My brother and I stayed at the hotel in order to split our long way home in two. While the trip home altogether was a hassle (going through an airport guarantees it these days), the only good thing about it was our nights stay here.
The hotel location was extremely convenient, connected to Terminal 1 via a closed pedestrian bridge. The hotel also has a luggage porter service right to the check in desk in the terminal although we didn’t use it.
The staff all round were friendly and courteous. Standing out was Gerard, the luggage porter. Not only was he friendly and cheerful but also very knowledgeable and helpful
Thanks to my SPG points, we were upgraded from a classic room to a club room at the tower area, with a free pass into the tower lounge.
Our room on the 8th floor was clean and modern, just like a business hotel room should look like these days. The room and bathroom were large and spacious. The room soundproofing was very good even though though the terminal/aircraft are very close to the hotel.The bed though was too soft in my opinion since I’m used to a harder mattress. I did manage to eventually fall asleep.
I had mixed feelings about the tower lounge. It had a small gym that we didn't use so I can't really comment on it. The lounge had a large selection of alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages. The snack/food selection was lacking and not very good. The leather sofas had a body odour scent which made sitting on them unpleasant. There are stools that were fine. There was a small business center as well.
For those who don’t get a free pass to the lounge, the price for entry for hotel guests was 55 Euros which I thought was quite hefty. The price for hotel visitors was even higher. The lounge is a good spot to go for drinks and to wind down but I wouldn’t go there for the food.
We did use the main business lounge located in the hotel lobby. The hotel has free 30 min. internet access on the computer stations. After that the price is expensive per hour. Since we didn’t need more than the free time available, it was convenient.
Since we arrived late in the evening, one of the hotel restaurants was already closed. The other restaurant didn’t have anything we wanted so we decided to go back to the airport terminal to look for food. There were several places to eat/drink, some were cheaper than the hotel restaurants/lounge. You can also find a Starbucks and McDonalds in the terminal.
We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel since our flight left early in the morning.
- Hotel location, perfect for a stopover.
- Friendly/helpful staff.
- Club room at the tower was clean/modern/good size.
- Good soundproofing.
- Tower lounge drink selection was good.
- I received my room upgrade only because I mentioned it to the desk reception staff member. I recommend the reception staff check if SPG members are eligible for upgrades and offer it to them without the guests having to mention it to get an upgrade.
- The tower lounge leather couches were smelly, poor snack/food selection.
- Bed mattress was too soft, not recommended for those who prefer a harder mattress.
All in all, I’d stay at the hotel again the next time I pass through Frankfurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, upscale hotel at the top location of Frankfurt International Airport This well-established first class hotel has a perfect location: right at Frankfurt International Airport with connection to the freeways A3 and A5, long-distance and regional railway stations as well as suburban train station. The hotel in Frankfurt offers 1008 comfortable rooms and suites, the exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge, two restaurants, one cafe, two bars, two fitness centers and business center. Meetings, conferences, conventions or galas find the ideal framework and the best possible service at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. 60 Banquet and meeting rooms are available for meetings of all types and sizes. Events from two to 1200 persons are organized with style and innovation to turn every occasion into a special event. The event center SkyLoft impresses with its refined concept of space on two floors, with avant-garde interior design and innovative conference technology. It has never been easier to meet with colleagues, friends and family. The restaurants Flavors and Taverne provide lavish comfort. Specialties from around the world but also regional delicacies are offered on the menus. At the bars Lemons & Limes or Davidoff Lounge, guests can let the evening fade away in a relaxed atmosphere. And in the cafe The Glass House, one can enjoy snacks and drinks during the day while watching the hustle and bustle of the lively lobby. Here is the central meeting point of the hotel - a place of global encounters. Sports buffs will feel at home at the Sheraton Fitness gym. In this modern fitness area (400 m²), equipped with the latest cardio equipment, training is fun and adds variety to the everyday life. Sauna, steam bath, massage facilities and a hairdresser top off the hotel's wellness facilities. Parking available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel Frankfurt
- Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel
- Frankfurt Sheraton