“Colossal airport hotel. Very convenient and very boring.”

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This Sheraton is huge. Its location, directly connected to T1 of FRA makes this a very convenient hotel for the business traveller. The rooms are very quiet thanks to two sets of double glassed window panes, and the black out curtains very effective. This is exactly what the jet lagged business traveller needs and expects. The rooms are a little bit outdated, and the furniture and bathrooms could do with some upgrades. Plenty of power outlets, good wifi, lots of bars and restaurants. All in all, an average airport hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Peter J,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay here at our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our hotel, as well as our restaurants and bars and soundproofing system. Once you are inside the hotel, you do not feel at all like being at one of the world`s busiest airports.

We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you again to the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel!

Best regards,

Ralf Stresing

Write a ReviewReviews (4,236)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Liked
Clean rooms
Efficient and friendly staff
Business Center had free internet and printing
Plenty of tables for meetings
They accommodated my early checkin request
Plenty of bakeries nearby

1Disliked
Little food options for vegetarians
Breakfast was too expensive Eur 30

Room Tip: Connected to Airport and Railway Station..fantastic

Dear AnilBhatta,

Thank you very much for your gracious feedback and commendation of our hotel.

We are delighted to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our associates took good care of you. I have shared your comments with the team and they are very happy to hear about their great service.

Regarding your comments on our food options for vegetarians, our Director of Food & Beverage has been informed and he will look into the matter.

Thank you once again for staying with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here on an impulse as I had a 13 hour overnight wait in Frankfurt airport. The room was fine, definitely spacious, and clean enough. The check in was quick and efficient. My four main complaints are: the toilet in my room didn't flush. I reported this to the front desk, and the response from the desk was to offer to not charge me for the beer from the minibar. The room was cold. I tried increasing the thermostat, but it didn't work. I was subscribed to some spam email list without being asked explicitly if I wanted to be subscribed. Finally, the wifi was free in the lobby, but not in the rooms. In the rooms there is a €9.00 surcharge. I can't understand why they don't just add the €9.00 onto the cost of the basic room. Given the location I would have stayed there even if it were €10 more expensive. The 2 rating is for the broken toilet and the high cost.

Dear spectei,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We were concerned to read about the broken toilet flush in your room. It seems that your room was not up to standards and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. Our Engineering Department has already repaired the broken flush as well as the Air Condition thermostat. Once again, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention; your feedback is of great value for us in order to monitor and adapt our services. We truly hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future to show you the true Sheraton hospitality, that we are known for.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels while traveling, they check you in quickly and are extremely helpful if you have questions. The facility is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The train station is a short walk if you want to head to the city or you can stay in and enjoy the hotels restaurants or even walk to the airport for a variety of food or markets.

I travel through here allot because I know they do it best, this is my center hub for EU business as you can fly or take the train to anywhere.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tmengel

Dear Tmengel,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Frankfurt and for recommending us to other travelers on Tripadvisor.

Your compliments on cleanliness and location of our hotel as well as your kind words on our team members are much appreciated. We are honored to be “one of your favorite hotels” and we hope your travels will lead you through Frankfurt again in the near future. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel!

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

After a 20 minute wait to check in (yes, in the year 2014), we went to our room which clearly hadn't been updated in 25 years. The old carpet had a stain, the fixtures in the bathroom were loose and dangled; the area where you can sit a bag or clothes were stained. And the room looked downright dingy. I was tired enough where I could tolerate all that, knowing it was only a 1 night stay, and I would probably never stay there again. But here was the amazing part. The TOILET WOULDN'T FLUSH!! It was after 2am at this point, and after I went to the bathroom and couldn't flush, all further uses of the toilet required using an unflushed toilet. It was a foul, horrible experience. Upon complaining to the hotel, I was offered 1) a lecture about how I should have complained at 2am rather than in the morning and 2) a handful of Starwood points. Yeah right: it took 30 minutes to get through to room service, do you think I would wait at 2am to get a toilet fixed? and 2) They can keep their Starwood points. I don't think I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Maybe try the Hilton at the Airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farouk l
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear farouk l,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We very much regret that your recent stay at our hotel was an unsatisfactory one. Please accept my sincere apologies and allow me to follow up on this important matter. I have contacted you via the message function to get more information and to start an immediate investigation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is my sincere hope that you will give us the opportunity to be at your service again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed over last weekend, with my son and a couple of busienss firends, and guess what?
Like always, i felt as if i came back home!
The setting at club floor is so nice that i would like to go back again and again, proximity to airport and long distance trains is so very convinient that you dont feel like staying at airport hotel!
I dont know about rest of the hotel but club floor level is exceptionally great!

Room Tip: Any room at Club floor level - i dont know about other floors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NaveenJain65
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear NaveenJain65,

Many thanks for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Frankfurt and for the great review and rating here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to see that you were very happy with your entire stay and that you have had time to enjoy our Sheraton Club level. We love the notion that we give travelers the feeling of being at home at our hotel. That nicely sums up our main goal of making our guests happy.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback; we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I really appreciated the great service offered by the Spanish and (presumed) Italian gentlemen who welcomed us to the restaurant at Sheraton Frankfurt. They were both courteous and forthcoming and we were served dinner even after hours on account of the former - and that's great! But the restaurant made an even better impression the next morning when we woke up to a marvelous breakfast (a first in Germany for me...) the likes of which I have honestly travelled far to see. I was very impressed by the lay-out, the variety and freshness of it all. And also very impressed by the second gentleman (the preumed Italian) who welcomed us and made our stay even pleasant. Cudos! (The dreadful Frankfurt Airport is about the last place on earth I'd wish to spend the night. The incompetence metred out to travellers there is simply daunting). I was not overly impressed by Sheraton, I must say, in other ways, other than the distance from the check-in counter - which is why I am glad I had this chance of saying something nice. Senhores, you and other staff in the restaurant saved Frankfurt Airport (and Sheraton by association) from my eternal curses. I think you should have a raise just for that!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kjetil W

Dear kjetilwathne,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experiences with us. It is a great compliment to our team that your expectations of our hotel were met and even exceeded with regards to our restaurant team. Your encouraging compliments are certainly appreciated and will be passed on to them.

We truly hope your travels will bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future. It will be our pleasure to be your host again!