“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

Stayed here the night before heading back home. Decent hotel with clean spacious rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2010
Dear guest of our hotel,

Thank you very much for giving us your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel. I value your feedback highly. I hope at your next stay you will share your thoughts with us again. We are always greatly interested in the experiences our guests have made at our hotel.

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Just stayed at the shertaton Frankfurt airport and this is probably the best airport hotel in Europe. Had visited frankfurt for the fair and the location was just perfect and the hotel is connected to the airport and also connected to the train station, thereby avoiding stepping out in the cold frankfurt winter.

The rooms were fairly standard and clean. The breakfast had a lot of variety, even for vegetarians and the service was fast and impecible.

They also have a gym which is fairly standard , however the impressive part is that it is openend 24 hours.

The check in and check out were smooth and I highly recommend this hotel not only for people in transit but also people having work in the city as the train takes to downtown in about 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Dear shah75,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers for your business trip to Frankfurt. You point out an important aspect that many people disregard. The city center is actually just a stone’s throw away from the airport and the connections are easy, quick and regular. There are always trains, buses and taxis available, and there is even an express bus to the fairground that stops directly in front of our hotel.

Travelers can spare themselves the bother of carrying their entire luggage downtown and then back to the airport on the day of departure. It is so much easier to walk the few steps to our hotel, check in to a warm and comfortable room only minutes after landing, and take the trip to the center after a relaxing shower and a good meal. You have surely made the same experience.

I hope you will stay with us every time you visit Frankfurt. We would be happy to see you on a regular basis. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Yours sincerely,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers
Gennes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

I have stayed many times at this particular property over the past 15 years. The location is unique (if you want to be closed to the airport) as it is walking distance. The hotel is huge which makes it somewhat cold and lacking personality at times. Anyway, as a Platinum SPG members you always get upgraded to a nice deluxe room or suite with access to the great Towers Lounge. Check-in is real pot luck depending on your time of arrival. I have checked-in in 2 minutes as I have in 30 minutes even at the Gold/Platinum Counter. The rooms are well appointed with large bathroom and featuring a nice working desk with plenty of plugs for your laptop and internet connection. Being totally soundproofed, you will have no idea you are at an airport even if you overlook the train station or the motorway below. Breakfast is a great affair in the Towers Lounge with a resident cook for a la minute eggs order and the staff is very friendly. Nice, relaxed atmosphere, especially after the 8am rush hour ! You are so near to the airport building that I am known to have left my room 50 minutes before take-off time. Rates vary greatly from one stay to another depending on all sorts of factors. When I say greatly, it can easily doubled if not tripled from one stay to another, so beware and choose your dates carefully.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 January 2010
Dear FrenchieInLondon,

It gives me great pleasure to see that you are such a loyal customer of ours. Thank you for booking our hotel so regularly! I appreciate very much that you took the time to post a commentary on TripAdvisor to share your experiences with us.

I am very happy about the many positive aspects you highlight. It seems that our efforts at amazing our guests do not go unrecognized. The check-in process, however, seems to have not always been to your satisfaction. We will keep that in mind and think about an improvement in that area. It is worth checking out our Internet room rates from time to time because there you will most often find the best deals. Rates vary according to occupancy numbers. You surely know that phenomenon from booking airline tickets.

If you plan another stay in Frankfurt soon, I hope you will book your room again at the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers. We would be thrilled to see you soon again.

Yours sincerely,

Hamburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

Dear prospect guest of the SHERATON FRANKFURT HOTEL & TOWERS, CONFERENCE CENTER,
Since I am not living in Frankfurt but do need to take early flights in the morning overseas or in the Middle East, I do prefer arriving the evening before and spend the night in Frankfurt.
Due to my experience, I can highly recommend the Sheraton at the airport. The personal is always friendly and willing to help; even though this hotel is highly frequented by guests from all over the world- you never feel like a stranger or a average hotel-guest.
The rooms and the facility are modern, clean and even though the airport is “next door”, you will sleep soundless.
Therefore, in case you do want to spend a night in Frankfurt, even if you are not on a transit- this hotel will fulfill your expectations.
Honest regards
T. Lang

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 January 2010
Dear Mr. Lang,

May I get back to you when we need a new advertising text for our hotel? Your “promotion” of our hotel is absolutely amazing and I owe you a BIG thank you for offering your superb tribute of praise.

Your commendation is a most welcome motivation at the beginning of the New Year. We will do our best to keep up our good service and hope we can soon welcome you again to our hotel.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Happy New Year!

Sincere regards,

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

My brother and I stayed at the hotel in order to split our long way home in two. While the trip home altogether was a hassle (going through an airport guarantees it these days), the only good thing about it was our nights stay here.

The hotel location was extremely convenient, connected to Terminal 1 via a closed pedestrian bridge. The hotel also has a luggage porter service right to the check in desk in the terminal although we didn’t use it.

The staff all round were friendly and courteous. Standing out was Gerard, the luggage porter. Not only was he friendly and cheerful but also very knowledgeable and helpful
Thanks to my SPG points, we were upgraded from a classic room to a club room at the tower area, with a free pass into the tower lounge.
Our room on the 8th floor was clean and modern, just like a business hotel room should look like these days. The room and bathroom were large and spacious. The room soundproofing was very good even though though the terminal/aircraft are very close to the hotel.The bed though was too soft in my opinion since I’m used to a harder mattress. I did manage to eventually fall asleep.

