For our family returning to the US the location could not be better. Fabulous train access into the airport and a pedestrian bridge directly from the hotel to the American Airlines checkin desks across the depressed lanes in the airport. It doesn't get better than that, anywhere. The immediate impresssions that endure are: friendly checkin, unbelievably smoky corridors on the non-smoking floors (and they STAY that way) , food prices that bring tears to your eyes, but it's still location, location, location.
Our room was a "family" room for four persons, which is a very small percentage of the total rooms in the hotel. It was clean, large and with a bathroom that does elicit a "wow"--all white, great shower, double sinks, bathtub, Grohe fixtures, good towels, pretty much everything one would want.
We observed two negatives other than the food prices in the restaurants (and pretty limited evening choices OF restaurants in the hotel, at that). The first is that the non-smoking floors appear to have zero ventilation air movement and as a result the corridors are filled with cigarette smoke all the time. Yes, non-smoking floors, but smoky corridors. The stale smoke smell assaults you instantly upon leaving the elevator and it's not subtle at all. It's about as bad as one ever smells in a hotel. It persisted during the entire stay.
The second negative was the supercilious and bordering on rude service from the male half of a male/female service team in the Business Center. There is a 2 euro service charge to make a long distance call from your room and while in the lobby area I asked for the German ATT Direct access code to use in a payphone. I was extremely polite in my request, appropriately dressed, and only inquired about internet usage charges and that one phone access number. The two employees were standing behind a desk, were doing nothing but waiting as far as I could tell and I was treated as a street urchin would have been, with more "attitude" than it's possible to convey here. AND I was given the wrong number. It's really hard in a two-dimensional space like this to bring to life the supercilious attitude of one of the two people in a totally empty business center. I felt like I should have apologized for living and backed out of the Business Center bowing and scraping and begging their pardon for bothering them. "Attitude" doesn't really begin to cover it.
The internet charges are truly breath-taking, just as they are in a lot of foreign hotels. There is a 30 minute free usage benefit applicable to three or four terminals near the reception area in the lobby. This is a very valuable amenity if all you want to do is check email on one of the commerical services (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) or use the internet, but they are not set up to use for direct LAN access to connect back to one's business email server. Still, it's more than most hotels of this type offer and much-appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, upscale hotel at the top location of Frankfurt International Airport This well-established first class hotel has a perfect location: right at Frankfurt International Airport with connection to the freeways A3 and A5, long-distance and regional railway stations as well as suburban train station. The hotel in Frankfurt offers 1008 comfortable rooms and suites, the exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge, two restaurants, one cafe, two bars, two fitness centers and business center. Meetings, conferences, conventions or galas find the ideal framework and the best possible service at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. 60 Banquet and meeting rooms are available for meetings of all types and sizes. Events from two to 1200 persons are organized with style and innovation to turn every occasion into a special event. The event center SkyLoft impresses with its refined concept of space on two floors, with avant-garde interior design and innovative conference technology. It has never been easier to meet with colleagues, friends and family. The restaurants Flavors and Taverne provide lavish comfort. Specialties from around the world but also regional delicacies are offered on the menus. At the bars Lemons & Limes or Davidoff Lounge, guests can let the evening fade away in a relaxed atmosphere. And in the cafe The Glass House, one can enjoy snacks and drinks during the day while watching the hustle and bustle of the lively lobby. Here is the central meeting point of the hotel - a place of global encounters. Sports buffs will feel at home at the Sheraton Fitness gym. In this modern fitness area (400 m²), equipped with the latest cardio equipment, training is fun and adds variety to the everyday life. Sauna, steam bath, massage facilities and a hairdresser top off the hotel's wellness facilities. Parking available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelClick, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel Frankfurt
- Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel
- Frankfurt Sheraton