The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport is one of the worst airport hotels we’ve stayed in. It’s hard to imagine so much going wrong in a mere 13 hours. The problems began with check-in. The lines were long, the front desk was understaffed and they did not honor my SPG Gold status for an upgrade (despite claiming they did). It was clear when we got to our quarters that we had a real “dog” of a room – our tiny accommodations were certainly not the superior room pictured on the hotel web site, plus ours was facing the interior just a few feet above the air conditioning duct work.
We figured that for a quick overnight it would be good enough and was not worth making an issue. But I had to draw the line at the broken bedside lamp, and by broken I don’t mean the light bulb was broken (that was the case with one of the lamps) – by broken I mean the other lamp was broken at the base so that when we moved it away from the wall where it was propped up, it just collapsed. We sure were not going to try turning it on and risking an electrical fire. My attempts to call guest services were to no avail since the line just rang busy. I was forced to go downstairs to talk to the front desk but instead of helping me, the woman who had checked us in waved another person over and ignored me. At that point, I insisted on talking to the front office manager, who appeared to take serous note of the problems. He offered us access to the Executive Club after dinner while Engineering replaced the one lamp and light bulb of the other lamp. Unfortunately, the Club is locked, our room key did not open the glass door and when we rang the bell the Club attendant just ignored us.
Feeling like we were caught trying to crash, we just retreated to our room. The lamps had been fixed and then we discovered that the toilet did not flush. We resolved to just get through the next several hours until flight time but then we did not anticipate that we would also be provided with old pillows that were so threadbare and flat that it was like sleeping without a pillow. So, we did not get much sleep on top of everything else.
At check-out, I recounted our problems and the startled (but concerned) gentleman called over the Guest Services Manager to hear the details of our problems. He took copious notes and shook his head at the lengthening list of problems over so short a period of time. Yet, surprisingly, instead of saying “Let us pick up your dinner from last night” or “Let us make an adjustment to your room rate considering the problems”, he offered nothing. So we paid for our overpriced room and left. I guess the Manager thought the better of it after the fact because when I got home there was an email apologizing and offering some bonus points in my SPG account. While I appreciate that even a belated effort was made to apologize, it was too little, too late and the wrong gesture.
We will never stay here again, especially not with the much newer Hilton also connected to the train station/Terminal 1. And as an SPG elite member, that’s saying a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, upscale hotel at the top location of Frankfurt International Airport This well-established first class hotel has a perfect location: right at Frankfurt International Airport with connection to the freeways A3 and A5, long-distance and regional railway stations as well as suburban train station. The hotel in Frankfurt offers 1008 comfortable rooms and suites, the exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge, two restaurants, one cafe, two bars, two fitness centers and business center. Meetings, conferences, conventions or galas find the ideal framework and the best possible service at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. 60 Banquet and meeting rooms are available for meetings of all types and sizes. Events from two to 1200 persons are organized with style and innovation to turn every occasion into a special event. The event center SkyLoft impresses with its refined concept of space on two floors, with avant-garde interior design and innovative conference technology. It has never been easier to meet with colleagues, friends and family. The restaurants Flavors and Taverne provide lavish comfort. Specialties from around the world but also regional delicacies are offered on the menus. At the bars Lemons & Limes or Davidoff Lounge, guests can let the evening fade away in a relaxed atmosphere. And in the cafe The Glass House, one can enjoy snacks and drinks during the day while watching the hustle and bustle of the lively lobby. Here is the central meeting point of the hotel - a place of global encounters. Sports buffs will feel at home at the Sheraton Fitness gym. In this modern fitness area (400 m²), equipped with the latest cardio equipment, training is fun and adds variety to the everyday life. Sauna, steam bath, massage facilities and a hairdresser top off the hotel's wellness facilities. Parking available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel Frankfurt
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel
- Frankfurt Sheraton