“Never leave the airport!”

Ranked #32 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

A great airport property. The staff is friendly, accommodating, helpful, and professional. You go from gate to the hotel while never leaving the airport. Rooms are clean, modern, and good restaurants. We use this hotel often and are never disappointed. When leaving they take you down to your check in within the airport for easy transfers. Sheraton can be proud of this property and it's well trained and VERY efficient staff! Kudos to both!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank chamonixCalifornia
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear chamonixCalifornia,

Amazing! I am very happy about your commentary. Thank you so much for your warm words. I am indeed very proud of our staff; they do an amazing job every day. I am glad you noticed that!

Will you soon be staying at our hotel again? We look forward to seeing you before long.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,145)

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Staying here now. Great location, Stayed here a few times before. Always very easy to access from the airport, and convenient to go to the town whenever needed.
One problem tonight. It took me 4 calls with >5 min to contact the "One Call for All #9." A bit urgent request, and was quite unpleasant. The operator who took the call was not so friendly.
Anyway, I enjoy the stay of this hotel. Good transit hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear A_SEI,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay. I am sorry that one associate seems not to have been on his or her best behavior. Please accept my apologies for that. I will immediately follow up.

Overall, I am glad that you liked your stay and hope you will return to us soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The lobby looks very nice and modern. The checkin desk was overly fast and not paying attention to detail. I stayed here to experience the new "Crossover Benefits" between my Delta Diamond Status and their Starwook Preferred Guest program. I reading over the program it apears that Starwood Gold and Platinum members get free bags, priority check-in etc. My status with Delta got me nothing. I thought free internet was part of the program, but I was informed that is only for the SPG Gold members and above. I'm not seeing the crossover piece.
My room felt a little dirty and dated. This was confirmed when I found a moldy banana peel and some other garbage in the ice bucket. Apparently that's not on housekeepings checklist.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

Dear Rexah,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

SPG and the Delta SkyMiles program have teamed up to maximize the rewards with both programs. SkyMiles Diamond and Platinum Medallion member receive the following additional SPG benefits — 4 p.m. late checkout, access to the SPG elite check-in line, complimentary in-room Internet access and an upgrade to an enhanced room at check-in, when available. If you are a SkyMiles Diamond and Platinum Medallion member and did not receive these benefits please feel free to contact me at: Sascha.Konter(at)Sheraton.com. I will be happy to further investigate.

I am really sorry for the low-standard housekeeping service you received. I hope you believe me when I say that that was not the typical service we present to our guests. I will have a long chat with our housekeeping team to find out what went wrong on that particular day. I hope the rest of your stay was more satisfying.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel a few times and it is the most convenient location for air and train travel in Frankfurt. Located in the main airport, it is just across the street (within the actual airport complex) from Terminal 1 and the airport shuttle bus for Terminal 2 stops downstairs the building.
The Frankfurt train station (Flughafen Frankfurt am Main) for local, regional and inter-country trains is located in the same building complex, literally around the corner in the same building complex as the Sheraton.
Despite the convenient location at the airport, the hotel rooms are incredibly quiet - virtually impossible to hear any aircraft noise from inside the hotel.
The staff has been consistently professional yet very friendly and helpful.
The restaurants are fairly decent with a good variety of menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rooms have been consistently very clean and comfortable.
This is definitely my location of choice in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Rich R,

Many, many thanks for a) staying at our hotel, b) promising to come back, and c) giving us such a good score. It really is an honor for us to receive such praise. We look forward with pleasure to serving you again.

In the meantime, all the best,

Reviewed 17 June 2013

It is so convenient to reach, near the terminal and supermarket and restaurant. Room is clean and comfortable. I would stay here again for any stopover in Frankfurt. There is one nice reflexy place outside the hotel that you can go if you are really tired.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear FennyG77,

What a wonderful surprise to find your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for writing about your stay. I am happy that you had a nice stay and even enjoyed some relaxing and revitalizing experiences at the Sky Lounge - Massage & Wellness Day Spa, located adjacent to the lobby. The Frankfurt airport is really in a central spot and it is easy to reach many destinations from here.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed here recently for 2 full days (1 night) for a conference. There's no denying it's incredibly convenient to the airport as there's a covered walkway and it's literally across the street. First impressions were good - the hotel was clean and the staff nice enough at the front desk.

I arrived at 9:15am and my room wasn't ready yet. Fair enough, check-in is at 3pm, and they said to come back in a few hours. I went to the small business center to do some work and connected to the wi-fi which worked well. Afterwards I went to the conference for a few hours and around noon went to check-in, where I was told there was a room but only double beds, not a king size. It was only one night so I said that was fine. I'm a Starwood member but I didn't feel that there was much difference with anything during my stay due to this - that doesn't bother me but I know it's a question people ask so I thought I'd mention it.

I went upstairs to my room and I was a little surprised at the size of the double beds, of which there were two. They were actually quite small and I would classify them as singles (only 1 person would be able to sleep comfortably on them). The room itself was good, with a flat screen tv and a small desk in one corner. Fine for 1 person but might have been a little cramped for 2. Then again, this isn't a hotel where you spend a ton of time in the rooms.

I unpacked some things and then checked out the bathroom where unfortunately there was a funny odor and little black hairs sprinkled around the vanity - almost as though a man had shaved his beard there. As my schedule was so packed for those 2 days, I honestly didn't want to bother calling the front desk to report it so I haven't really taken off a star for this - however, it was quite obvious and really should not have been missed by housekeeping.

The other problem during my stay was that the internet would sometimes stop working. I did have to call the front desk a few times about this and they did come and put a separate router in my room but I still had the problem a few times. Essentially the network would not assign a new IP address and this happened to me on 2 phones and a laptop, as well as to some people during the conference. When the internet did work, it was fast but for a business conference center to have this issue is quite disappointing.

Finally, I had a few meals in the hotel and the general quality of the food was quite good, better than I expected. The breakfast was especially good, where the scrambled eggs and bacon were delicious.

I would recommend this hotel and stay here again for business and in general, it is a good hotel. Hopefully the wifi problem was just a fluke while I was there and I'm sure the bathroom issue was just bad luck.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear PszczolkaM,

First of all, thank you for booking our hotel and letting us know about your experiences. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused you. Our housekeeping staff normally does a very good job but it seems that the lavatory slipped someone`s attention. We will certainly take immediate measures so that an occurrence like that will not be repeated.

I hope very much that we will soon get the chance to show you that our internet service is usually working proper. At your next stay we will do our best to make you much happier.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Had booked a business stop over here as flying in late - my flight was delayed so I arrived late and when I found the hotel the check in queue was over >150 people & 200 metres long due to a cancelled flight. If I had not made friends with a helpful young German lady who persuaded staff to let us book in on the executive level I think I may not have got to bed before I was due up to meet an early plane the next morning. I think a check in needs to be kept for already booked customers so they do not have to wait with a whole cancelled plane full of guests suddenly arriving. No one came to ask if I had an earlier reservation I was just expected to stand in line for hours. Once booked in the room was a cool, quiet oasis of comfort in the heat - air conditioning and bed comfort was fabulous - the only thing missing was big comfy bath towels - if I am paying this much I'd like a towel bigger and softer than a hand towel

Dear sarahmary572,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As you already mentioned you arrived during a very busy time – due to a cancelled flight hundreds of stranded passengers came to our hotel at the same time. I can understand that you were annoyed to have to wait upon check-in. We actually have two lines for individual guests and our bellboy usually walks through the lines and tries to locate individual guests. It seems that our bellboy was busy helping other guests. I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Overall it seems that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a good journey home. We would be happy if you would choose our hotel again.