“Service of a high standard”

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Warwick
“Service of a high standard”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Service, particularly at "Club" level of a high and consistent level. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2009
Dear GallopingSplit-pin,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and posting your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you approved of our continuing efforts to render our guests the best service possible. Our Club floors and Club lounge are designed for giving guests that little bit of extra comfort that can make all the difference on your travels. Our staff is always dedicated to being very attentive and helpful. It will be a pleasure for me to forward your compliments to them.

Can we hope to see you soon again in Frankfurt? We look forward to welcoming you and I hope you will share your experiences again with us.

Sascha Konter
Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Grado, GO- Italy
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I booked this hotel over 6 months ago, and kept reading the reviews as the months went by so I was aware of some of the not so positive comments I had read. It was wonderful to leave the busy part of the airport and to enter such a calm and quiet area ! The hotel location is what made my 9 hour flight the next day a completely different experience. I was rested and relaxed. I had avoided the rushing form one flight to another, running thorugh the airport with 2 young children. I arrived at the hotel at 4pm and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist named Martin. I specifically asked if it was possible to have a NON SMOKING room . In order to make sure I had that kind of room ( when I booked I was told that there were not too many non smoking triple rooms) I called the hotel once I had made my reservation and 2 days before flying. The last thing I wanted was a smelly room. Martin not only gave me a wonderful room , but also found one where we could see the planes take off. Our room was on a low floor, so the view was ok...but my girls saw some planes. We were not there for the view, so that really was not important for me.
The beds and pillows were so comfortable that it was a pleasure to sleep there.
The bathroom was large and I liked the teal teal/ green colour.
Regarding the buffet breakfat, yes it may have been a bit pricey, but when you think of the chaos that there is at the airport, just being able to go from our room to the restaurant, have a wonderful breakfast where service was great, as well as the food.....and where it was so calm, peacful and quiet...It was sure worth it. Being able to eat without having to hurry up, but to take it wasy, go back to the room, get my carry on and then walk to the gate....PRICELESS !!

I was able to get the weekend rate , since we stayed over on a Sunday evening. Even if it seems expensive, it is sure worth it. My main reason for booking this hotel was location and to be able to rest before an 9 hour flight. All the stress that comes with fliying with 2 young children, packing, and everyting related dissappeared the moment I entered the hotel where I can truly say it was worth it and from now on I will always stay there before my flight.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2009
Dear mcrisaut,

Thank you very much for posting such a commending feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers.

It was a great pleasure for us to host you and your children. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and approved of our facilities and services. You are quite right; our hotel is very convenient through its direct connection to the airport and that makes traveling a lot easier. Many people believe that an airport hotel must be noisy, dark and dull. As you have seen, our hotel is quite the contrary. We like to offer our guests a calm and quiet atmosphere with much comfort. You do not hear any traffic from the airport but can relax happily in your “Sweet Sleeper Bed” and recharge your batteries before or after your flight.

Your commendation is truly appreciated and I will gladly share it with my team, especially with Martin. I hope you will not let us wait too long to welcome you again to our hotel. We would love to see you soon again at the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers.

Yours sincerely,

Sascha Konter
Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Most airport hotels put you in shuttle buses. Waiting and driving time adds easily 30 Min.
whereas the Frankfurt Sheraton and Towers is part of the airport complex. It is half way between the arrival halls and the long distance station of DB (Deutsche Bahn). And you walk less than 5 minutes, no shuttle here. This is not a ypical airport hotel; it is more like a large city hotel, located near an airport. It is a large and attractive property. Rooms are well proportioned; the hotel has several restaurants and bars as well as conference failicites. Central Frankfurt is easily reached via the DB Regional Station, at the underground level, about 3 min. away from lobby. The hotel service is excellent and responsive and the entire staff is bilingual German/English.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank timbing
Big City, Missouri
Reviewed 23 June 2009

For our family returning to the US the location could not be better. Fabulous train access into the airport and a pedestrian bridge directly from the hotel to the American Airlines checkin desks across the depressed lanes in the airport. It doesn't get better than that, anywhere. The immediate impresssions that endure are: friendly checkin, unbelievably smoky corridors on the non-smoking floors (and they STAY that way) , food prices that bring tears to your eyes, but it's still location, location, location.

