airport and only there for a few days, or you don't want the hassle of getting up early in the morning, fighting traffic, trying to return a rental car and catch an early flight. My husband an I fall into the last category.

We had stayed here 3 years ago & at that time I probably would have rated it a 3 or maybe a 4. But this time I have to downgrade the experience. Our room, which I would rate as average to slightly above cost about $300. We spent less during this trip to stay in rooms that could be described as nothing less than stunning.

The hotel is also getting to need some updating. The doors are showing scuff marks from numerous bumps from luggage, The comforter had a small hole in it. The hotel is just looking tired.

And the business center is nothing to get excited about. We wanted to use the PCs to check in and print our boarding pass. There were only a handful of PCs, so we had to wait to get access. The printer would print one page and jam. So to print out boarding pass, I worked the PC while my husband would unjam the printer after every page.

We ate at one of the hotel's restaurants, which had pretty good food, if a little overpriced. But beware of the wine. They didn't seem to have a wine list, and when my husband asked for a bottle of white wine, that was local and reasonably priced, we were never told a price and we got a bottle that was OK, but after looking at our bill cost something around $75. To me a reasonable wine is somewhere on the lower side of $50.

The only reason to stay here is location and I notice that there is now a Hilton in the airport. If the prices are comparable, I think I'll try it next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear JFMMBCanton_Georgia,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stopover at Frankfurt airport. I regret that we did not fulfill your expectations. We will take your points of criticism to heart. We have renovated all Superior, Club and Tower rooms plus all Suites. You may book one of those rooms upon your next visit, I am positive you will like them.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#47 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!