Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
US$129
US$123
  • Room Service
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$88
Manhattan Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$113
  • Breakfast included
NH Frankfurt Niederrad(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$64
4,312 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportsports barcigar loungeclub rooman early flightbetween flightsbusiness centerconvenient locationsalemdavidoffavtoconveniencecostasspgtraingermanyplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After a 20 minute wait to check in (yes, in the year 2014), we went to our room which clearly hadn't been updated in 25 years. The old carpet had a stain, the fixtures in the bathroom were loose and dangled; the area where you can sit a bag or clothes were stained. And the room looked downright dingy. I was tired enough where I could tolerate all that, knowing it was only a 1 night stay, and I would probably never stay there again. But here was the amazing part. The TOILET WOULDN'T FLUSH!! It was after 2am at this point, and after I went to the bathroom and couldn't flush, all further uses of the toilet required using an unflushed toilet. It was a foul, horrible experience. Upon complaining to the hotel, I was offered 1) a lecture about how I should have complained at 2am rather than in the morning and 2) a handful of Starwood points. Yeah right: it took 30 minutes to get through to room service, do you think I would wait at 2am to get a toilet fixed? and 2) They can keep their Starwood points. I don't think I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Maybe try the Hilton at the Airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farouk l
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear farouk l,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We very much regret that your recent stay at our hotel was an unsatisfactory one. Please accept my sincere apologies and allow me to follow up on this important matter. I have contacted you via the message function to get more information and to start an immediate investigation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is my sincere hope that you will give us the opportunity to be at your service again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed over last weekend, with my son and a couple of busienss firends, and guess what?
Like always, i felt as if i came back home!
The setting at club floor is so nice that i would like to go back again and again, proximity to airport and long distance trains is so very convinient that you dont feel like staying at airport hotel!
I dont know about rest of the hotel but club floor level is exceptionally great!

Room Tip: Any room at Club floor level - i dont know about other floors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NaveenJain65
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear NaveenJain65,

Many thanks for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Frankfurt and for the great review and rating here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to see that you were very happy with your entire stay and that you have had time to enjoy our Sheraton Club level. We love the notion that we give travelers the feeling of being at home at our hotel. That nicely sums up our main goal of making our guests happy.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback; we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I really appreciated the great service offered by the Spanish and (presumed) Italian gentlemen who welcomed us to the restaurant at Sheraton Frankfurt. They were both courteous and forthcoming and we were served dinner even after hours on account of the former - and that's great! But the restaurant made an even better impression the next morning when we woke up to a marvelous breakfast (a first in Germany for me...) the likes of which I have honestly travelled far to see. I was very impressed by the lay-out, the variety and freshness of it all. And also very impressed by the second gentleman (the preumed Italian) who welcomed us and made our stay even pleasant. Cudos! (The dreadful Frankfurt Airport is about the last place on earth I'd wish to spend the night. The incompetence metred out to travellers there is simply daunting). I was not overly impressed by Sheraton, I must say, in other ways, other than the distance from the check-in counter - which is why I am glad I had this chance of saying something nice. Senhores, you and other staff in the restaurant saved Frankfurt Airport (and Sheraton by association) from my eternal curses. I think you should have a raise just for that!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kjetil W

Dear kjetilwathne,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experiences with us. It is a great compliment to our team that your expectations of our hotel were met and even exceeded with regards to our restaurant team. Your encouraging compliments are certainly appreciated and will be passed on to them.

We truly hope your travels will bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future. It will be our pleasure to be your host again!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you need a hotel at Frankfurt airport so far no place is more convenient than the Sheraton. Just up the escalators from the departure hall and you're there. Unfortunately the lack of competition seems to have translated into lack of concern for updating the rooms and infrastructure. Rooms in the tower section tend to be better but regular rooms look more like 4- or even 3-star accommodations (at least the showers have been updated). Wifi coverage is terrible. Several restaurants are on premise but the quality varies and you may be better off with just getting something across at the airport. For a better, if slightly less convenient stay, I still prefer the Steigenberger. A new Hilton is supposed to open soon, let see if that prompts the needed updates at the Sharaton.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower section
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Busydays,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other travelers your recent experiences at our hotel. We are very happy to read that you could benefit from our convenient location at Frankfurt airport. Most guests appreciate that the airport is directly on our doorstep.

We regret that we did not fulfill your expectations in regards to our room design. We regularly carry out various renovations and have more projects in the pipeline. Furthermore, we noted your comments about our restaurants. Although you did not give details of what exactly went wrong, please rest assured that we will look into the matter.

We thank you for including us in your traveling plans and it is our sincerest hope that you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport hotel for 2 nights. It is very conveniently located and connected to the airport terminal. Large hotel! Extremely friendly bell staff, Ali (?) brought us refreshing vitamin drinks, and he brought tea for my friend as he noticed she had a cold.
the entire bell staff was very friendly and welcoming
The room was large and comfortable. The only downfall was that I found that my bathroom had very poor lighting, and for a U.S. hotel chain it would have been nice if the shower had a curtain. Instead it had a glass wall that only extended to 1/2 of tub length. This meant that most of the time I was freezing in the shower while bathing (even with hot water), plus I had to be careful not to get water all over the bathroom.
View from the room? Mine was not very nice - overlooking a busy road, but my co-worker had a room overlooking the airport and airplanes - very pretty!
The hotel claims to have free Wi-Fi in the lobby, but you would need to pay for it in the guest rooms. It was completely hit or miss. One morning I had full internet in my room, but most days I was only able to imessage, this includes in the lobby. There are desk top computers available for guest use at no charge in the lobby and these worked fine.
Upon check out they wanted to charge me Euro 30+ for mini bar use. I never touched anything in the mini bar! The front desk clerk had to make several phone calls before the charge was reversed.
Overall a pleasant stay in a very conveniently located hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the airport!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Trac4
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Trac4,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our hotel, as well as the design of our guestrooms. We would like you to know that your kind comments made our bellboy team very happy. By the way, did you know that you can request a room with airport view during the reservation process? If we know your preferences we will try our best to block your preferred room prior arrival.

Please accept our apologies for the inconsistencies in our internet connectivity you encountered while staying with us. We are currently working on a project to improve the WIFI connectivity throughout the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your feedback; we hope we can be your host at Frankfurt Airport again soon.