“Very good business hotel, great choice for stopover”

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 31 December 2009

My brother and I stayed at the hotel in order to split our long way home in two. While the trip home altogether was a hassle (going through an airport guarantees it these days), the only good thing about it was our nights stay here.

The hotel location was extremely convenient, connected to Terminal 1 via a closed pedestrian bridge. The hotel also has a luggage porter service right to the check in desk in the terminal although we didn’t use it.

The staff all round were friendly and courteous. Standing out was Gerard, the luggage porter. Not only was he friendly and cheerful but also very knowledgeable and helpful
Thanks to my SPG points, we were upgraded from a classic room to a club room at the tower area, with a free pass into the tower lounge.
Our room on the 8th floor was clean and modern, just like a business hotel room should look like these days. The room and bathroom were large and spacious. The room soundproofing was very good even though though the terminal/aircraft are very close to the hotel.The bed though was too soft in my opinion since I’m used to a harder mattress. I did manage to eventually fall asleep.

I had mixed feelings about the tower lounge. It had a small gym that we didn't use so I can't really comment on it. The lounge had a large selection of alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages. The snack/food selection was lacking and not very good. The leather sofas had a body odour scent which made sitting on them unpleasant. There are stools that were fine. There was a small business center as well.

For those who don’t get a free pass to the lounge, the price for entry for hotel guests was 55 Euros which I thought was quite hefty. The price for hotel visitors was even higher. The lounge is a good spot to go for drinks and to wind down but I wouldn’t go there for the food.

We did use the main business lounge located in the hotel lobby. The hotel has free 30 min. internet access on the computer stations. After that the price is expensive per hour. Since we didn’t need more than the free time available, it was convenient.

Since we arrived late in the evening, one of the hotel restaurants was already closed. The other restaurant didn’t have anything we wanted so we decided to go back to the airport terminal to look for food. There were several places to eat/drink, some were cheaper than the hotel restaurants/lounge. You can also find a Starbucks and McDonalds in the terminal.

We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel since our flight left early in the morning.

The Positive:

- Hotel location, perfect for a stopover.
- Friendly/helpful staff.
- Club room at the tower was clean/modern/good size.
- Good soundproofing.
- Tower lounge drink selection was good.

The Negative:

- I received my room upgrade only because I mentioned it to the desk reception staff member. I recommend the reception staff check if SPG members are eligible for upgrades and offer it to them without the guests having to mention it to get an upgrade.

- The tower lounge leather couches were smelly, poor snack/food selection.

- Bed mattress was too soft, not recommended for those who prefer a harder mattress.

All in all, I’d stay at the hotel again the next time I pass through Frankfurt.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2010

Dear guest from Edmonton,

Thank you very much for your extensive, in-depth comment. You gained many good and some less pleasant experiences during your stay and I am much obliged that you shared your thoughts with us by posting a summary of your stay on TripAdvisor. We rely to a great extent on the feedback of our customers when it comes to measuring our performance quality and efficiency.

I regret that the lounge did not totally meet your expectations. At the lounge, we serve a sumptuous breakfast buffet as well as snacks and beverages throughout the day. The snacks vary according to the time of day but they do not replace a restaurant meal if you are very hungry. The leather seating furniture, as far as I can tell, is clean and hygienic but emits of course the usual odor of leather upholstery. I am sorry that you found that unpleasant.

The bed you slept in was outfitted with our renowned Sweet Sleeper Bed equipment. Bed, mattress, duvet and linen were designed specially for Sheraton hotels to make sure that our guests will have a restful sleep. Disappointingly, you did not sleep too well.

I am glad, though, that the positive aspects of your stay outweigh the few not so pleasant experiences and that you would like to stay at our hotel again. I hope that your travel plans will bring you soon back to Frankfurt – we would be delighted to welcome you again in the near future.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center

Write a ReviewReviews (4,241)

Reviewed 29 December 2009

Everything was ideal at this hotel, from room location, bed, bathroom shower and location, location, location! What an ideal way to end your trip with the convenience of rental car return located downstairs in airport parking structure and a short walk to Terminal 1 for our Lufthansa flight home.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear travelviewer1,

You highlight the convenience of short distances between the various service points at the airport. Our hotel is indeed ideally located at the heart of Frankfurt airport and that makes it easy for guests to connect with trains, planes, shops, car rentals, post office, banks and whatever the airport area still has to offer.

In my view, today’s traveling is all about convenience. Why drive to the city center when you can have all you need just a few steps away from the boarding gates? You can save time and hassle and instead relax in your comfortable hotel room, enjoy a delicious dinner or simply put your feet up and e-mail your family and friends back home.

