“A significant quality upgrade - quite impressive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #37 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Punta Gorda, Florida
“A significant quality upgrade - quite impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times over nearly 30 years of traveling through FRA. The last time I stayed there was over 10 years ago. I was extremely impressed with the remodeling - the open, light appearance, compared to the past. I was in a Club Room and the Club service was truly excellent, especially when compare to several comparable hotels in other major European cities. The staff was extremely helpful, courteous, and professional. The rooms were a pleasant surprise. Now my first choice for traveling through FRA.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
Dear KjunCelt,

I was really happy to read your commentary. It is always fascinating to get a feedback from guests who know the hotel from the time before our huge renovation. It pleases me to see that you like our new “look” so well that you will stay with us regularly again. I hope very much that your next trip to Frankfurt will be soon. We look forward to seeing you!

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

Spent one night at this hotel in transit. I thought I left my phone in the room and sent an email to ask if they had found it. The response from the hotel was excellent -- came back to me in less than 6 hours and it was clear they had done a thorough search immediately. As it happened, I had not left the phone there after all -- but they certainly made a positive impression by their reaction to the email. By way of comparison, I sent an email to the other hotel where I stayed (and DID leave the phone!) -- which was the InterContinental in Nairobi -- they took two days to reply, promised to look -- and I never heard another word.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Bosley,

I would like to thank you very much for highlighting our service attitude in your commentary about your stay at our hotel. We strive to care for our guests before, during and after their stay. We believe that contacts between guests and hotel should not be limited to the time of the actual stay. For that reason, we are available for our guests around the clock and happy to offer our services whenever they have questions, requests or need assistance.

I hope you will give us the pleasure to stay at our hotel in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

I have stayed here many times on business while passing through Frankfurt and is a perfect hotel for one night. Actually might even be ok for a couple of nights since is right over the train station and getting to downtown is quite easy. The rooms still look new and have all the amenities you need for a quick stay. I have not tried the restaurants in the hotel so cannot comment on those. The best part of this hotel is the customer service. You really do feel welcome there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
Dear Mr. Watters,

It was a great pleasure to read your comments and I am happy to see that you are a loyal guest of our hotel. Please make sure to try our restaurants at your next stay. Our chefs will surely surprise you with culinary highlights.

Thank you for commending our service standards. We are committed to offering our guest a personal and friendly service and I am delighted to see that you took notice of our efforts.

I hope you will soon be traveling again to Frankfurt to give us the pleasure to welcome you to our hotel another time.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

Stayed here the night before heading back home. Decent hotel with clean spacious rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2010
Dear guest of our hotel,

Thank you very much for giving us your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel. I value your feedback highly. I hope at your next stay you will share your thoughts with us again. We are always greatly interested in the experiences our guests have made at our hotel.

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Just stayed at the shertaton Frankfurt airport and this is probably the best airport hotel in Europe. Had visited frankfurt for the fair and the location was just perfect and the hotel is connected to the airport and also connected to the train station, thereby avoiding stepping out in the cold frankfurt winter.

The rooms were fairly standard and clean. The breakfast had a lot of variety, even for vegetarians and the service was fast and impecible.

They also have a gym which is fairly standard , however the impressive part is that it is openend 24 hours.

The check in and check out were smooth and I highly recommend this hotel not only for people in transit but also people having work in the city as the train takes to downtown in about 15 minutes.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Dear shah75,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers for your business trip to Frankfurt. You point out an important aspect that many people disregard. The city center is actually just a stone’s throw away from the airport and the connections are easy, quick and regular. There are always trains, buses and taxis available, and there is even an express bus to the fairground that stops directly in front of our hotel.

Travelers can spare themselves the bother of carrying their entire luggage downtown and then back to the airport on the day of departure. It is so much easier to walk the few steps to our hotel, check in to a warm and comfortable room only minutes after landing, and take the trip to the center after a relaxing shower and a good meal. You have surely made the same experience.

I hope you will stay with us every time you visit Frankfurt. We would be happy to see you on a regular basis. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Yours sincerely,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers
Gennes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

I have stayed many times at this particular property over the past 15 years. The location is unique (if you want to be closed to the airport) as it is walking distance. The hotel is huge which makes it somewhat cold and lacking personality at times. Anyway, as a Platinum SPG members you always get upgraded to a nice deluxe room or suite with access to the great Towers Lounge. Check-in is real pot luck depending on your time of arrival. I have checked-in in 2 minutes as I have in 30 minutes even at the Gold/Platinum Counter. The rooms are well appointed with large bathroom and featuring a nice working desk with plenty of plugs for your laptop and internet connection. Being totally soundproofed, you will have no idea you are at an airport even if you overlook the train station or the motorway below. Breakfast is a great affair in the Towers Lounge with a resident cook for a la minute eggs order and the staff is very friendly. Nice, relaxed atmosphere, especially after the 8am rush hour ! You are so near to the airport building that I am known to have left my room 50 minutes before take-off time. Rates vary greatly from one stay to another depending on all sorts of factors. When I say greatly, it can easily doubled if not tripled from one stay to another, so beware and choose your dates carefully.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 January 2010
Dear FrenchieInLondon,

It gives me great pleasure to see that you are such a loyal customer of ours. Thank you for booking our hotel so regularly! I appreciate very much that you took the time to post a commentary on TripAdvisor to share your experiences with us.

I am very happy about the many positive aspects you highlight. It seems that our efforts at amazing our guests do not go unrecognized. The check-in process, however, seems to have not always been to your satisfaction. We will keep that in mind and think about an improvement in that area. It is worth checking out our Internet room rates from time to time because there you will most often find the best deals. Rates vary according to occupancy numbers. You surely know that phenomenon from booking airline tickets.

If you plan another stay in Frankfurt soon, I hope you will book your room again at the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers. We would be thrilled to see you soon again.

Yours sincerely,

Hamburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

Dear prospect guest of the SHERATON FRANKFURT HOTEL & TOWERS, CONFERENCE CENTER,
Since I am not living in Frankfurt but do need to take early flights in the morning overseas or in the Middle East, I do prefer arriving the evening before and spend the night in Frankfurt.
Due to my experience, I can highly recommend the Sheraton at the airport. The personal is always friendly and willing to help; even though this hotel is highly frequented by guests from all over the world- you never feel like a stranger or a average hotel-guest.
The rooms and the facility are modern, clean and even though the airport is “next door”, you will sleep soundless.
Therefore, in case you do want to spend a night in Frankfurt, even if you are not on a transit- this hotel will fulfill your expectations.
Honest regards
T. Lang

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 January 2010
Dear Mr. Lang,

May I get back to you when we need a new advertising text for our hotel? Your “promotion” of our hotel is absolutely amazing and I owe you a BIG thank you for offering your superb tribute of praise.

Your commendation is a most welcome motivation at the beginning of the New Year. We will do our best to keep up our good service and hope we can soon welcome you again to our hotel.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Happy New Year!

Sincere regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 7 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,300 reviews
Park Inn by Radisson Frankfurt Airport

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!