“Perfect location, not much else”

Ranked #31 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

If you need to spend the night for an early morning connection as we did, it's wonderful. All indoors and connected to the airport direct, ease of use just begins to relate how well that functions. Staff merely OK, but surprisingly, room service at 23.30 was was good & reasonable value, very courteous and the nicest staff encountered. Morning breakfast room service prices are best described as outrageous, we passed, but be aware that Terminal 1 food options very limited (we did not know this, Terminal 2 is loaded, however). SPG recognition basically non-existent, standard room dreary & spartan. Sheraton as the seemingly forgotten brand at SPG has been getting an excellent renovation where it has been done, but they have not gotten around to this one. We would stay here again, only because it is so convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear redanman,

Thank you for giving us your opinion of your recent stay at our hotel. I agree that the connectivity to the airport is extremely convenient, just a short walk to the terminal. I regret that we did not meet all your expectations regarding the hotel product. Our hotel has undergone various renovations since its opening 1975, both in visible locations and infrastructure. We have recently finished renovations in our Banqueting area as well as our Superior-, Club- and Towers rooms and will continue to update the hotel every year.

Thank you for your great feedback regarding the Room Service Team. Please rest assured that I will pass your comments to the team. They do a great job and give their best to make everyone feel at home.

We would be very happy to be your host again at your next trip through Frankfurt.

Kind regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,195)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

A "real" airport hotel is for me a hotel connected to the terminal without the need to take a shuttle bus or taxi. This Sheraton ticks that box. Nice, spacious rooms. Good fitness room. Hotels should really stop charging for WiFi. EUR9.00 wasn't too bad but...
Room prices seem to have down a bit as well with the new Hilton and Hampton Inn hotels next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Meier_st,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing time. It is so much easier to walk over from the airport and check in minutes after your flight has landed than to make a weary travel downtown when you are jet-lagged and just want to rest.

I appreciate your feedback very much and hope you will stay with us again at your next trip to Frankfurt.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel was very convenient for the Airport , although we did take a while to figure out how to find it from Arriving in Terminal 2 . I called the courtesy phone and the Hotel receptionist told us it was attached to the terminal , but not which one - To be fair we had arrived on a late flight and the Skyline was out of order - on the way back it was literally 5 minutes on the Skytrain -, easy when you know how.
. The Staff at check in we're very pleasant. The room was ok , no Broadband which is a big minus - and the bathroom was tired.. More on that in a minute ...

Breakfast was very good , with lots of choice and friendly staff. We didn't eat at the hotel , 30 Euros for 2 drinks was enough to put us off .

On the second night , I decided to run a bath - the mixer tap broke in my hand resulting in a full on flow of hot water. I rang maintenance who arrived quickly. He managed to reduce the flow enough to stop the risk of a flood - but he couldn't stop the water running.
I was told there were no other rooms available and by this time is was after 2 am . I had no choice but to go to bed but still did not get any sleep due to the noise and could not have a shower before leaving early that morning for business meetings.
Returning that evening , I went to reception to ask if it had been sorted and was told I was to get a different room because the bathroom could not be used .
I had to go to my old room and retrieve my bags myself and then find the new room which was a copy of the last one.
I'm not one to complain generally but I did expect perhaps an upgraded room, or a drinks voucher or something to acknowledge the fact that I had paid 5* prices for a room I could not even sleep or get washed in. The staff were all very pleasant- but I will not be back .

2  Thank Travis2802

Dear Travis2802,

Thank you for letting us know about your experiences. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our service.

We deeply regret your disappointments and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. We will have a profound look into everything you mentioned and especially the points of customer services as well as maintenance issues.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you our professionalism on any upcoming visit to Frankfurt. Please feel free to contact me directly, so that I can take personal care. We look forward to seeing you again and will do our very best to turn your stay into a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really Sheraton Frankfurt Flughafen has a fantastic location , it was a marvelous location for me as a businessman healing from an orthopedic operation !, everything close , the DB station , the limousine , taxes .... the spa and Gym are is also very good , the staff in the reception are really very very friendly , only 2 negatives the first is the old design of the room , last time i stayed a year ago for 2 nights it was much better than today it was in towers section , i stayed 6 nights this time the bathroom looks very old really remember me by sheraton Cairo in the 80s and the second was the internet charge in the room . i hope they can renew the old rooms to benefit from this fantastic location . Thanks for the extremely friendly staff !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear KimoGhoneim,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. We are happy about your report that shows that you enjoyed your stay.

