Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
Agoda.com
US$127
US$102
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$80
4,321 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportsports barcigar loungeclub rooman early flightbetween flightsbusiness centerconvenient locationsalemdavidoffavtoconveniencecostasspgtraingermanyplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had a two day stay at this horrible place and decided to post the following emails regarding the conversation that took place afterwards:
Dear Mr. Obalek,

I hope this message finds you doing well. I want to tell you about my experience at your hotel and let you know that while I have usually enjoyed staying at Sheraton and other Starwood properties around the world (Austin, Dallas, Vancouver, Paris, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc.) I regret to tell you that my most recent stay was less than pleasant. While I have in the past considered Starwood properties of great value and actually, up until now, have recommended them to several people, I regret I will not be doing so any longer.

There were so many things wrong with my experience at your hotel, I do not know where to begin. I made my reservation with my Starpoints and then requested and was fully expecting to pay for an upgrade to a club room, when I arrived the receptionist told me no club rooms with two double beds were available and gave me a room in the horrible, old part of the hotel, the part that should really be shut down for safety reasons if for no other. Within the old part of the hotel, there are five guest elevators, only two of which were working; both of these had standing water on the floor dripping from the ceiling! How is one to decide which is better, walking with luggage up seven floors vs. getting stuck in the elevator if not getting electrocuted? The room had no view whatsoever, the TV did not work, never came on, and the wifi you'll be charging me for, was at best only intermittently present for about a minute at a time, we gave it up. In the bathroom, because the shower glass seal is as old as the building, the water from the shower dripped freely onto the floor making a puddle of water on it, welcoming me as I stepped out of the shower. All and all, a stellar performance from Starwood propertied I would say, and I am sure you would agree. I was staying only two nights at your hotel, July 25 and 26 of this year, and when I called to report all this, I got the standard reply of "we can change your room" which is not very worthwhile for a two night stay, and since I am pretty sure I would have gotten another room in the same building, completely pointless.

I think you should know your loyal customers and those who go out of their way to stay at your properties and I ask you if you treat these people this way, how do you treat the others? I also want you to know that I will expect a reply from you within two weeks (I think that is more than fair) and then I will post this and your reply (or without it) to Tripadvisor and Yelp, I think it is only fair for others to know about the situation in your hotel.

Here is their reply which is lousy, why would you put someone up in horrible conditions and then offer to rectify the situation once they come back (ten years from now)?

"Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and for taking the time to give your feedback. Your feedback and loyalty is very important for us to improve our service.
I sincerely apologize for your experience with us during your last stay regarding the room conditions and the technical problems. Please accept my apologies and my assurance that your comments have been passed on to the respective department heads. They will review it and take action. As technical defects can happen it is always our goal to make sure that you do not lose any time and that we provide a proper follow up on these matters. I just want to make sure, that this is not the standard service we are used to serve.
For the next time I would like to give you a nice upgrade to one of our Sheraton Club Rooms including the exclusive access to our Sheraton Club, just as a compensation regarding your last experience with us. And I will credit you 5000 SPG Points today. It will take a couple of days till they show up on your account."

They could have credited me at least for one of the two nights I stayed there, but oh no! that's too much.

Room Tip: Paid wifi, but does not work
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Shahin1965
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Shahin1965,

Thank you for contacting us via email and for taking the time to share our conversation here on Tripadvisor. While I wish you had a better experience, I regret that you were not satisfied with our response and compensation offered.

Rest assured, your comments have been reviewed seriously and in detail and we sincerely apologize for the shortfalls you encountered during the stay. Please let me take this opportunity to reassure you that this is not the usual level of services we provide to our guests.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I missed my flight due to the delay of my train, by the time I arrived to Frankfurt, Sheraton Hotel was my only option.
This was not my first stay in Sheraton Frankfurt and wont be my last.
The rooms are always clean and quite even though the rooms were overlooking the runway ( which made my stay even more interesting ).
friendly staff, clean, and very comforting.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear AlAmmari89,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and many thanks for this fantastic review.

We are delighted to read that you had a relaxing stay with us overlooking Frankfurt airport. Thank you also for pointing out one of our best features: our soundproofing system. Once you are inside the hotel, you do not feel at all like being at one of the world`s busiest airports. You can relax in a peaceful and calm atmosphere while watching planes.

Whenever your journey takes you back to Frankfurt we would be happy to welcoming you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location Hotel with 5min walking distance from the airport terminals via a covered walkway bridge. Friendly staff and well equipped rooms with all amenities you need for your business stay. Wi-Fi and working desk in the room as well equipped business center on Lobby floor. The Hotel also offers good dining options and a breakfast table suitable to this level Hotel. Fitness is available and offers a normal Hotel workout but it could be improved.

Room Tip: Choose one of the larger rooms, have stayed earlier in the standard rooms and they are ok for a night over but do not offer comfort for several days
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear 347Fredrik,

Thank you very much for selecting our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers. We are happy that you enjoyed such a wonderful business stay with us.

It brings us much joy to hear that you were impressed with the well-equipped rooms, dining options and most important with our team. I will gladly share your commendation with them.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again during your next stopover at Frankfurt airport.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Following a protracted check in process with staff who wouldn't recognize our SPG status we got to our Soviet era style room to find that the wi-fi didn't work, the TV didn't work, and the phone didn't work. It was too late to change rooms (the sole solution from the same slow front desk staff) so we settled for staying in the room with thin little prison pillows on the bed. And of course since the phone didn't work the arranged for wake up call didn't happen. On the plus side is this hotel's location right at the terminal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelarmchair
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear travelarmchair,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor. I am concerned to read that your room was not up to standards and sincerely regret your unfortunate experiences. That was surely not a standard service at our hotel. We will immediately try to locate the room you stayed in and will fix all mentioned issues. At the same time it is our pleasure to read that you could benefit from our direct airport access.

Dear travelarmchair, I hope you will accept our apologies and I would be glad if you could write me an email prior to your next visit to Frankfurt and I will personal take care of your reservation.

With best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

TV didn't work, phone system was not good, front desk regularly didn't answer calls, and the worst part was when the staff walked into the room without knocking in the morning while I was sleeping, turned on the lights and then left after I said I didn't need service without turning off the lights!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tom K

Dear Tom K,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am deeply concerned that you encountered anything but a professional and high standard level of service. Our aim is to help our guests to relax and get some rest during their journey. Please accept my sincere apologies and allow me to start a full investigation and follow up. I have already contacted you via the private message function to get to know more details of your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is of great value for us in order to monitor and adapt our services. We truly hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future to show you the true Sheraton hospitality, that we are known for.