My name is Thomas S. I am from Heidelberg, Germany, but since 15 years I live in the beautiful City of Vienna, Austria. As Frankfurt was – and still is -my major
airport hub, I know the facilities there quite well.
I travel frequently to the Americas - especially to South America, i.e. Argentina. A couple of years ago Lufthansa offered direct (one stop) night flights to Buenos Aires, but nowadays the only option is a flight that leaves Frankfurt at 10.20 am. That means, if one does not spent the night before the flight in Frankfurt one would have to take the early morning flight from Vienna and this means getting up at 4 am and boarding the 14 hours long distance flight to Buenos Aires already with a jetlag.
Therefore I decided to take an evening flight the night before and could start my journey to Argentina relaxed and after a good nights rest.
I used a mixture of skymiles and cash and got a very good rate with breakfast included. As already mentioned many times before, the location of the Sheraton is ideal, just a short walk from terminal 1.
The whole personel was very friendly and service oriented: Check-in was quick and efficient, My check-in agent Carolin Zimmer was very charming. I asked for a room with views of the runways, as I like to see planes taking of and touching down and she really tried hard and finally got me a room with the desired location.
The room itself was nice and comfortable equipped with completely sound proof windows and a huge comfortable bed, flat screen TV, aircon, minibar, working desk and lounge chair. Ok, the bathroom was not the latest design, but clean and equipped with everything I needed. I guess the management is renovating and updating the Hotel frequently, but in an establishment with more than 1000 rooms renovation is a never ending story, once you finished with the last floor, you can start at the ground floor again.
The only thing I missed, was the pool, it has been closed which is a pity.
I slept very good as it was completely quiet. The breakfast buffet is excellent, with a wide variety and quality of food and beverages, the waiters very friendly (I even got an extra table for my newspaper). Travellers complaining about the poor choice must have stayed in another Hotel or restaurant. Well it is not cheap but also the price is not unusual for a five star Hotel, so if you can get a rate with breakfast included it would not be a bad idea.
Talking about money, I would like to make some comments on reviews below. Some travellers are talking about “overprized”, “ripoff” and more, I think this is not fair.
As the Hotel is located directly on the premises of the airport, the costs for real estate are massive, and it is more than natural hat the prices have to be higher than for a Hotel in the middle of nowhere. There are surely cheaper options, but you have to take shuttles, trains or taxis.
Life is full of choices, so choose carefully! For me, the Sheraton was the perfect choice.
Nice regards from Vienna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, upscale hotel at the top location of Frankfurt International Airport This well-established first class hotel has a perfect location: right at Frankfurt International Airport with connection to the freeways A3 and A5, long-distance and regional railway stations as well as suburban train station. The hotel in Frankfurt offers 1008 comfortable rooms and suites, the exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge, two restaurants, one cafe, two bars, two fitness centers and business center. Meetings, conferences, conventions or galas find the ideal framework and the best possible service at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center. 60 Banquet and meeting rooms are available for meetings of all types and sizes. Events from two to 1200 persons are organized with style and innovation to turn every occasion into a special event. The event center SkyLoft impresses with its refined concept of space on two floors, with avant-garde interior design and innovative conference technology. It has never been easier to meet with colleagues, friends and family. The restaurants Flavors and Taverne provide lavish comfort. Specialties from around the world but also regional delicacies are offered on the menus. At the bars Lemons & Limes or Davidoff Lounge, guests can let the evening fade away in a relaxed atmosphere. And in the cafe The Glass House, one can enjoy snacks and drinks during the day while watching the hustle and bustle of the lively lobby. Here is the central meeting point of the hotel - a place of global encounters. Sports buffs will feel at home at the Sheraton Fitness gym. In this modern fitness area (400 m²), equipped with the latest cardio equipment, training is fun and adds variety to the everyday life. Sauna, steam bath, massage facilities and a hairdresser top off the hotel's wellness facilities. Parking available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel Frankfurt
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel
- Frankfurt Sheraton