I booked this hotel over 6 months ago, and kept reading the reviews as the months went by so I was aware of some of the not so positive comments I had read. It was wonderful to leave the busy part of the airport and to enter such a calm and quiet area ! The hotel location is what made my 9 hour flight the next day a completely different experience. I was rested and relaxed. I had avoided the rushing form one flight to another, running thorugh the airport with 2 young children. I arrived at the hotel at 4pm and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist named Martin. I specifically asked if it was possible to have a NON SMOKING room . In order to make sure I had that kind of room ( when I booked I was told that there were not too many non smoking triple rooms) I called the hotel once I had made my reservation and 2 days before flying. The last thing I wanted was a smelly room. Martin not only gave me a wonderful room , but also found one where we could see the planes take off. Our room was on a low floor, so the view was ok...but my girls saw some planes. We were not there for the view, so that really was not important for me.
The beds and pillows were so comfortable that it was a pleasure to sleep there.
The bathroom was large and I liked the teal teal/ green colour.
Regarding the buffet breakfat, yes it may have been a bit pricey, but when you think of the chaos that there is at the airport, just being able to go from our room to the restaurant, have a wonderful breakfast where service was great, as well as the food.....and where it was so calm, peacful and quiet...It was sure worth it. Being able to eat without having to hurry up, but to take it wasy, go back to the room, get my carry on and then walk to the gate....PRICELESS !!
I was able to get the weekend rate , since we stayed over on a Sunday evening. Even if it seems expensive, it is sure worth it. My main reason for booking this hotel was location and to be able to rest before an 9 hour flight. All the stress that comes with fliying with 2 young children, packing, and everyting related dissappeared the moment I entered the hotel where I can truly say it was worth it and from now on I will always stay there before my flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, upscale hotel at the top location of Frankfurt International Airport This well-established first class hotel has a perfect location: right at Frankfurt International Airport with connection to the freeways A3 and A5, long-distance and regional railway stations as well as suburban train station. The hotel in Frankfurt offers 1008 comfortable rooms and suites, the exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge, two restaurants, one cafe, two bars, two fitness centers and business center. Meetings, conferences, conventions or galas find the ideal framework and the best possible service at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. 60 Banquet and meeting rooms are available for meetings of all types and sizes. Events from two to 1200 persons are organized with style and innovation to turn every occasion into a special event. The event center SkyLoft impresses with its refined concept of space on two floors, with avant-garde interior design and innovative conference technology. It has never been easier to meet with colleagues, friends and family. The restaurants Flavors and Taverne provide lavish comfort. Specialties from around the world but also regional delicacies are offered on the menus. At the bars Lemons & Limes or Davidoff Lounge, guests can let the evening fade away in a relaxed atmosphere. And in the cafe The Glass House, one can enjoy snacks and drinks during the day while watching the hustle and bustle of the lively lobby. Here is the central meeting point of the hotel - a place of global encounters. Sports buffs will feel at home at the Sheraton Fitness gym. In this modern fitness area (400 m²), equipped with the latest cardio equipment, training is fun and adds variety to the everyday life. Sauna, steam bath, massage facilities and a hairdresser top off the hotel's wellness facilities. Parking available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel Frankfurt
- Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel
- Frankfurt Sheraton