Our room was a "family" room for four persons, which is a very small percentage of the total rooms in the hotel. It was clean, large and with a bathroom that does elicit a "wow"--all white, great shower, double sinks, bathtub, Grohe fixtures, good towels, pretty much everything one would want.

We observed two negatives other than the food prices in the restaurants (and pretty limited evening choices OF restaurants in the hotel, at that). The first is that the non-smoking floors appear to have zero ventilation air movement and as a result the corridors are filled with cigarette smoke all the time. Yes, non-smoking floors, but smoky corridors. The stale smoke smell assaults you instantly upon leaving the elevator and it's not subtle at all. It's about as bad as one ever smells in a hotel. It persisted during the entire stay.

The second negative was the supercilious and bordering on rude service from the male half of a male/female service team in the Business Center. There is a 2 euro service charge to make a long distance call from your room and while in the lobby area I asked for the German ATT Direct access code to use in a payphone. I was extremely polite in my request, appropriately dressed, and only inquired about internet usage charges and that one phone access number. The two employees were standing behind a desk, were doing nothing but waiting as far as I could tell and I was treated as a street urchin would have been, with more "attitude" than it's possible to convey here. AND I was given the wrong number. It's really hard in a two-dimensional space like this to bring to life the supercilious attitude of one of the two people in a totally empty business center. I felt like I should have apologized for living and backed out of the Business Center bowing and scraping and begging their pardon for bothering them. "Attitude" doesn't really begin to cover it.

The internet charges are truly breath-taking, just as they are in a lot of foreign hotels. There is a 30 minute free usage benefit applicable to three or four terminals near the reception area in the lobby. This is a very valuable amenity if all you want to do is check email on one of the commerical services (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) or use the internet, but they are not set up to use for direct LAN access to connect back to one's business email server. Still, it's more than most hotels of this type offer and much-appreciated.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Insideinfo77
ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We ended our three week stay in Germany here because of the location; we didn't need to be so close to the airport (our fault for not doing enough research - most nearby hotel provide good shuttle service); parking costs were awful (and we couldn't make arrangements to return our lease car until the next day) so we had to "grin and bear it". Well, the hotel was dead.....bars open but only 2/3 people in them. Two restaurants closed. We were given a room that faced the afternoon sun....was very warm so we set turn down the airconditioner and left to seek a decent responsible meal in the terminal. Returned and the room was so HOT....we called, complained and immediately packed up. There was NO way we could have stayed in the room. While we waited for help to move, we actually had to stand in the hallway to get a decent breath of air. Management was nice about moving us, but seemed reculant and gave us the opinion that "we" weren't sincere in our complaints. The manager went into several empty rooms before moving us to one where the airconditioning worked! And it barely did! Maybe the European airconditioning has different standards than USA, but we were never truly comfortable all night. Only upon my husbands insistance was the parkig fee taken care of.
This is a 4/5 star hotel and it was NOT worth the several hundred dollars we paid. We realize some of our problems were of ur own making, but it was still NOT worth the money.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank twototravel
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 June 2009

What a sad experience. the worst exemple of an airport hotel. Rooms without any personality, sad colors, very poor amenities, ugly decor.
Views are horrible.
Nothing pleasant except the staff at Reception who is helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank tiboparis
UK
Reviewed 11 June 2009

great hotel, attached to the terminal, so easy access. great rooms, very comfortable.

limited restaurant facilities and they are very expensive.

there are restaurats in the terminal, so you could always eat there.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank TRAXUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,364 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#44 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!