A hotel can only be as good as its staff and I very much appreciate that you emphasize the friendliness of our hotel team. Thank you for showing your appreciation of our efforts. A feedback like yours is always a great motivation for us and I will make sure that it will be shared with all our staff.

I hope you will book our hotel again for your next visit to Frankfurt. We would love to see you soon again.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

For context, I spend at least 10 weeks a year staying in hotels around the world for business and pleasure. Anything from a travel lodge to a 5* Grand Hyatt.

Let me cut to the chase, this is the worst hotel I have stayed in, certainly for the past couple of years. Think about how nasty a stereotypical airpot hotel could be, and this is it. Multiplied by 10.

I usually stay at the Steinburger (7 nights so far this year) so thought it was time for a change. Big Mistake. Check in took ages with a massive queue and not enough staff. The hotel corridors feel like a failing NHS hospital, but beige. When I got into the room it was hotter then the sun, dirty beige, incredibly dated, the TV didn't work and the aircon controller was hanging onto the wall by its finger tips. Thankfully a very pleasant maintenance man did come and fix the TV and air con, although it took a good few hours to cool the room down! Don't touch the mini bar, unless your millionaire, I had the worlds most expensive orange juice and Twix from it. almost £8.70 for the pair. Outrageous. This is the closest I have ever got to requesting a new room, in fact new hotel!

Breakfast was a good spread, although watch out for the sausages, I think they have your annual allowance for salt in them. Check out was even more painful then check in, and then the cab we ordered at check in wasn't there. Bit of a mission to find a taxi to replace it, they send you down into the basement and into what feels like a maze, no signs to point you in the right direction - for reference they are hidden back left when you go out the door behind the concrete support.

I was supposed to be staying here next week, but thankfully I've managed to cancel and swap back to the Steinburger.

Room Tip: How to choose a good room? Go to the Steinburger and ask for a Superior room, or one in the Executiv...

Dear Paul-Windsor,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your recent experiences from your last stay at our hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. We are currently taking steps to ensure an appropriate solution to what you have mentioned. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and as I have mentioned before, take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a very large modern airport hotel. It is impersonal, with seemingly endless people moving about. However, the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed . It is extremely convenient since it is in walking distance from terminal 1 and easily accessed from terminal 2. One negative is there is a charge for internet in your room, although there is free internet in the lobby. Another negative is there can be a very, very long line to check in. However, if you are an spg member, you can go to the ninth floor to check in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear RFSAtlanta,

Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you overall had a relaxing stay at our hotel and could continue your journey refreshed and well rested.

We grant free internet use for every guest at our lobby area. For internet usage in the room we offer packages for one hour, three hours or an entire stay. The prices are reasonable compared to our competitors. Guests staying at the Club floor or in a suite can use the internet for free.

We would be very happy if you would give us the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Sheraton before and had decently modern rooms. This time was like stepping back in time. I am shocked that this is a Sheraton and I am paying this much for one night. I might as well be staying at the Holiday Inn Express for half the price. Service at desk was friendly. Spoke ok English. His German was actually worse so I had to switch to English. But friendly. Wifi is overpriced (would have been free at holiday inn express).
I'm used to 4-5 stars. So it's fair to rank this 2-3 stars for the room.
I don't think anyone had stayed in my room for months. All of the furniture, tv, remote, desk, was coated in a thin layer of dust.
Bathroom looked like a cheap German motel from the late 1980's. Green tile, dated fixtures. I will post the pics.
Proximity to airport is what allows the Sheraton to get away with this.
Next time I will try the brand new Hilton that is right next door.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chasbear

Dear Chasbear,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Frankfurt. Your stay was unfortunately not as relaxing as expected, and I regret that we did not make you more comfortable. Our housekeeping staff normally does a very good job, but it seems that your room slipped someone`s attention. I will immediately follow up on this important issue.

Our hotel first opened its door in 1975 but has since then undergone several huge modernizations. All our Superior, Club and Tower rooms have been refreshed and we just finished the renovation of our boardrooms a month ago. We will surely never stop renovating this big building but simply cannot update the entire hotel every few years.

We hope you will give us a new chance and will do our best to make your next stay much more comfortable.