I had mixed feelings about the tower lounge. It had a small gym that we didn't use so I can't really comment on it. The lounge had a large selection of alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages. The snack/food selection was lacking and not very good. The leather sofas had a body odour scent which made sitting on them unpleasant. There are stools that were fine. There was a small business center as well.

For those who don’t get a free pass to the lounge, the price for entry for hotel guests was 55 Euros which I thought was quite hefty. The price for hotel visitors was even higher. The lounge is a good spot to go for drinks and to wind down but I wouldn’t go there for the food.

We did use the main business lounge located in the hotel lobby. The hotel has free 30 min. internet access on the computer stations. After that the price is expensive per hour. Since we didn’t need more than the free time available, it was convenient.

Since we arrived late in the evening, one of the hotel restaurants was already closed. The other restaurant didn’t have anything we wanted so we decided to go back to the airport terminal to look for food. There were several places to eat/drink, some were cheaper than the hotel restaurants/lounge. You can also find a Starbucks and McDonalds in the terminal.

We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel since our flight left early in the morning.

The Positive:

- Hotel location, perfect for a stopover.
- Friendly/helpful staff.
- Club room at the tower was clean/modern/good size.
- Good soundproofing.
- Tower lounge drink selection was good.

The Negative:

- I received my room upgrade only because I mentioned it to the desk reception staff member. I recommend the reception staff check if SPG members are eligible for upgrades and offer it to them without the guests having to mention it to get an upgrade.

- The tower lounge leather couches were smelly, poor snack/food selection.

- Bed mattress was too soft, not recommended for those who prefer a harder mattress.

All in all, I’d stay at the hotel again the next time I pass through Frankfurt.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear guest from Edmonton,

Thank you very much for your extensive, in-depth comment. You gained many good and some less pleasant experiences during your stay and I am much obliged that you shared your thoughts with us by posting a summary of your stay on TripAdvisor. We rely to a great extent on the feedback of our customers when it comes to measuring our performance quality and efficiency.

I regret that the lounge did not totally meet your expectations. At the lounge, we serve a sumptuous breakfast buffet as well as snacks and beverages throughout the day. The snacks vary according to the time of day but they do not replace a restaurant meal if you are very hungry. The leather seating furniture, as far as I can tell, is clean and hygienic but emits of course the usual odor of leather upholstery. I am sorry that you found that unpleasant.

The bed you slept in was outfitted with our renowned Sweet Sleeper Bed equipment. Bed, mattress, duvet and linen were designed specially for Sheraton hotels to make sure that our guests will have a restful sleep. Disappointingly, you did not sleep too well.

I am glad, though, that the positive aspects of your stay outweigh the few not so pleasant experiences and that you would like to stay at our hotel again. I hope that your travel plans will bring you soon back to Frankfurt – we would be delighted to welcome you again in the near future.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Orange County, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

Everything was ideal at this hotel, from room location, bed, bathroom shower and location, location, location! What an ideal way to end your trip with the convenience of rental car return located downstairs in airport parking structure and a short walk to Terminal 1 for our Lufthansa flight home.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear travelviewer1,

You highlight the convenience of short distances between the various service points at the airport. Our hotel is indeed ideally located at the heart of Frankfurt airport and that makes it easy for guests to connect with trains, planes, shops, car rentals, post office, banks and whatever the airport area still has to offer.

In my view, today’s traveling is all about convenience. Why drive to the city center when you can have all you need just a few steps away from the boarding gates? You can save time and hassle and instead relax in your comfortable hotel room, enjoy a delicious dinner or simply put your feet up and e-mail your family and friends back home.

We hope to have shown you that our hotel is a destination worthwhile stopping by and would love to see you soon again.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

My husband and I choose this hotel for the night prior to our flight home to Orlando, FL at the end of our trip to Nuremberg and Garmisch based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We are very happy with our choice. We arrived by train from Garmisch late yesterday afternoon and rolled right off the train and into the hotel. In a few minutes we will check out and walk right into the airport for our flight home. This is the most convenient end of trip transition I have ever had. I agree with all previous comments. Rooms are very comfortable and attractive. I am using the in-room internet now and it has worked perfectly. The only negative I have is the room temperature. Another reviewer mentioned rooms being climate controlled. However, the room was excessively warm and fiddling with temp controls on wall did nothing to alleviate it. We are on the 8th floor. My temp gauge on my travel alarm clock reads 76 degrees F. But this is likely only an issue for winter stays.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear LilAlvy from Orlando,

I am totally amazed by your efforts to post a feedback on your stay at our hotel while you were actually still staying at the hotel! Thank you so much for the time you spent on that and the positive commendation you wrote about us.

I will gladly put up your comment on our hotel’s bulletin board so that all associates can read your uplifting words. It is usually our task to wow our guests but you have achieved quite the opposite with your commendation. We are absolutely wowed by your kindness!

Please come back soon again! The air-conditioning will surely work properly at your next stay.

Happy New Year!

Best wishes,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,331 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#44 of 268 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!