“Thanks for the extremely friendly staff !”

Ranked #37 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Cairo, Egypt
“Thanks for the extremely friendly staff !”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really Sheraton Frankfurt Flughafen has a fantastic location , it was a marvelous location for me as a businessman healing from an orthopedic operation !, everything close , the DB station , the limousine , taxes .... the spa and Gym are is also very good , the staff in the reception are really very very friendly , only 2 negatives the first is the old design of the room , last time i stayed a year ago for 2 nights it was much better than today it was in towers section , i stayed 6 nights this time the bathroom looks very old really remember me by sheraton Cairo in the 80s and the second was the internet charge in the room . i hope they can renew the old rooms to benefit from this fantastic location . Thanks for the extremely friendly staff !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear KimoGhoneim,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. We are happy about your report that shows that you enjoyed your stay.

A hotel can only be as good as its staff and I very much appreciate that you emphasize the friendliness of our hotel team. Thank you for showing your appreciation of our efforts. A feedback like yours is always a great motivation for us and I will make sure that it will be shared with all our staff.

I hope you will book our hotel again for your next visit to Frankfurt. We would love to see you soon again.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 November 2013

For context, I spend at least 10 weeks a year staying in hotels around the world for business and pleasure. Anything from a travel lodge to a 5* Grand Hyatt.

Let me cut to the chase, this is the worst hotel I have stayed in, certainly for the past couple of years. Think about how nasty a stereotypical airpot hotel could be, and this is it. Multiplied by 10.

I usually stay at the Steinburger (7 nights so far this year) so thought it was time for a change. Big Mistake. Check in took ages with a massive queue and not enough staff. The hotel corridors feel like a failing NHS hospital, but beige. When I got into the room it was hotter then the sun, dirty beige, incredibly dated, the TV didn't work and the aircon controller was hanging onto the wall by its finger tips. Thankfully a very pleasant maintenance man did come and fix the TV and air con, although it took a good few hours to cool the room down! Don't touch the mini bar, unless your millionaire, I had the worlds most expensive orange juice and Twix from it. almost £8.70 for the pair. Outrageous. This is the closest I have ever got to requesting a new room, in fact new hotel!

Breakfast was a good spread, although watch out for the sausages, I think they have your annual allowance for salt in them. Check out was even more painful then check in, and then the cab we ordered at check in wasn't there. Bit of a mission to find a taxi to replace it, they send you down into the basement and into what feels like a maze, no signs to point you in the right direction - for reference they are hidden back left when you go out the door behind the concrete support.

I was supposed to be staying here next week, but thankfully I've managed to cancel and swap back to the Steinburger.

Room Tip: How to choose a good room? Go to the Steinburger and ask for a Superior room, or one in the Executiv...
Dear Paul-Windsor,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your recent experiences from your last stay at our hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. We are currently taking steps to ensure an appropriate solution to what you have mentioned. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and as I have mentioned before, take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future

atlanta
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a very large modern airport hotel. It is impersonal, with seemingly endless people moving about. However, the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed . It is extremely convenient since it is in walking distance from terminal 1 and easily accessed from terminal 2. One negative is there is a charge for internet in your room, although there is free internet in the lobby. Another negative is there can be a very, very long line to check in. However, if you are an spg member, you can go to the ninth floor to check in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear RFSAtlanta,

Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you overall had a relaxing stay at our hotel and could continue your journey refreshed and well rested.

We grant free internet use for every guest at our lobby area. For internet usage in the room we offer packages for one hour, three hours or an entire stay. The prices are reasonable compared to our competitors. Guests staying at the Club floor or in a suite can use the internet for free.

We would be very happy if you would give us the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Sheraton before and had decently modern rooms. This time was like stepping back in time. I am shocked that this is a Sheraton and I am paying this much for one night. I might as well be staying at the Holiday Inn Express for half the price. Service at desk was friendly. Spoke ok English. His German was actually worse so I had to switch to English. But friendly. Wifi is overpriced (would have been free at holiday inn express).
I'm used to 4-5 stars. So it's fair to rank this 2-3 stars for the room.
I don't think anyone had stayed in my room for months. All of the furniture, tv, remote, desk, was coated in a thin layer of dust.
Bathroom looked like a cheap German motel from the late 1980's. Green tile, dated fixtures. I will post the pics.
Proximity to airport is what allows the Sheraton to get away with this.
Next time I will try the brand new Hilton that is right next door.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chasbear
Dear Chasbear,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Frankfurt. Your stay was unfortunately not as relaxing as expected, and I regret that we did not make you more comfortable. Our housekeeping staff normally does a very good job, but it seems that your room slipped someone`s attention. I will immediately follow up on this important issue.

Our hotel first opened its door in 1975 but has since then undergone several huge modernizations. All our Superior, Club and Tower rooms have been refreshed and we just finished the renovation of our boardrooms a month ago. We will surely never stop renovating this big building but simply cannot update the entire hotel every few years.

We hope you will give us a new chance and will do our best to make your next stay much more comfortable.

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very convenient and the room are nice and wide.
The connection w/ the terminal is easy and a direct path.
Good restaurant and also a good fitness center.
Clean and safe place.
I was traveling for business and had a connection in the next day, so the hotel was very good for my purpose.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Marcos M,

I would like to thank you very much for staying at our hotel. I appreciate the time you took to write a few sentences about your stay. I hope the distance between Frankfurt and Rio de Janeiro is not too much for you to travel soon because we would be very happy to have you staying with us before long.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is very convenient, the rooms are modern and reasonably nice, but I almost had a hard attack when I checked out. 6 Euro and 50 cents for a small bottle of water from the minibar is modern high street robbery and reason enough to never stay there again.

Dear Thomas443,

Thank you for booking our hotel and posting your review.

I am sorry that you considered our hotel as a rip-off. Our price list is distinctly and visibly located near the minibar. I wonder why you did not have a look first. Beside the minibar issue you seem to have enjoyed your stay.

I hope you will stay at our hotel again. If you like, you may contact our Concierge Department upon your next stay; they will gladly guide you to the next supermarket at the airport.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

For travelers who will be staying overnight in Frankfurt to catch a morning flight, this hotel couldn't be more convenient. It's a short walk from Terminal 1 (be sure to exit on the second floor to go across the footbridge), and the lobby, rooms, and general condition were very nice.

The room was modern and updated, as was the bathroom.

On arrival to the lobby, there was a rather long line to checkin, but since I was an SPG member, I had access to the SPG checkin desk on the 9th floor, which was very convenient. If you are an SPG member, be sure to ask about this because it may save a lot of time, even if you're not staying on the club level.

Room Tip: SPG Guests can check in at the SPG desk on the 9th floor, but you'll need assistance getting the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear TexanTraveler46,

It was a pleasure for us that you stayed at our hotel. Thank you for your positive words and for recommending our private reception on the 9th floor. That is really an insider tip and I am glad you mentioned that.

Since you are a frequent SPG traveler I hope you will soon stay at our hotel again.

Kind regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#40 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!