“Stay here for a stress free international flight the next day”

Ranked #35 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The service in the hotel was very good. The room is fine for an overnight. I realize that one is paying for the convenience of being connected to the airport and, most likely, for a less stress-filled flight the next day. For what we paid for a standard room (which was $348 USD with internet access), I believe the rooms need to be updated. This is our third stay at this hotel and the water always drains slowly from the bathroom sink and the tub/shower. I also always feel that the carpet could use a good shampooing in the room and in the hallway. The air conditioning works well and the bed is comfortable, however. The main restaurant is first class...both in quality and in price.

Room Tip: All of the windows are sound-proofed so, in my opinion, the location of the room doesn't matter...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear ToriBarry,

Thank you very much for your review. Good to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is indeed very, very soundproof. All rooms are very quiet and allow guests the much-needed rest after an exhausting journey.

Maybe you want to try one of our newly renovated Superior rooms upon your next stay? I am positive that you will like the fresh and modern design.

We hope you will soon fly via Frankfurt again and honor us with a visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here on a layover. It is directly connected to the airport and was very easy to get to. The hotel is immaculate and has very comfortable beds. The restaurant had very good food. All these good things came at a price; it was pretty expensive. But I ate well, slept even better and made my flight in plenty of time the following day. The only other thing that was a negative was that there weren't enough front desk staff. There were only 2 clerks and a line of at least 20 people waiting to check in. It took me about 30 minutes to get checked in.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear jsl630,

Thank you for staying at our hotel although it was not on your itinerary. But sometimes that is the best way to make new and pleasant experiences. I hope we have shown you that our hotel makes traveling easy and relaxing.

Please accept my apologies for the waiting time upon check-in. I am positive that upon your next stay you will be served much more swiftly.

We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel and enjoyed the good service and pleasant room. I was on the executive level and found all to be in order and no request too small.

The club lounge was ok with a small assortment of light snacks and drinks. The front desk staff was polite and happy to answer questions.

Transportation to the city didn't seem to be a problem with road and rail links close by but I didn't need them.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevators for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear rebelyell,

Many thanks for pointing out the positive aspects of your stay at our hotel. It is a good feeling to see that guests feel at home at our hotel. That is exactly our intention; and I am happy that you gave us such a nice and warm-hearted feedback. We really look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

So I ran an event here recently - the venue was booked before I joined :( The conference space is dark, dingy and dated. The conference staff are awful - that god I have a good team. The conference manager was good but severely let down by his team. And everything is a question of £££'s. Bottle of water 20Euros, Want to do this 'sure that's fine but you have to pay XXEuros...' everything is a money making opportunity to them to the extent where even the basic expectations and service levels become a negotiation and bartering exercise - this is BASIC service!! Another Sheraton experience that makes me wonder what on earth that brand is doing putting their name to these second rate hotels. I certainly won't use Sheraton anytime soon.

The good points, you can walk into the hotel from the terminal. Reception is big and light and the rooms are pretty good with nice bathrooms. The tower has a nice Executive Lounge with great staff. The food is not half bad.

so if you are staying overnight before flying off somewhere you'll get what you need. if you are thinking of running an event - don't touch with a bargepole :)

Room Tip: ask for the tower :)

Dear K8Chappers,

Thank you for your review. I wish you had asked to speak to me during your stay so that we could have discussed your issues together. Your main concern is based on the extra costs for your conference that in your opinion did not reflect the level of service that you had expected. I am sorry that we gave you such a bad impression as we are well-known for a top conference area. I would be happy to personally take care of your next conference so please get in touch if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed on executive (or concierge)-level floor on a recent business trip when I was just passing through the airport/city. The hotel is connected to the airport, a 10-20 min walk away from most parts of the airport. The price was high, but given the location, rather expected. The rooms were clean and comfortable; internet access (WiFi) good. The executive-level floors were removed from the general commotion of the hotel; the lounge was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear bishopje,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. The Club floor, where you stayed at, gives guests the benefit of larger rooms, free Internet, free use of the exclusive lounge, free breakfast buffet and free use of the Club fitness center and sauna. I am glad that you had a good time and hope you will soon book your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference and it was OK. The hotel is easily accessible from the airport (direct access from terminal 2) so it is great for a stop over.

The rooms are pretty nice and spacious and the hotel does have a few options to eat and drink but the issue is that it is near the airport and not the city so there really isn't that much to do. It is about 15 minutes into the city by cab. One thing which pleasantly surprised me is that the hotel is so well insulated that you do not hear noise from the planes which is great!

There is not outdoor space at all, other than the carparks which is a shame.

The service is ok, the staff are not particularly friendly or helpful though. No complaints about the food - I mainly had room service and conference food, but it was very good.

I wouldn't stay in this hotel other than for a conference but it is perfectly acceptable

Room Tip: I had a room on the 9th floor which was fine

Dear sarahlew,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel during a conference.

You said there isn´t much to do at Frankfurt airport. I live in the hotel myself during the week and I do not share your opinion. Each month at Frankfurt Airport there are new, attractive shopping specials to discover, from sales promotions across culinary highlights to a wide range of theme weeks. From the Visitors' Terrace in Terminal 2 you can get a fascinating view of the Frankfurt Airport. You can experience Airport Sightseeing Tours and enjoy a close-up view of aircraft landing and taking off, now including breathtaking views of the Airbus A380.
And if that is not enough, it takes only 20 minutes from the Airport to the city center by public transportation. And from here, it is only a few minutes on foot to the historic city center, the most important sights, one of the world's biggest trade fair areas or the financial district.

I hope you will stay at our hotel again someday as we would like to show you that our location has much to offer.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

For a Hotel that is mainly intended for stopovers, delays etc. It is pretty good. Hotel rooms are roomy and well decorated especially in the club tower. Internet is not too strong but sufficient for overnight. The club lounge is just ok.
If your layover is lengthy you can access the railway system that runs under the Hotel that can take you the Frankfurt city center.
Overall not a bad place to stopover for a layover while you wait for your next flight.

Room Tip: Better if you get a Club room but very costly
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Salomon M,

Thank you for your comments. I am surprised to read that you find our Club Lounge “just ok”. Normally we get really positive feedback as our Lounge is one of the best in Frankfurt. In a modern setting, guests can adjourn to the Lounge, work, enjoy excellent food, or simply refresh. I am positive that at your next stay we will convince you of our exclusive Lounge.

Thank you very much and please come back soon.