We hope to have shown you that our hotel is a destination worthwhile stopping by and would love to see you soon again.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 28 December 2009

My husband and I choose this hotel for the night prior to our flight home to Orlando, FL at the end of our trip to Nuremberg and Garmisch based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We are very happy with our choice. We arrived by train from Garmisch late yesterday afternoon and rolled right off the train and into the hotel. In a few minutes we will check out and walk right into the airport for our flight home. This is the most convenient end of trip transition I have ever had. I agree with all previous comments. Rooms are very comfortable and attractive. I am using the in-room internet now and it has worked perfectly. The only negative I have is the room temperature. Another reviewer mentioned rooms being climate controlled. However, the room was excessively warm and fiddling with temp controls on wall did nothing to alleviate it. We are on the 8th floor. My temp gauge on my travel alarm clock reads 76 degrees F. But this is likely only an issue for winter stays.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear LilAlvy from Orlando,

I am totally amazed by your efforts to post a feedback on your stay at our hotel while you were actually still staying at the hotel! Thank you so much for the time you spent on that and the positive commendation you wrote about us.

I will gladly put up your comment on our hotel’s bulletin board so that all associates can read your uplifting words. It is usually our task to wow our guests but you have achieved quite the opposite with your commendation. We are absolutely wowed by your kindness!

Please come back soon again! The air-conditioning will surely work properly at your next stay.

Happy New Year!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 December 2009

We stayed here on our last night while making our way back to the US from vacationing in Germany. The lobby and main gathering area is large and open so no problem when bringing lots of luggage. The staff I had interactions with where all very friendly and spoke English. I had the family room that was large with a king bed and two doubles all in one room. This room also had a nice size bathroom with a shower on one end and a bathtub/shower combo on the other. Looked modern and was clean throughout. The only minor problems I had where the A/C did not work because I guess they had it turned off for the winter. The room was very hot when we got there and I wanted to cool it down some. I did open a window and it eventually got cooler later that night. Really no big deal because it was very cold outside. The other item was I wanted a coke to drink and this hotel does not have a small store or place to buy something like that after hours that I could find. I ended up just getting one in the room in the mini bar but was pricey as these things always are. These are two very minor things and I loved the hotel and would stay there again without a doubt!! I reserved the room by calling the main number for Sheraton and the lady I spoke with was awesome and looked for 5 minutes or so to get me the best deal and found a special offer that saved me money on the rate!
You can stay and will have no worries from what I can tell.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Dear TurboRambler,

I can’t decide what I like more – the wonderful feedback you wrote about your stay at our hotel or your picture in front of Schloss Neuschwanstein.

Thanks a million for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor readers. I find your comments very valuable and hope that at your next stay – which I hope will be soon – you will give us your feedback again. We love to see our services through the eyes of our customers and use their criticism to optimize our services and thus increase the satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you for your input and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 21 December 2009

This is an ideal hotel for business traveller, the lounge is very elegant and one of
the best in all the hotels I have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2009

Dear traveler from Seattle,

Many thanks for your positive feedback and the effort of posting it here. I value your evaluation very much. It makes me quite happy that you are pleased with our services, especially at the Club and Towers lounge. In that area of the hotel, guests receive premium service around the clock. We love the lounge ourselves very much and put all our heart into making out of it a true oasis for our wonderful guests – maybe that makes it so successful.

Happy Holidays to you and come back soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2009

This is really two hotels. The main part is designed for crews and people stuck at the airport overnight. The club/tower side is much, much nicer, really as good as any Sheraton I've ever stayed in anywhere. The service is great, and not too intrusive, much warmer than at some German hotels. My only complaint is the ever-present smoky scent permeates even the non-smoking rooms. Sheraton should go non-smoking.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BossFan62
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2009

Dear BossFan62,

You are absolutely right: At our hotel, the different room types are meant to meet the individual travel requirements of our guests. We offer, all in all, four room categories plus various suites.

The cozy Classic rooms that you mentioned are not only for airline crews and layover guests – they are very popular among “regular” guests as well. But our Club and Towers rooms offer a touch or two of extra comfort and special services for the more distinguished guests who like to indulge in a little bit of luxury on their travels. I am happy to see that you are an admirer of our Club and Towers area.

Please note that we have reduced the number of smoking rooms considerably over the past years. Also, it is not allowed to smoke in the public areas or restaurants at our hotel. With these measures we have achieved that non-smoking guests feel much more comfortable. Since the smoking and non-smoking floors are separated, smoke nuisance is kept largely at bay.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Merry Christmas to you!

Reviewed 19 December 2009

We were put up in the Sheraton Frankfurt as part of the last leg of a tour of Israel, on the return trip. We arrived tired and a bit frazzled from the hassles of the airports in Tel Aviv and Frankfurt. We were greated by some of the most friendly and helpful hotel staff we have ever experienced. The room was very comfortable, the TV had NFL football on and the included breakfast voucher produced a wonderful buffet breakfast. This hotel is highly recommended if staying at the airport is convenient or useful to the traveler.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceekay40

Dear guests from Virginia,

I am happy that your holidays ended well with an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Many thanks for commending our associates for their friendliness and helpfulness. We always try to do our best to make travelers feel comfortable, especially when they come from a long and tiresome journey. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community and us.

Will you stay at our hotel again soon? We hope so!

Best wishes,