“Great service and a welcome stopover before returning home”

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #38 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Austin, TX
“Great service and a welcome stopover before returning home”
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I stay at this hotel several times a year when I am on my way back to the US from European travels. The hotel is very conveniently located at the Frankfurt airport. I usually stay in the SPG tower and the rooms are very comfortable. I get access to the lounge due to my Platinum status. The snacks are excellent and they have a free open bar. Breakfast is cooked to order in the morning or you can choose to have cereal and other breakfast foods.

Service is always excellent, with a friendly staff that is constantly tidying up the lounge and offering to bring you drinks or food.

After a long trip, it is nice to stay at this property on the way home. I usually have a morning flight back so it is good to be right at the airport, close to the ticket counters.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Dear txworldtrav!

Hello again and thank you for another fabulous review. I am so happy that you stay regularly at our hotel. Since you mention that you prefer the Club floor, I would like to let you know that we recently gave that entire building section a facelift, including the lounge, which will also be refurnished in a few weeks. I hope you will like the new look and feel of the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again. Happy New Year!

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
GREECE
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We were flying off to the states the following morning , having started from ath landed shortly after 1600 . So we decided to book this hotel in advance to minimise any disruption to our travel plans . And we were glad that we did . The hotel is very close to the airport and it was just a very short ride with the taxi the following day to get there . It is a huge hotel with over a thousand (yes 1000 ) rooms . Apart form that there was nothing special as it is more of a transient hotel with steep prices . But as it is only for one night most people dont bother and neither did we . Decent breakfast

• Stayed November 2010
Dear letterman23,

Thank you for booking your room at our hotel, posting such a favorable commentary and highlighting the convenience of our location. There is not even the need to take a cab from the airport. You can walk over directly from the terminals. There are two walkways that connect the hotel to the airport concourses and the walk just takes a few minutes. I hope you will stay with us again at your next stopover. Please make sure to ask for one of our newly renovated rooms – I am sure you will love the new design and furnishings.

Thanks and best regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I would never stay here again. Dirty, outdated, rude staff and overpriced. I can say nothing good about this overpriced, unclean hotel. Do not stay here unless you really have to.
Dirty bathroom, rude staff, holes in blockout curtain, mildew in cheap bathroom, and incredibly overpriced.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Brisbaneandtheworld
Dear Brisbaneandtheworld,

Wow, you surely picked our hotel to pieces in your review. I did not know that we have such rooms at our hotel. Did you not talk to our staff so that they could find a solution for you? Please be assured that whatever problem a guest has at our hotel, we will gladly fix it.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us a chance someday to turn your recent disappointment into a positive experience.

MILANO
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Stayed one night as I missed my connection flight. Spent 225 € (breakfast not included) for a very impersonal & common room. Forniture Ikea stile & quality, small spaces & no services in general. Really a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FERDY67
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2010
Dear Ferdy67,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your stay at our hotel was rather unexpected, as far I can see. I am sorry that you missed your flight and had to find a quick solution for a stopover in Frankfurt. It is of course always better to book a hotel room in advance to get better rates. Yet, I understand that you did not have much choice and had not planned on staying overnight in Frankfurt. We have not fulfilled your expectations and I regret that you did not take more positive memories on your way. Our rooms are not equipped with furniture from the Swedish company that you mention. Maybe you will like our newly designed rooms better. We are currently in the process of updating a large part of our rooms. We would be happy if you would soon give us the chance to show you that our hotel is definitely worth a stay.

I wish you a merry Christmas.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I had a one-night transit stop at the Sheraton Frankfurt in May, en route home to DC from Cairo. Upon arrival I was exhausted from a busy week of meetings plus ill with a bad cold I picked up, so it was a huge relief to be able to walk quickly to the hotel lobby directly from baggage claim at FRA Terminal 1. Although I had expected a busy airport property like this to be very impersonal, I was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome from the front desk staff person. Check-in was quick and efficient, and I was soon in my room. I was fortunate to receive a club level room, which was nicely appointed with a big desk with plenty of workspace and a very comfortable bed. Despite being directly at the airport with windows facing the terminal and its busy access road, the room was absolutely quiet (and I'm really sensitive to noise). The bathroom was extra spacious with plenty of counterspace.

The club lounge is one of the nicest I've seen, and its staff was particularly welcoming. The evening hors d'oeuvres, including warm soup, sandwiches, fruit, and pastries made a perfect light supper, especially for someone with a cold! Breakfast in the lounge the next morning was also a treat and of much better quality than usual in similar club lounges, with the high point being the cook-to-order station manned by a very pleasant young chef.

Unfortunately my stay was less than 18 hours long, and I had to be on my way home after breakfast. This property is such a haven of calm, comfort, and excellent service that I would not stay anywhere else for a transit stop at FRA, and I'm looking forward to my return visit later this month (and hoping this time around to be able to check out the restaurants and spa!).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Ceollaigh
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Dear Ceollaigh,

What a treat to receive such an awesome review! Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and summarizing your experiences in so many flattering words. We are happy that you had a good time and would be delighted to welcome you soon again. I promise you will not be disappointed with our restaurants or gym.

Have a magical Christmas time and a happy, healthy New Year!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and would never go anywhere else in the area. It is conveniently located for both business and personal travel, quick train ride downtown, as well as to many wonderful towns and cities for day trips. Hotel staff are excellent - always friendly, helpful and accommodating with whatever needs I may have including check-in and out times. Rooms are good size for European hotel, always clean, very quiet, and well set up for work or leisure travel. Lobby very inviting, good workout area, and business facilities.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2010
Dear Ms. C.,

Thank you for visiting us again, thank you for your loyalty and thank you for your tremendously generous review. I hope that we can welcome you again next year and wish you very merry holidays and a healthy and happy New Year.

Best wishes,

Costa Rica
Reviewed 9 December 2010

The location is exceptionally convenient for business travel. The concierge pleasantly agreed to store a piece of luggage for almost one month, when we were returning for only one night! He repaired a wheel on the suitcase, for which we were extremely grateful. The dinner was excellent, although the service in the restaurant could have been improved. The room was roomy, spotlessly clean and comfortable. We could not have been happier with our one-night stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear costaricaresident,

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you to our hotel. Many thanks for your nice words! It really makes me happy to see that you felt at home and were satisfied with our services. We will shape up the restaurant service as well so that at your next stay you do not want to go home anymore…

Have a magical Christmas time,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,364 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#46 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!